Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Haioc

All hope is failing in the land of Laktra. Haioc the dreaded dragon has cast fear over the land. When all fails the leader of the King's knights seeks help from a soceress,and i simple peasant seeks freedom from the dragon's lair. They say don't run

Chapter 1 - Haioc

Chapter 1 - Haioc
Title: Beyond the Flames



Genre: Romance, Action/Adventure, drama, tragedy.













:::Authors Note::: Hiya everybody…I just had this really awesomly cool idea for a ficcy and so I just had to write it. Yes, it is going to be a lot different then my other one…and yes it is going to be original



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::
::::::::
::::
::
:
Chapter 1: Haioc
:
::::
:::::::::
:::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::





---



Gleaming yellow eyes pierced through the dark cave. A low growl lingered through the dense air. Sharp claws scratched the stone ground. Many cries of pain filled the sky as the scorching flames burned the human flesh.

---

“That’s the twentieth knight that we’ve sent that hasn’t returned.” Ceak yelled his fists tightly clenched.



“Milord, maybe we should stop trying to kill the dragon.”

Ceak shifted his gaze over to the bold knight. “Are you suggesting that we give up?”

“Milord, all we have been doing is killing our knights.”

“Every knight that sets out to slay the dragon brings hope to Laktra.”

“Yes, but every time we send a knight the King’s army is falling apart.”

“If someone could just defeat this dragon once and for all.”

“Sire, maybe we should send someone other then a knight.”

“What are you persuading?” Ceak questioned as he raised one of his dark colored eyebrows.

“Well Sire, maybe we should send the sorceress.”

“The sorceress is a follower of Ceriene. The king wouldn’t hear of it.” A sly grin slowly crept across Ceak’s face, “unless…”

“Unless what, Milord?”

“Well, we won’t tell the King we sent the sorceress. We tell him we sent me.”

“But Sire, you can’t just disappear the King will surly see you.”

“He, won’t because I am going to go defeat the dragon.”

“Milord, you will surly die.”

“Not with the sorceress.”

---

The sorceress’s eyes dashed across the room. The blue orbs glistened with mystery. Her long brown hair fell over her face as she bowed.

“Praise be to Ceriene,” she whispered as she lifted her head.

“Lady Tella, shouldn’t we leave the temple?”

The sorceress turned her head to the calling of her name. She let out a grieving sigh as she walked over to her assistant. “Many people shed their blood today by scorching flames.” She stated her eyes tightly shut.

“Was it Haioc?”

Tella’s eyes flashed open as she heard the dreaded dragon’s name. The torches flames played with her eyes. She turned her back to her assistant the bands around her bare feet clanking against the stone floor. She stared at the stone wall with symbols emplaced on it. Few could read the lost language only the mages and sorcerers; followers of Ceriene. She placed a hand onto the wall, and the symbols glowed beneath her fingers.

“Darkness has covered Laktra, death has taken over.”

---

The young girl screeched as the singing flame burned her tan flesh. Her deep brown eyes flashed open as her hot tears fell down her face. She turned her head as she heard approaching footsteps. She let out a small smile cover her apprehensive emotions.

“Don’t worry Beyone, someone will eventually save us.”

Beyone turned her face from her friend. “How can you be so positive? We are in Haioc’s lair sooner or later he will find us hiding in the corners. Darin, maybe it’s time we attempt to escape.”

Darin shot a glare towards Beyone. “We’ve tried that before and we just ended back here.”

Beyone stood up the smoke filled air chocking her lungs. “Over twenty knights have come here and died.” She said hoarsely trying to catch some clean air.

Darin raised an eyebrow, “all the more reason to leave.”

Beyone smiled as she looked into her friend’s eyes. More cries of pain filled the fire lit refuge causing fear to rise in the young girl.

---

Death was just going to keep coming…



They say never to run from fear



But what do you do…



When fear chases you



---





So did you guys like it. I know this was short but it was really just to introduce the main characters. I know you may think this is just the kill the dragon thing, but believe me it isn’t.







Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Jailcrow_of_Mandos on July 29, 2004, 4:32:05 PM

Jailcrow_of_Mandos on
Jailcrow_of_MandosVery well written, and I love your description and style. I would also like to see more =) You could use a few commas here and there, but it's pretty neat =)

pirateloverandstoryteller on July 28, 2004, 11:43:00 PM

pirateloverandstoryteller on
pirateloverandstorytellerits kinda a weird story, but its intriguing. write more plz!