Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8

Story version of my -currently- postponed comic. I'll write everything out first...THEN make the comic.

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8
Chapter 8

"Don't do it! You said you wouldn't hurt me!" Harlequin snapped at The Puppeteer. 'You are correct. The deal states that I cannot hurt you..but he can. Now, kill her, Jester.'

"Yes, Master." Jester said in a lifeless voice as he twisted his head to look at Harlequin, and a wicked grin came to his face as the swords rose back into his hands and he disappeared, returning into visibility behind the girl, attempting to slice through her but finding her suddenly gone. He looked up to find her in the air, suspended by her saw-blades. "Come down." he told her. "No." "Now." "No." The neutral colored creature's eyes narrowed before a roar escaped him, bringing flames that dared to burn Harlequin. "Ship, ship, SHIP INNA BOTTLE!" the girl yelled before she fell onto the floor, just missing the fire thrown at her.

"Now hold still. This'll only hurt for a few hours." Jester snickered as he approached her, now lightly misting eyes upon her as his grip on the blades tightened. 'If I only knew that song Mannekin sung! I could snap him out of it. Think, Harlequin, think of what it could be!'

As he shot at her, she reached into a shirt pocket and pulled out a small bottle, aiming it at Jester. As soon as he was close enough, she sprayed it and he stopped dead in his tracks. He stood there for a moment, before dropping the blades and rubbing his eyes. "My eyes! THEY BUUURRRRRNN!" he screamed, rubbing them furiously. "Sorry Jester! You left me no choice but to use the pepper spray!" She watched as he fell onto the ground while trying desperately to stop the burning in his eyes. 'How could my servant be stopped by something such as Pepper spray?!!' The Puppeteer hissed.

'Okay...moment to think....moment to think...um...umm....ah hah!' The girl thought, smirking. "Hey Puppeteer! Guess what I remembered? It's a certain little song-" 'No, damn it all!' "Yes, the exact song that can turn your zombies back!"

The girl 'ahemed' before she started singing the melody.

'Come to me, children, and follow my way, into the world of darkness and magic. With all my power, I'll show you the way, to all your dreams, hopes and emotions...'

Copies of herself, her personality, her shadows, her emotions, started appearing around the theater and strengthening the song's power as they started joining in.

'Time to awaken from his evil spell, to embrace your soul once again. With all my magic, I'll return them to you, to give back your dreams, hopes and emotions.'

They started singing just the song and no words itself, and that was when the orbs started to be pulled away from the shadow creature and to their rightful owners. The first one to be returned was Jester's. "Who...wha..." He rubbed his head before shaking it slightly. "Why do my eyes hurt?" He looked over at the many versions of Harlequin as the last of the souls were returned and they silenced. "Long story. Just kick The Puppeteer's backside and We'll tell you later." They all said. "Wow..." Jester looked at all of them before he picked up the blades and let his eyes fall upon the Puppeteer.

His eyes started to flame green-yellow fire, the emerald colored markings on his body started to follow suite. A wet splat was heard as several new spikes started to grow upon his head and spines came down his back, and elbows. His voice was not his own when he spoke, but someone older, someone that was thought to be dead. "Miss me, Puppet-man?"

'J-Jack of Blades!' The Puppeteer stammered. This was not what he was planning. "Is the big scary Puppeteer afraid of me?" He vanished in a vanished in a fiery green inferno before reappearing behind the shadow, blades threatening to cut the throat of the shadow demon. "It's time for your blood to be spilt, and never have the option of coming back, damned fiend of the dark."

'Hmm, hmm...' The Puppeteer laughed. 'I will always come back, no matter how many times you kill me. As long as your blood-line continues, I will forever return to slaughter the generations.' the shadow demon's head twisted around to face Jester/Jack of Blades.

"Time to silence you, wretched creature."

------------------------------------
Main Finish to The Puppeteer (not the ending, this continues for one more chapter.)
------------------------------------

The head twisted around to it's normal stance as the blades ripped across his neck and pulled away with their owner that backed away from the shadow. The Puppeteer started laughing, laughing as loud and manical as he was able to with the blood that gushed from his neck, and he started coughing violently and gasping for air that never made it to his lungs.

He held his throat, as if hoping it would help heal the wound, though it really made it worse. The claws pulled away to look upon blood-soaked hands, and the demon shook it's head as it tried to gasp for one more breath before it fell onto the theater floor...lifeless. The fire upon the body of the purple and green creature extinguished, and he looked at everyone...

They were all silent, staring in shock...before they quickly started applauding his victory. Jester grinned as he looked at everyone within the seats of the theater, and then down at the body of the Puppeteer...he heard a whisper from the thing as it started melting into the shadow liquid. 'As I said, you can never kill me forever...I will come back Jester...I ALWAYS come back.' That's when the shadow completely vanished out of sight, leaving blood where it was. Jester looked back at the crowd, and slipped off the stage to celebrate with the recovered citizens of Spookyville.

------------------------------------
Alternate Version (This would be the alternate ending, not continuing)
------------------------------------

Just before the blades managed to cut across the flesh of his neck, they were pulled out of the hands of the purple and green demon. "What on..earth..?" Jester stopped at the agonizing pain that came from his abdomen. Upon looking down, two blades had been sent into his torso. "I hate...you..." he spat, blood dripping from his mouth. 'I hate you as well. Now shut up and die in agony.' The Puppeteer told him as he drove the weapons deeper into the other's body before releasing them and turning around. Jester stumbled back, and looked at everyone...he failed them....he failed them all...even Harlequin...The flames extinguished themselves as he gazed at his friend. "I am sorry...." he whispered, before he fell to the floor. 'Buh-bye, Jester.' The Puppeteer killed him with his wires, leaving a gruesome picture.

-----------------------

Crimson eyes stared upon his army of zombies that stood before the portal that led to the human realm. "We are ready to begin the invasion, sir." Mrizzard told the taller creature. 'My minions...forward! Time to claim the realm of the PIT-IF-FUL HUUUUMANS!' The Puppeteer commanded, and forward they went...with only destruction and chaos in mind.

After the minions had entered the portal, including Mrizzard, the demon looked around at the deserted area. 'Au dieu, Spookyville.' He farewelled before he, too, disappeared into the portal.

Leaving behind the bodies of Harlequin Callista Laaysha, and Jester The Trickster.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

plushiegang4 on July 12, 2007, 1:04:17 PM

plushiegang4 on
plushiegang4FLABBERNUGGETS!!!!!that was amazing!!!!!i loved it!, die puppeteeer die!okay....who REALLY died?the Alternitive version or the other version?.....i mean in the story....Jester or the Puppeteer?@.@ im confused!!!

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on July 12, 2007, 1:11:38 PM

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on
JustaMetalSonicFan1The Puppeteer. The Alternative ending is for people who like the villain to win.

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on July 12, 2007, 1:12:12 PM

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on
JustaMetalSonicFan1Jester triumphs again. -throws confetti-