Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prologe and chapter 1

This is a fanfic that I'm still working on, it takes place episode 52 of the series. Hope you like it.

Chapter 1 - Prologe and chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Prologe and chapter 1

Prologue

Fire surrounded their homeland as The Empress of Japan rowed away from the shores with her husband's sword and her son. The prince looked back one last time, seeing a figure on the dock waving good bye. The prince had a hard time seeing the figure, he could only make out the dog ears on top of the figure's head. But he heard her voice speak.

"Sayonara (Good bye).. Chibi-kun (Cute little boy)..." the figure said as the smoke grew thicker from the flames higher around.

The prince tried to cry out but couldn't, as everything around him went black.
---------------------------
Jack woke up, sweat came down in buckets as he was gasping for air. He calmed down right away and used his sleeve of his ghi to wipe away the sweat. It was a cool day in the forest where Jack was sleeping that night.

"That dream... what does it mean?" he thought to himself, "This is the fifth time this week that I had it. And...who was on the docks that long ago. A friend... or foe."

Shaking his head, Jack forgot all about it as he got up and stretched, trying to get the knicks out. As reached out for his sword, he heard something. Not making a sudden move, Jack waited. Then with lighting speed he grabbed his sword and got out of the way as lasers blasted right behind him hitting the tree only to miss him by an inch. Jack landed with his sword drawn ready and into his usual fight stance, keeping his senses intact until something came out. A tall man which looked like a ranger's outfit (like Strider from LOTR) stood across Jack.

"Not bad... for a criminal," he said to Jack.

"Who are you?" he asked the ranger.

"My name is not important. But you, Samurai Jack, are," said the ranger pointing at him, "By order of the great lord Aku you are here by under arrest. Put down your sword right now, and no harm will come to you."

As the ranger spoke those words a group of hooded minions appeared holding guns, swords, axes, and other weapons that only and expert can tell. Jack looked at them all, and knew this was not good... not good, for all of them. Jack clutched his sword tight and waited for the moment to come. Then without warning, one of the them front threw a dagger at him, but with quick reflexes Jack grabbed the dagger and threw it back at the hooded minion dead center in its head. Sparks flew out of it as it fell to the ground.

"GET HIM!!" yelled the ranger at the hooded minions. And with that, they ran towards Jack.

One by one they ran at Jack but none of them were close, for his skills were more unbelievable than the ranger imagined. He took them down easily with his katana, slicing and pearcing though their robotic bodies. Some of them were lucky enough to slice through Jack's ghi leaving marks on his back and arms. He can felt the sting of each cut but he pushed the pain away out of his mind as he fought on as their weapons were cut in two, sparks flying, wires and gears littered the ground until there were any more left. Jack, breathing hard, felt the pain as his sweat rolled down his body stinging his wounds and mixing it in with his own blood, but he didn't mind the pain as he turned to finally face the leader.

"Your army is beaten. It is best for you to surrender," said Jack to the Ranger.

"Not quite, but we will meet again Samurai Jack," he said as he brought out a small bag and threw it to the ground.

White smoke filled the air as Jack began to cough and his sight was blurred having a time finding the tall man. But as the smoked cleared, all he saw were the bodies of the ones he slayed. Jack closed his eyes and sighed as he sheathed his sword, he opened them again he began to walk until he came to a nearby stream and undressed he washed his wounds when he was done he cut a few strips of cloth from his obi and dressed his wounds when he was do he put on his ghi and left deep into the forest.
-----------------------------------------
Not far, the ranger was making his way out of the forest until someone jumped out of a tall tree and landed right in front of him.

"Who the heck are you?" he asked the stranger.

The stranger said nothing as pulled out a glowing ball from his shirt.

"W-what are you doing?" he asked the stranger again as the sphere began to glow.

The stranger didn't say anything as in a matter of seconds the ball glowed brighter.
-----------------------------------------
As Jack was walking, he still felt those wretched wounds, when suddenly he heard a noise, it was screaming. He hurried to source of the sound, to his surprise when he arrived he saw the ranger the same one who attacked him earlier was now on side on the ground. Jack had his hand on the handle of his sword knowing if the ranger was faking it he would be ready. But the closer he got, he started suspecting that something was horribly wrong. Using is foot, Jack turned the ranger over to see his eyes were white, with no markings or even blood that would've indicated that he was attacked. It's seemed something had taken his soul....

"No," he thought, "It cannot be, I defeated him already.."

It recalled to him as a few months ago Jack ran into one of Aku's minions, Demongo. He had the power to steal a warrior's soul and use them on his own will. Jack had to fight hundreds of trapped warriors who were controlled by the demon until he found a way inside him to free them all. After that, he never saw Demongo since that day. Without saying another word, Jack hurried out of the forest leaving the ranger's empty body, he knew what killed the ranger will be coming back... and maybe after him.

Not far on top of another tree stood a young woman dressed in black, her brown hair pulled back into a long braid. On her back were a pair of black leathery wings, and in her hand held an unusual weapon that glowed green as she spied on the samurai until she felt someone close near by. Then it spoke to her.

"Another one is dead?" he said to her.

"Yes," she answered. "But that is not our problem not yet, the samurai is close."

"How close?"

"Very close, he is traveling to the inn as we speak."

"Do you think she will remember him?"

"I don't know my love. We just have to wait and see."
=================
Chapter 1
Mid day grew as our hero made his way out of the forest, but still he was on the alert just to be sure. After all what happened the today with the ranger, he wouldn't want to end up like him, not yet anyway. And as Jack walked on, he notice a sign pointing to the left it was badly worned but still he could read it, it said:

'The CDF inn, a home away from home, low prices, great food, baths, warm soft beds, and great entertainment .'

Jack's stomach growled but laughed, it has been a long time since he had a good meal with a soft bed. Besides, sleeping outside was no fun at all. And so, Jack decided to see if this inn was what they said. So he began to walk down the path heading towards the place. A few hours later, Jack was out of the forest to a clearing down below. He saw a town and not far, a huge house.

"Perhaps that is the inn," he thought, "from here it looks like an old Japanese Inn or a summer house."

He remember as a child he, his parents and Uba (Nanny) used to go on vacation in Edo and stay at inns quite like the one he saw. Jack closed his eyes and sighed, he missed his parents and Uba dearly. He only knew his Uba for a short time but he still cared for her and hoped when he returns to the past, she might still be alive after what Aku did to his homeland.
Jack opened his eyes and made his way down the path to the town where there he saw people running around doing their normal day routines. And as he made his way through, he decided to stop at a tavern for a drink before heading to the inn. He found one close by and entered, there weren't a lot of people there as he made his way inside.

"What will it be stranger?" said the bartender cleaning another glass.

"Water please," said Jack to the bartender.

The bartender put down his clean glass and picked up a pitcher of water, slowly he poured it into the clean glass and handed it to Jack. Jack thanked him and took a sip. The water was cool and it didn't taste bad at all. Unlike those other times when it had some metallic taste it was horrible for his taste.

"So tell me what's a fine young man like you doing here in our town?," asked the bartender.

"Traveling," Jack answered back.

"I see. Got a place to stay for the night? I can put you up here if you want." he cleaned another glass.

"No thank you, I am heading to the inn."

"Inn? What inn?"

"The CDF inn?"

Suddenly the bartender dropped the glass to the floor, into many pieces it shattered.

"...Uh...was it something I said?"

"Lad, a word of advise, don't go there," the bartender said, carefully picking up the remains.

"Why?"

"That place... is haunted."

"Haunted?"

"Yes. Haunted. You see, that inn was the most popular place in our town. Until a few months ago a family who was staying there said a monster almost killed them."

"What sort of monster?" Jack said, taking another sip.

"Well, from what I heard: this monster was huge. It had white hair, dripping fangs, long claws that could shred a person into pieces, and it was always hungry for human flesh."

"What about the owner of the inn. Did he tried to get rid of it?"

"Nope, he tried but somehow the monster did something to him and the workers there. They were put under a spell I think. But I heard people go in but never come out."

"I see," said Jack as he finished up the last drop of water in his glass, then he got up to leave.

"Hey, your not thinking of going there are you?" asked the bartender nervously to Jack.

"If I must then I shall," said Jack as he placed a few coins on the bar and left.

"Alright, it's your funeral, man."

Jack said nothing and left the tavern to the inn.
---------------------------------
A few minutes later, he made it to the gates of the inn and looked around. He saw a bell hung with a rope tied to it. Jack grabbed the rope and pulled. The bell rang a few times, nothing happened, Jack rang again, nothing. He was about to give up when he heard a voice.

"I'm coming, hold on," said a voice.

The front gate opened, Jack couldn't tell who was on the other side.

"Yes what is it?" said a young man's voice.

"I wish to stay here for the night." said Jack.

The door went shut and Jack heard other voices in the background. He leaned closer to hear what they were saying.

"What is it?" said one voice.

"It's a customer." said the young man.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, hurry. Tell the others right away."

"Ok."

The doors opened again but more wider this time. Jack pulled back as he came face to face with a young man in his mid-20's, with short brown hair, wearing the same type of ghi as Jack's but his was blue with dark blue trimmings.

"I'm sorry sir. Please, come in," said the young man as he bowed to him and led him in.

Jack entered and the gates shut behind him.

"My name is Albright," he said "And welcome to the CDF inn."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment