Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Love That’s Not Really There

What if Rachel, Peter's love, is missing? Would Peter take the risk to find her? Would he sacrifice his life for Rachel?

Chapter 5 - The Love That’s Not Really There

Chapter 5 - The Love That’s Not Really There
Chapter Five

The Love Thats Not Really There



Soon after, we came up the steps to the Great Hall.
What happened? Peter asked as soon as he saw me.
I think were all in grave danger. I said.
Why? Susan asked.
Did you have another vision? Peter asked.
He knew my emotions better that anyone here, he could always sense it when something is up.
Yes, it has been a dragon named Seifer, who has been talking in my visions. It was Roetumah who started the fire . . .
Why? Meagan asked.
He said that he was hoping the fire would be a challenge and a distraction . . .
For who . . . or what? Asked Lucy.
Im not sure . . . but I think Meagan is who they want . . .
It was about bed time so we all were about to get ready for bed.
Alright . . . I have a plan. I think we should all sleep in one room. It will be the last thing the Dragon will expect. Edmund suggested.
But Seifer wants all of us . . . wouldnt that make his job easier? Peter asked.
We could have a few centaurs guard each room. The enemy would have a hard time choosing which room. Susan suggested.
But all they would have to do is look in the windows. Lucy said.
We could use my room . . . I could pull down the giants curtains between my bath room and the balcony. I said.
Yeah . . . that could work. Ed agreed.
Alright, lets do it. Peter said, Everyone needs to go to their room, get their blankets and pillow and close the curtains over their windows.
Everyone ran up the stairs and into their chambers and did as they were told. I opened my door and left it open. Everyone got ready for bed. I hopped into the shower and washed myself and my hair. I got out dried my self off and put on a white silk nightgown that almost dragged on the floor. I dried my hair and brushed my teeth. Everyone quickly came back, wet from their short shower and began making little beds on my fluffy rug. Peter came through my door and shut it behind him.
The guards are in position. Oreius is guarding our door. He will knock twice if anything out of the ordinary comes along.
Alright . . . this may be our schedule for the next few nights . . . there is no telling of exactly when Roetumah plans to strike. If he does, we will be a few steps in front of him. I said.
What will we do if Oreius knocks? Lucy asked fearfully.
We will escape from the balcony. Peter said, I have already told Oreius about our plans.
Do you think that was a good idea? Susan asked.
Of course it was . . . Peter has to tell Oreius everything . . . even his secrets about Rac Edmund never got to finish because Peter quickly cut him off.
Shut up Ed! Just shut up! Oreius would never tell anyone anything!
It was the first time Peter had yelled at Edmund in two years.
Come on guys. We need to stick together . . . everything is going to be alright. I comforted, We are a family . . . we have to stay that way. Now, lets get some rest.
No one said anything else. I walked over to my bed and crawled in. I untied the curtains and let them close, leaving me in complete darkness. I always have my curtain open, at least the side that is facing the door. The side that faces my fireplace is always open so I can fall asleep, but I didnt want to keep anyone else awake.
I twisted and turned trying to get in a comfortable position so I could fall asleep, but since I didnt have a fire going, I couldnt get to sleep. Tonight had a different feeling, though. I had a feeling deep down inside, that something horrible was going to happen, and this time Aslan wasnt going to be here to help. I opened my curtains and quietly got out of bed. I pushed aside the curtain that covered my window. It was only about 12:43 in the morning. Im never going to get any sleep. I closed the window curtain and began to step over everyone to get to my bathroom. I slipped between the curtains that led to the balcony and came out into the moonlight.
Hullo moon. I whispered.
I walked down to the bottom portion of the balcony and leaned against the railing, gazing upon the moons beauty.
What are you doing out here? A voice whispered.
I quickly turned around and saw Ed coming through curtains. He walked to me and leaned against the railing as well. He looked at the sea. I looked at his eyes. Maybe it was just me . . . or the moonlight, but his eyes seemed to gleam an unnatural color, they looked dark green, and his eyes are really brown.
So? What are you up to? he asked, now looking at me.
His eyes were out of the moonlight, but they still appeared dark green. Man, I must be tired.
Well . . . I cant get to sleep. I havent had much since these visions . . .
You dont look it.
Thanks.
Its true, youre always beautiful.
What?
Ed smiled down at me, he was a few inches shorter than Peter, but was still taller than me. His eyes seemed to glow, now. That worried me.
Whats the matter? He asked.
Why . . . why are you doing this?
Doing what?
He moved closer to me. I suddenly didnt feel comfortable around him. He wasnt being himself. I looked at the ground and backed away from him. I looked up at him and then stared through him, like I once did two years ago.
Peter was talking to Oreius around the corner, Edmund was eavesdropping.
I want to ask her to marry me . . . but how?
King Peter, you have already won her heart . . . maybe you shouldnt worry about it. Just wait for the moment to come naturally.
Edmund moved away from Peter and Oreius.
He hasnt quite won her heart yet. Im going to push her in the direction she should go. He whispered to himself, smiling.
Why would you want to do something like that? I asked him.
His eyes moved from mine to the curtains. Then he suddenly leaned forward and his me. I shoved him to the ground and wiped my mouth off.
What are you doing! I asked as he looked up at me, with his dark green eyes.
Edmund turned his head towards the curtains. I followed his gaze and saw Peter peeking through the curtains. Oreius had said something about Peter could somehow sense when I was awake. Oh no, Peter saw Ed kiss me!
Peter . . . its not what you think . . . Was all I could say.
^^^^^
OK I know this chapter is too cruel. But doesnt this story keep getting better and better? Chapter Six is almost done! Kebee14

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment