Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Just read! xD

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
        A loud, shrill ring wrought its happiness throughout the school, and into every student's heart. School was finally over. In the burning heat of Maine the air was filled with shrieks of excitement and lockers slamming, finalizing the fact that summer had finally blessed the students with its long break from school.

        As the students piled out of their classrooms in mobs, all were filled with happiness--Or all except for one, that is. Lonely, miserable Karol Lynn sat at the desk in the corner of the classroom. Her delicate mouth was turned down into a frown, and she laid her head on the desk, cool against her flushed face.

        Karol Lynn was never the kind of girl expected to be so apart from the others. In fact, she was quite pretty. She was average height, and her figure was like that of a time glass. Her eyes were pools of amber brown, and it seemed as though you could gaze into them eternity. The neverending depths seemed to draw you in with just one, quick glance. And her hair made all envious. It went down to her belly-button, and gleamed brilliantly in the morning sun. It was a glowing, golden brown with different hues of blonde scattered throughout it. Two elegant, golden hoops hung regally from her ears, encircling a ringlet of hair fallen from the ponytail atop her head. Not only was she pleasing physically, but if you got to know her, her personality drew you in. The odd thing about Karol Lynn was that just when somebody were to get close to her, she'd shy away.

        As she grabbed her bookbag and tramped out the door, she ran her tired fingers through her hair. Shoving the things from her locker into her bookbag, she sighed heavily and began to walk home. She knew it would be a less-than-happy summer vacation. She trudged home with a heavy heart, and a broken spirit.

        Just as she expected, she arrived home to an empty house. She plopped down on the couch and picked up the phone, systematically dialing Katie's phone number. And then she remembered. Katie was gone. She flung the phone on the floor, making it land with a loud crash. The dial tone sounded, but Karol Lynn saw nothing. Felt nothing. Heard nothing. Second passed by. Then minutes, and then, even hours.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment