Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Fire

What if Rachel, Peter's love, is missing? Would Peter take the risk to find her? Would he sacrifice his life for Rachel?

Chapter 4 - The Fire

Chapter 4 - The Fire
Chapter 4

The Fire


Peter led us through my room, down the hall, down some stairs and into the Great Hall. Oreius came out of no where and he was short of breath. He stopped in front of me and bowed.
Rachel, there is a fire . . . it was not caused naturally . . . someone started it, but I dont know who . . . but its heading this way at an extraordinary pace.
I let everyone call me Rachel, they dont have to call me your majesty or your highness I just feel better if everyone calls me Rachel.
How far away is it? I asked in my serious tone.
I only get into this tone when duty calls. I am the Royal Guardian and I must protect the royal, even though I would do it any way.
Fifty kilometers, west.
Alright . . . guys stay here . . .
I turned into the gryphon morph, that I only know too well. Oreius ran down the stairs that led off the balcony. I jumped onto the railing and then turned to look back at everyone.
Ill be back, dont worry. While Im gone entertain yourselves.
Peter smiled at me. I turned around and jumped off of the balcony and spread open my wings. I was soon heading towards the smoke. I saw Oreius underneath the canopy of trees, following me. I did a twist in the air and dove into the forest. I quickly landed on the ground and turned into my centaur morph. I inhaled a lot of smoke, and began to cough.
Are you alright! Oreius yelled over the roar of the fire.
I coughed a bit more and my eyes began to water.
Im fine!
I evaporated the fire into my hands. Even though the smoke remained, the fire disappeared. I lifted my hands toward the burnt trees and shrubs. As I lifted my hands towards the sky, new trees and shrub began to grow. I continued lifting my hands higher into the air until the trees and shrubs were fully restored. I was still breathing in smoke. My lungs felt as if they were collapsing. I waved my hands and a gust of wind came and blew the smoke away. I began to fall to the ground again.
A huge dark green dragon was walking towards a huge cave at the base of a mountain.
The fire didnt last as long as I planned. I was hoping it would be a distraction and a challenge . . . I suppose I underestimated a little too much.
A few dwarves came out of the cave and escorted the dragon into the cave.
What now, Seifer? One dwarf asked.
Just wait. The opportunity will not pass by us this time.
Rachel, Are you alright? Oreius asked.
Uhn . . 
Do I need to get the High King?
No . . no . . that wont be necessary . . . 
Would you like some assistance? He asked as I stood up.
No. Thank you, though.
Still in my centaur morph, I turned back towards Cair Paravel.
Thank you for telling me about the fire.
You are welcome.
Lets hurry and get back. Peter is going to want to know whats going on . . .
You know who started the fire?
Yes.
I reared up and then took off running with Oreius right behind me. I would have been at Cair Paravel a long time ago if I was in my gryphon morph. But running with Oreius is always fun too. I mean honestly, how many times do you get to run with a centaur?
Did you know that King Peter . . . . talks about you . . . all the time? He said as he dodged a few trees.
No, I didnt . . . . What does he say about me?
Im not supposed to tell but, he says when he cant sleep, he sneaks into your chamber. He says that he can always sense when you are not asleep. He says that when he sees you out on your balcony, he could weep at the sight of your beauty.
He sure has been more . . . . loving lately . . .
Oreius gave me a confused expression.
Hes been showing me more affection than normal.
Why do you think that?
I dont know . . . . just . . . somethings up . . . 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment