Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Poor Us

Just a short Xellos/Filia fic.

Chapter 1 - Poor Us

Chapter 1 - Poor Us
POOR US

Xellos casually walked away from the bludgeoned bodies, a sweet stench of blood and sweat filled the atmosphere. Such carnage was typical among humans. Mazoku too, though their motives were always more intelligent Xellos decided. Humans with their petty emotions just had to constantly conflict with another, resulting in much humor and delight for the Mazoku race.

His latest mission had been to create a war between two kingdoms of interest. For what purpose he did not know, he just knew Beastmaster Xellas had ordered as such, which was good enough for him.

“Now that I am done, perhaps I should return to Beastmaster and report…” he said allowed, wonderingly. “Though it would be nice to grab a cup of tea after all my hard work this month.”


“Namagomi!” Shrieked Filia, almost dropping the plate in her hand. Carefully she placed it on the counter, and reached for the mace concealed under her skirts.

Xellos smiled, as always, noting Jillas and Gravos were not at the shop this day. “And hello to you too dear Filia, long time no see!”

Filia held out her mace menacingly, glaring in rage. Xellos didn’t understand why she was particularly angry, but he did know it tasted delicious.

“Where have you been this past month?!” She exclaimed.

Xellos raised an eyebrow and blushed. “My, my, you missed me, huh?” He rubbed the back of his neck, smirking. “So you do care…”

Cold steel came crashing down over his head. “Idiot demon!” Filia took a seat near the counter, folding her arms, glaring, as she watched Xellos rearrange himself. “Of course I didn’t miss you!” Her eyes and voice lowered. “Val did.”

Xellos grabbed a seat out of thin air and sat near her, crossing one leg over. “Infants have the capacity to miss people?”

Filia set out tea for them on a small table she usually used for molding clay. “Of course. He sadly thinks of you as a father. Poor Val…”

“Poor Filia,” Xellos took a sip of his tea, enjoying it. No one made tea quite like Filia.

“Poor Filia?” She echoed, sipping from her cup, setting down the cup.

He nodded. “Ah, just as Val thinks of me as a father, Filia thinks of me as a husband.”

Filia gasped, drawing back. “How dare you make such accusations?!” The mace appeared once more in her hand, reading to strike. As it came crashing toward Xellos, he ducked this time, Filia falling face first on the floor beside him.

Xellos sipped his tea casually as if nothing has happened. The Dragon pulled herself up, panting in rage. She was outraged and prepared to show him the full extent of her anger. Knowing what she’d attempt, Xellos grabbed her by the waste and whirled her onto his lap, continuing to sip tea. “My dear Filia, transforming would not be in your best interest.”

Filia let out a disgruntled sigh; of course the Mazoku was right, as always. The townspeople could accept she was a Dragon; however, her destructive rages may not go down well in their favor. She felt her rage subside as a gloved hand caressed her neck.

“Poor Xellos,” sighed the Lesser Beast, setting down his cup, placing his now free hand around Filia’s waste, leaning her closer to him.

Blinking, slightly blushing, she allowed him to lean her closer. “Poor…Xellos?”

“Poor Xellos, thinking of such a selfish, violent Dragon as a wife.”

Filia closed her eyes. “Poor us.”


Author: Kawaii Amethist

Neh, not the most dramatic or original of short stories, but at least it kept me busy until I had to go out to catch the train. :P

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Monkey-Alien on September 17, 2003, 12:28:36 AM

Monkey-Alien on
Monkey-AlienI think it's cute!!