Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

Story version of my -currently- postponed comic. I'll write everything out first...THEN make the comic.

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5
Chapter 5

"So...what are we supposed to do?" Harlequin asked as she sat down in the library after all the school searched by she, Jester and the teachers. "They're not here, I'm exhausted, and we dunno how to defeat The Puppeteer." she stiffled a yawn as she looked to the others in the room for an answer. "I'm tired too, but I can't sleep...I have no idea where a million students could've disappeared to...and I have an idea on how to beat The Puppeteer."

"What is this idea of yours, Jester?" Miss Nyx inquired as she took a seat as well. "Well, he was killed once by my ancestor, right? Well, Jack of Blades did it with his blades....I need those swords." "But you have no fighting experience whatsoever with sword weaponry!" Harlequin pointed out. "Well, I hope to god I'm a quick learner, since that's the only chance." He looked out the window. "We'll have to head to the cemetary, though."

A demon never lived forever, save for Salem and the Puppeteer, and they would eventually die and go back to the humans, but their bodies remained here. "Do we really have to?" his friend asked in a uneasy voice. "Do you want to end up as a puppet zombie?" "Good point...okay, I'm coming."

Jester looked up quickly, and was questioned by both of the females. "What is it?" "I think I found the students.." The purple and green figure pointed out the window at the large wave of creatures that moved, limped and wobbled down the street, tackling and attacking all those who were living. "Holy mother of mercy!" his friend gazed at all of them. "How exactly do you expect to get to the graveyard with those...those things out there?!" "Roofs." "Heck no I'm not going to-" "Do you have a better idea?!" The boy snapped, though irritated behavior was not intentional.

Orange-red eyes stared at him in silent shock...before she sighed. "Fine." she muttered, watching as he pushed open the window and pulled himself up to the tiled roof. With a moment of hesitance, Harlequin followed and looked down at the ground below. "Hold down the school, while we're gone, Miss Nyx, if you can." Jester called before he dashed off, the female joker like demon trailing behind him while she watched the large crowd of undead try to break into the school.

Eventually, after about thirty to forty minutes of jumping, climbing, stumbling and near falling, they slipped down the rain-pipe and were at the entrance of the graveyard. "So...where is Jack buried?" would be the obvious question, if not for the large tomb seen upon the hill. "Wow..." was all Harlequin managed to say as she tried to let air return to her lungs from all the work she had been doing today.

As they crawled up the large hill, they both took time to look among the many graves, crypts and tombs. It was an eerie place to be in, especially with the fact there was death and decay in the air...Jester could tell Harlequin did not want to be here by the way she moved and looked around, but she would not leave his side and would manage her way through anything.

Their eyes came to the crystal sarcophagus that they now stood in front of, the name 'Jack of Blades' carved into it's side. They cautiously edged towards it, and looked at it. "They're inside...come on, help me open it." The boy told his friend, and she gave a nod. They started pushing it open very slowly, since the cover seemed to weigh a ton to them, but when it finally hit the ground, they looked at the remains of the deceased creature.

Jack's body still managed to remain mostly intact, and the sight made Harlequin quickly bolt away from the sarcophagus and, from what Jester heard, get sick. He cringed as he tried to pull one of the swords away, but he heard a whisper....a whisper from a person supposedly dead.

These are the blades of The Moon and The Sun, The Dark and The Light. You may not take these till you prove you are of Trickster blood. 

Jester looked at the corpse, blinking a few times before glancing at a dagger that had been placed beside the remains. With a little cringe of disgust, he snatched it and looked at it. 'This better work...' he thought before placing the blade upon the palm of his hand. After a little second of reluctance, he pushed it against his skin slightly and quickly slid it to the side and off of the purple flesh, leaving a small, but bleeding wound in it's place. He dropped the blade quickly and hissed in a small pain that shot from his hand.

He breathed in deeply and squeezed clenched his hand to a fist to try and get some amount of blood to drip down while his hand hovered over the part where the two blades met one another. Green-gold eyes watched as it moved and fell onto the body, before disappearing altogether.

You are indeed part of the Trickster bloodline. You may take my blades. May god watch over you and give you strength.

For Friend, Fiend, Mortal and Divine.

The hand that tightly clasped the handles of the swords creaked and groaned as they released their grip from the weapons and rested by their owner's side. Jester carefully pulled the two blades out and watched as the lid to the sarcophagus lifted up on it's own and pulled itself to hide the body of Jack of Blades once more.

Harlequin had, while Jester was retrieving the blades, recovered and was keeping an eye out for any oncoming opponents. When she looked back at him after hearing the crystal coffin close on it's own, she stared in awe at the cutlass-like blades that he held. The right was a beautiful silver and white crystal blade with saw-tooth edges upon the blade itself and adorned with feathers, though dusty and cob-webbed, that made the appearance that it was the blade of Righteousness, of Light, of Good.

While the other was made of ebony and blood-crystals, same design as the right, except the blade was more curved, and a set of spikes adorned the area where the blade was connected to the handle. The blade of Wickedness, of Dark, of Evil. "They're beautiful...." Harlequin awed, before looking up at Jester. "But...how are you going to be able to fight The Puppeteer with them when you don't know how to use them?"

"I have no idea whatsoever."

"Well, you better either learn fast or try to keep up, because of them!" Harlequin pointed quickly at the gate that was now flooding with the undead of all of the school, save for Salem, and a quite a few of the people of Spookyville. "Aw, hell no I'm not gonna go against all of those! RETREAT!" Jester exclaimed, bolting off in the opposite way of the crowd, the girl following beside him. "So..where...do we..go?!" Harlequin panted exhaustedly. "Just follow me! We must go to...the clubhouse!"

"You mean the clubhouse we have used since 4th grade?" the girl questioned. "The exact same...at least it's not in the city! Now keep moving or else they'll get us." Jester replied, looking over his shoulder quickly.

"I hope it hasn't fallen apart."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

plushiegang4 on July 12, 2007, 6:56:44 AM

plushiegang4 on
plushiegang4run jester run!good chappie^^*stares at daggers in awe*oooooo pwwwwwettyyyyyy...RETREAT!RUN FOR THE CLUB....house-_-'another question if you dont mind, when did jester die?

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on July 12, 2007, 7:22:28 AM

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on
JustaMetalSonicFan1Jester didn't die....his ancestor, Jack of Blades, did.