Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Story version of my -currently- postponed comic. I'll write everything out first...THEN make the comic.

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6
Chapter 6

The creak of the door opening came to their ears as they entered the small, long forgotten building. It was large enough for them to enter without hitting their heads on the ceiling, and was in a decent condition even though nobody had taken care of it in a looooong time.

It only had four rooms. Kitchen, bathroom, main room and a miscellaneous room, but they didn't really need any more. Harlequin looked at the couch, dusty and a little worn, but better than nothing. She sat upon it and looked at her friend. "So now what?" "We'll wait a little longer and make sure none of those zombies follow...and then I guess I'll start trying to figure out how to fight with these." he looked at the blades before sitting down on the floor, glancing out the window.

"Didn't you have a book around here that was for the basics on fighting with a sword? I remember you got it for your birthday in the third grade and left it here." "You remember alot." "Yes, yes I do." the girl giggled before watching as he started to look for said book. After about 5-10 minutes of looking and digging through junk, he managed to pull out the book. "All I need is something to practice on..." Jester trailed off and looked at the girl, who sat up quickly. "Heck no...Nope, I'm not going to be...a...dummy for..you.." Harlequin's resistance to the idea lessened as Jester's eyes became glossy and big like a puppy's. "Awww...alright...just don't try to kill me please....after you read that book and I'll get my conjuring and healing books, we'll start..."

-------------------------
3 hours later...
-------------------------

"Okay, book's read." Jester told the slumbering girl on the couch. She opened one eye tiredly. "Is it time to wake up already?" she yawned before rising onto her feet and stretching out her sleep. "No zombies?" "Nope." "Alrighty, I suppose we can head out and start then."

They exited the shelter and looked out into the dark night sky. After managing to light the candle-bowls they had used for the night when children, Jester interestedly watched as Harlequin managed to conjure up her own weapon of choice. "Out of all the things, you chose a metal staff?" he questioned. "It's more than just a staff, Jester." the girl replied calmly, twirling it before stopping it and holding it with both hands. The staff was mostly silver with major detailing upon it, mostly of vines and serpents. On the bottom were several deadly spikes, and on the top was a prism orb.

"Well, are you going to stand around or do are you going to do something?" She asked after a moment, and immediately she was earned a response as the clash of crystal-metal contacted the silver staff. Harlequin twisted the thin weapon around and gave Jester no reaction time as she sent him back into a tree. "You have to be better than that, Jester. I'm not going to go easy on you, because the Puppeteer won't." she told him as he managed himself back on his feet and shook his head slightly.

He tried and tried again, all resulting in either tumbling into a tree or onto the ground, or getting mildly electrocuted from the orb atop the staff. Harlequin yawned, before blocking another attack, only to find the contact of blades removed and, after a moment, the points against her back. "Good, Jester..." she smiled as the tips of the blades were pulled away. Over and over, he became better and better, learning remarkably quick about agility, attack and defense. Soon they were sitting back in the house, candles outside extinguished. "You were amazing out there, Jester." he heard her say as she healed both of their scratches. "I'm not that good.." the boy mumbled modestly, rubbed the back of his head.

"Oh stop being so modest." She laughed and ruffled his spikes playfully. She calmed down with a slight grin still on her face. "You know, you should try to sleep...you never know what's gonna happen tomorrow." "Yeah..." Jester reluctantly answered, and gazed at her. "Don't worry, I can hold down the fort while you're asleep. Any undead that come around are gonna get bug zapped." Jester chuckled at her reply, and nodded. "Alright, Harlequin. You win. I'll get some rest."

He felt her embrace him tightly, making a slightly darker tone of purple appear on his cheeks before she replied. "Goodnight, then." she looked up at him and started laughing.

"Jester, are you blushing because of my little hug?"

"Of course not!"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

plushiegang4 on July 12, 2007, 7:01:31 AM

plushiegang4 on
plushiegang4neeeeeeeee!!!!jester likes harlequin!jester likes harlequin!ANOTHER good chappie^ . ^