Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Meagan Brakefield

What if Rachel, Peter's love, is missing? Would Peter take the risk to find her? Would he sacrifice his life for Rachel?

Chapter 2 - Meagan Brakefield

Chapter 2 - Meagan Brakefield
“We are getting closer . .. once you find her and capture her . . . we’ll need to think of a way to capture the others so she’ll cooperate.”

Suddenly someone shook me wake.
“Are you alright?”
“Huh?”
I opened my eyes and saw Lucy and Peter hovering over me. I looked around and found that I was laying in my bed, in my huge chamber at Cair Paravel.
“How . . . how did I get here?”
“Well, you changed into your normal self and then passed out a few miles away from reaching Cair Paravel . . . .” Peter began to say.
“Peter carried you the rest of the way.” Lucy finished.
Peter glared at Lucy as if she just told me one of his secrets.
“How’s the girl?” I asked.
“She’s doing fine . . . in fact she’s in the guest room, talking with Ed.” Peter said,” This is the second time you have been knocked out cold . . . What’s going on?” He looked into my eyes and gave the look of concern that made my heart pound.
“Have you found out her name?” I said quickly changing the subject.
“Yes . . . it’s Meagan Brakefield. Please try not to change the subject.”
“Let me guess . . . she’s about fourteen years old?” I asked directing the question to Lucy.
“Yeah . . . how did you know?” She asked amazed.
“Lucky guess, I guess.” I said innocently shrugging my shoulders.
“Well, she wants to meet you . . .”
“Me? Why me?”
“Well, after she woke up,we introduced ourselves and asked how she came to Narnia.”
“What did she say?” I asked, now interested.
“She said that she was looking at a picture of a forest . . . and then the picture came to life. When she found herself in Narnia, she began to get scared and began running around searching for the picture frame. She was so tired after running around for hours and panicking, that she collapsed on the ground. She said that right before she fell asleep, she saw a white stag watching her.”
“That was the stag we were chasing. I bet it was showing us where Meagan was sleeping.”
“After she shared her story, we thought it was only fair that she heard ours. We told her about Narnia and how we are King and Queens’ of it.We also told her about how you and Ed saved and how she got here—“
“Saved her . . . . from what?” I asked, now confused.
“Edmund said that when he came across her there were a few dark dwarves trying to drag her off. As soon as you yelled, they ran off . . .” Peter said.
“Dark Dwarves?” I asked.
“You don’t think that . .. she might be the one they are after . . . do you? After all . . . Ed might begin to like her . . . she might be the soon-to-be-Queen.” Lucy said gasping at the thought.
“She’s right. . . that’s possible . . . only I had another vision. The voice said to “capture the other so she will cooperate” . . . do you think she is that close to us?” I asked.
“Maybe not to us .. . but to Ed, she’s already pretty comfortable with.” Peter said,” Now, the visions . . . are they the reason you keep passing out?”
“Yes . . . I-I think they are a warning.”
Lucy leaned over and began to whisper into my ear.
“Meagan already told me she thinks that Edmund is cute.”
“Wow. She’s a forward little thing, isn’t she?”
“Come on . . . you have to meet her!” Lucy said excitedly.
“Alright, alright . . .”
Lucy grabbed my hand and jerked me out of bed and dragged me down the hall and into he guest room.
“Meagan, this is Rachel.Rachel, this is Meagan.” Lucy said introducing us.
Big innocent blue eyes looked up at me. She was so adorable! I loved her immediately, as I did Lucy.
“Hullo!” I said smiling.
“Oh! You have an awesome British accent too! This is so cool!” Meagan said excitedly.
“Where are you from?” I asked, almost giggling at her accent.
“Well . . . I’m from Montana, in the U.S”
“Oh . . . I’m from London and . . . they are from Finchley.”
“Um . . .”
“Oh . . . England . . . We’re all from England.”
“Oh . . gottcha!” She winked.
“D-Do you want a tour of Cair Paravel?” I asked.
“Why yes . . . that would be cool!” She said excitedly.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment