Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Slayers SEEK: A New Generation Of Trouble

A new generation of Slayers have emerged - and maybe even MORE insane than their parents! ^o^

Chapter 1 - Slayers SEEK: A New Generation Of Trouble

Chapter 1 - Slayers SEEK: A New Generation Of Trouble
Slayers Seek

Five shadows trudge through the thick forest, tired, but cheerful from a picnic in the valley. The twin girls marvel at the fluttering butterflies come to greet them; the parents smile at them, rested in each other’s arms; while their son sourly follows behind. Suddenly…

“DRAGON SLAVE!”

They return to their quaint, but sweet little cottage home, to find it charred, along with the forest surrounding it. The girls and their mother wail at the sight, while the fellows stare in disbelief.

“Zangy, who could have done this to our beautiful home?” weeps Martina, biting down on her handkerchief.

Zinothy, the son, folds his arms nonchalantly, “I’m not sure if this means anything, but I think I heard something like ‘Dragon Slave’ shouted out before that explosion. Wonder what it means…”

His father, Zangulus, strikes into a dramatic rage pose.

Zinothy sighs, “Cue the melodrama.”

“After all these years, Lina Inverse and her fool of a swordsman have returned to terrorise us! Now is the time for the Demonic Howling Sword to smite those unholy creeps off the face of L-Sama’s creation!!!”

~@@@~

On the edge of the forest, stand two toddlers, and a young teenaged boy. Gavin looks down at them, giving them a them a seal of approval. “Nice, that would have caused some ace destruction.”

Gavin places a hand on his little brother’s head. “See that Rowdy? Lyla just did her first Dragon Slave! Good work kiddo, I knew you had it in you.”

“Big brother Gavin, I wanna be as powerful and scary as Mama when I grow up! I do!”

Gavin laughs, taking their hands, “OK you two terrors, back to town. Mom’s gonna win us lunch!”

~@@@~

A long banner flaps in the wind, reading: PETE’S EAT-A-THON.

Pete, a grinning, chubby chef waves to a gathered crowd on a stage under the banner. “To celebrate the opening of my new restaurant, I welcome you to Pete’s Eat-A-Thon contest!”

The crowd cheers.

“This fine fellows is a battle of courage, a battle of wits…but mostly not spewing.” Pete steps back, spreading his arm wide, presenting the contestants. “One of these fine contestants will win a family feast, let’s wish them luck!”

As the crowd cheers, a beautiful red head by the name of Lina Inverse-Gabriev blows a kiss cheekily.

Gavin, Lyla and Rowdy step into the crowd. Gavin waves his hand with a smile, “Luck to ya guys – you’ll need it!” They join the rest of their family, who are eagerly awaiting Lina’s assured victory. Let’s meet the Gabriev’s –

Gregory (12) craftily dangles a fake smile in front of his sister, Mina. Gregory’s favourite past time is playing tricks, and he’s never seen without his stylish beret.

Gavin (13) who is tall, wise, and cool, sees what Gavin is doing, and sourly raises his fist to smack him.

Mina (6) the brain of her family, hungrily holds her bowl, is unaware of the spider dangling near her.

Cute little Lyla (3) bounces up and down, energetic for her next meal.

Rowdy (2) waves his spoon and fork, not sure what’s going on, but happy to imitate the rest around him.

Amelia (5) bites onto her plate, barking like a dog. On her head is a headband with floppy puppy ears – she really loves doggies.

Garry (9) snoozes beside her, deep in sleep as always.

Meekly, Rourry (8) adorned in thick armour, stands behind them, trying to not draw attention to himself.

Gourry Junior (15) dramatically holds out his fork, and raises his spoon, growling as if in battle.

Tina (14) dances around, juggling her knife and fork, her long crimson pony-tail flowing around her.

Claire (10) innocent as an angel, quietly holds onto a basket, happy at the energy displayed by her family.

Their father, Gourry Gabriev, a brave mercenary, with unmatched sword skills, and not so sharp mind, struggles to contain his hunger. “Hurry up and win Lina, the kids are getting restless!”

“Hey, where did big sister Leila, go?” wonders Claire, “She’ll miss Mama.”

~@@@~

A few blocks away there is a quiet shop named ‘Maces and Vases’. A tall, long blonde haired girl picks up a vase, enjoying its sparkle. Two eyes behind the counter spy her intently.

Two brothers spring up from behind the counter. The eldest blushes at the site of her, clinging to the counter, breath taken away. His young brother pulls a piece of his long golden fringe behind his ear, amused by his brother.

The teenaged girl turns to them, beaming a smile, “Val…Xian! It’s so wonderful to see you two!” Meet Leila Gabriev (16) an elegant beauty who looks remarkably like her father.

Val’s (18) heart beats rapidly, he sighs to himself, “You haven’t changed a bit, still as lovely as ever…”

Xian (15) rests his chin on his hands, eyeing Val, “Easy there Tiger, ‘don’t want to wet yourself again – I hope.” Xian turns his attention to Leila, “Ahem, so what brings you here, Miss Gabriev?”

Leila puts down the vase, and leans against the counter, rubbing the back of her head, “Um…got any food or spare change? I’m so hungry!”

Val pants like a puppy, drooling. Xian grumbles, leaning over the counter, “Yeah, she hasn’t changed, still a mooching pick-pocket.”

Leila lays her finger index to her cheek, “Where is Flora? I’d love to see her before Zelly’s party.”

“Oh, she’s toiling away on the princess’s birthday present,” replies Val, pointing to the corner of the shop, where a sheet is strung across.

“Sew, sew, sew!” sings a high-pitched girl, “Gotta sew it good – er – I mean bad!”

She sits in the shadows of the corner, stitching together a plush doll. Light suddenly floods the area. “Flora?”

Flora (15) gasps in surprise. Her shoulder-length amethyst locks swish around, as her small pigtails stand on end. “Leila, you threw off my beat! That’s so mean!” Flora pouts. “Here I am trying to sew the most coolest and practical gift any teenaged girl could want and need…” Flora begins to sniffle.

“No – it can’t be…” gasps Leila in horror, “So…what are you making?”

“Tee-hee!” Giggles Flora, holding up seven plush dolls, “Voodoo plushies of her entire family!”

Leila scratches her head in confusion, “Looking forward to Zelicia’s party? All that food…”

“Of course!” Giggles Flora, “I can’t wait to see everyone again, the royal family are always so much fun!”

“Yes, I’m sure I know who Flora’s looking forward to,” snidely snickers Val to Xian.

Xian smirks, “Indeed, her BOYFRIEND Prince Amaron! Get ready for turn down #476 – “

Flora appears in front of them, wielding a large mace fiercely, “Want me to test Uncle Gravos’s new mace?!”

Xian and Val sweat, pulling frightened smiles.

Watching the fun, Leila laughs, “So, where are your parents?”

Flora winks, wiggling her index finger, “That is a secret.”

“Father does it better,” maliciously grins Xian.

Flora scrunches up her nose, “Hey, I’m working on it!”

~@@@~

In the busy shopping district of town, the owner of Maces and Vases, Filia Metallium, lifts up a shimmery necklace, admiring the jewels. “Oh, this is just beautiful!”

She notices her husband, holding their six-month-old baby Dragon, Xala, on the other side of the street. Filia appears behind him, to see what he’s looking at. “Er, Xellos, what are you looking at?”

Xellos cheerfully points to an eerie skull’s head holding a red candle on its crown. “What every girl needs, a real skull candle holder with a matching blood blended candle!”

Filia pushes away, glaring at the grinning man, “I am going to continue looking for a gift – and so are YOU.”

Xellos darkly grins, as his wife walks away, “Whatever my scaled beauty says…”

~@@@~

Filia trots down the street, enjoying the warmth of the sun.

“PAY UP YOU LOUSY BUM!” Comes a yell.

Filia’s pointed ears tweak. “That sounds just like – “ She joins a nearby crowd, who can’t believe the scene.

Lina shoves the rules sheet in front of Pete’s chubby face, “Your rules state the winner and their family get an all you can eat service!”

Pete defensively holds up his hands, on the verge of tears, “Ma’am…I didn’t count on the winner’s family being so large! I’d go out of business!”

Drawing back, Lina sweetly raises her index finger, “If that’s how you put it it…”

Pete’s eyes light up.

“Dil brand!”

Pete weeps bitter tears, watching his beloved new restaurant go up in flames.

“Mess with Lina Inverse-Gabriev’s family and always be prepared for annihilation!” Declares Lina, striking a pose. “Darn it, how am I supposed to feed them now?”

Filia closes in on her, fanged bore in rage, “Senseless vandalation – in my hometown too!”

Lina politely, but agitatedly grins, turning to see her old friend’s face, “Oh, his Filia, long time no see. Hang on, tell me Fi-chan; care to catch up…over lunch?”

Filia steps back, to see her whole family, she bites her nails in horror. “All…of…you…But…but…!”

~@@@~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment