Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - the whole story

this was made by my friend jenny she is cool hope u like it

Chapter 1 - the whole story

Chapter 1 - the whole story


The Other World By: Jenn





Part One: The Trip





There are three of us. Alku, Trellie, and me, Mayru. We were traveling to Valia to get back to our home. We are all the same age, 17. Alku is a bit on the weird side, while Trellie and I are more mature. We had been in search of Valia for several weeks now, and very few people had given us any help. All we knew was that Valia was north of Kayta, but we had no idea where THAT was. The only reason for this was because none of us had ever really strayed that far from home. Our journey started about a month ago. Trellie, Alku and myself were creating hand-made charms in our little town when all of a sudden, the sky became very dark. We knew something was immediately wrong, because stormy weather was rare in this part of the country. While the little kids went to tell their parents of the current happening, the three of us ran ahead into the nearby field to see what was coming. Within seconds of reaching there, we were all absorbed by a bright blue light. We felt like we had been lifted into the sky, but as this happened, we all passed-out. Then we woke up in a place called Hetro( a traveling villager told us this). Ever since then, we have been searching the land to get back to our home, the town of Valia. Valia was a very beautiful place. There were flowers and trees everywhere, and the houses were very finely-crafted. The sky was always blue, the grass was always bright green. Everyone there was always happy. There was no crime, and no one ever stole anything from anyone else. They had no reason to. Our town was almost perfect. So that is why we must return there. Alku, Trellie and I are the protectors of our town, and it is our sworn duty to defend everyone there. From what you ask? From anything that is not welcome. That may sound strange, but that is all we were told. So the three of us are now traveling together to get back home. We don't know what we will find when we get there. We may not like what we see, but we have to go there. We must find out if our town survived the event that happened, or if the people faced destruction. For now, we must find where Kayta is located, so then we will know which direction to head to return to our home in Valia.





Part Two: The Map





Alku, Trellie and I soon made our way to a local town in Hetro, the town we had been transported to. This place was very populated. There were many shops and Inns along the thin streets. Some of the shops were just small markets, while others were popular cafes. As we walked into one of the stores, most of the people looked at us as if we were one of the townsfolk. Trellie found this odd, because she had suspected that when we walked into town, everyone might act a little differently around us because we were new-comers. But for this place, that was not true. Alku did not mind this at all. With everyone not paying much attention to us, she gladly acted as herself. She carefully inspected all the items in the shops we visited. Most of the items were very high priced, and all of them were crafted very well, with excellent care, it seemed. Alku repeatedly commented on each item she though was unique and special (which was mostly all of them). As we walked out of the store, Trellie shouted "look!", and she pointed to a nearby map-maker's shop. She ran into the store, and so Alku and I ran after her, knowing exactly what she would be looking for. When we caught up with Trellie in the store, she was holding a red map and 5 Zells in her hand. ( Our form of currency was "Zells", and each coin is known as 1 Zell.) Trellie had an excited expression on her face as she handed the shop-keeper the money.The three of us stood in the shop and un-rolled the map to look at it. We were shocked when we read the places pointed-out on it. In bold letters in the far corner of the map said "Kayta" . Then farther north of that was the word "Valia". And then we saw that at the bottom of the map, there was "Hetro" written in the corner. We were so delighted to see this, that Trellie and I almost jumped -up for joy, but we did not because we thought it would be better to contain our emotions in this sort of situation. Alku, however, (being her) could not keep her happiness bottled-up. She began to run around in a circle around Trellie, who was still holding the map. So I had to pull Alku away to tell her to stop. Alku immiediately apologized to Trellie, and then we started to look at the map again. After staring at the map for several minutes, Trellie said to me, "Mayru, we don't have too far to go, but this route will require quite a walk".

I replied "that's fine. What do you think, Alku?". Alku said "Whatever you guys want to do....."

As Trellie rolled-up the map to put into her pocket, she said, "I hope we don't lose this". Then, suddenly,a painter came by and asked if he could paint the three of us on the spot. We told him he could. He said that he was painting for a local news-paper edition, but we didn't think that was the case. Even so, we let him paint. First he painted me. With my pink hair, pink eyes, my red cami, a red mini-skirt, and my red-fur boots (so what if was summer? My boots were still in-style!) Then he painted Alku. She had brown hair, she wore an olive-green shirt ( with three straps on the back), a green skirt (not too long), and green boots. And she had deep brown eyes. Last, he paited Trellie. She had bright blonde hair, she wore a light and dark blue dress, which was very long. She had blue heels on. And her eyes were a light blue, with such complexity that the painter had trouble painting them (or maybe he was taking his time...). When the painter finished his work, we got a chance to see what the painting looked like. When we saw it, we felt like we were looking into a mirror. The picture looked EXACTLY like us. "This man is obviously very skilled", Alku whispered to me. "Yes", I whisered back. Then, when after a few seconds we didn't hear any input from Trellie, we looked over to see her staring at the painter. And the painter was staring right back. "Gosh, Trellie!", Alku said loudly. The painter quickly came to his senses, and so did Trellie, sort-of. As the painter said good-bye, he waved at all three of us, but it seemed he was only looking at Trellie. And so Trellie, still being in a daze, waved slowly at the painter as he walked away. She was smiling. "Trellie!", I shouted. "Snap out of it!" Alku added. "What? What are you talking about about----oh, nevermind." Trellie said. She was back to her old self, but she was still some-what disoriented from Alku and I screaming at her. Then Alku said "Are you going to fall for every guy who paints your picture?"

"No!", Trellie said, " that was the first time! Besides, that guy being a painter had nothing to do with the fact that he was really cute!" Trellie then started blushing. "Oh sure, " I said, " Then what about that time in the art shop when"----( Trellie cut me off ) "I told you not to mention that!" she said with embarassment. Then Alku said, "Let's get going, we have to be leaving this town before we draw too much attention to ourselves." I had the feeling that Alku just wanted to change the subject. When she said this, I suddenly started to think about the painter. I thought about what he looked like, and what he was wearing. He wore a black shirt ( so last year!), and dark blue jeans. He had brown shoes on (eww! Brown is so bland!). He had brown hair, and brown eyes. I believe that I then understood what Trellie saw in him..........Alku tapped me, and said "Let's get going". Trellie was window-shopping as we made our way down the street. She was causing us to walk slower, only because each time she saw something she liked, she stopped walking all together. Alku and I got a little frustrated with this, but we didn't say anything because we thought maybe Trellie needed some alone time, which she got most of the time when she was shopping. When we reached the end of the fifth street we walked through, we could already see the edge of the town. Where all the buildings suddenly were not there, and there were no more roads, or people. When we re-grouped, Trellie checked the map, and we concluded that we were heading in the right direction. Then we started walking to the edge of Hetro.





Part Three: The Fire Within Caveu





Before long, Alku, Trellie and I had reached another town. This place was located in the middle of the desert. As we entered the nearest shop, some of the people there didn't look very friendly. In other words, they looked like they wanted to beat us up...Alku and Trellie and I tried to ignore them, but it was kind-of hard not to notice their cold, blank stares. We asked the shop-keeper what the name of the town we were at was. He kindly told us that we were in the town of Caveu. Then he smiled at us. Alku, Trellie and I agreed that this man seemed the kindest of everyone in the store. As the three of us quickly left the shop, we noticed that along the roads were torches. But they were not lit-up. It was getting later in the day, so we wondered why they were not aflame. Once again, people on the street looked at us unkindly. Alku whispered to Trellie " I'm gonna tackle the next person who looks at me the wrong way!" Then she started looking back at the people to see if they were looking at her. "No", Trellie said "it's best if we don't make a scene". "I agree", I told Trellie. "Let's check the map then", Alku said. Trellie looked at the map, and said that we should keep heading north. Then we started walking again. As we walked by a big group of people, they all stared directly at Alku, as if they knew about her previous threat, and they were teasing her about it. Alku lost it. ( that's her.)

She grew really mad at the group, and with her fists clenched, she began to make a really low-pitched growl from her throat. Her eyes turned a dull red color. Just then, all the torches lit-up. The group of people, now no longer staring at Alku, ran away as quick as they could. "I guess they just couldn't take the heat", Alku said smartly, knowing what she had done. "Your not supposed to use your power unless there is an emergency!", Trellie said with concern. "Well it's too late to tell her that now", I said. Alku started walking, as if nothing had happened. We walked along too, knowing that it would be better if we paid no mind to what Alku had done.





Part Four: Memories





As we kept traveling north, the three of us stayed silent. No one spoke a word. We knew what each other was thinking, so we had no reason to talk. No we aren't telepaths, we just know each other very well. After all, we've been best friends for as long as we can remember. As we walked, Trellie and I would occasionally look over at Alku to see if she had a guilty look on her face, but that never happened. About an hour into the walk, Alku broke the silence. "Why didn't you do anything?". She looked kind -of mad. "We didn't use our powers because we're not supposed to!", Trellie said loudly. But it didn't matter because no one could hear us anyway. "So what!" Alku said. "It's not like I caused anyone any harm, and I certainly didn't ruin anything." Alku crossed her arms. Trellie said "that's not the point, did you forget our duty? Our responsibility?" "No", Alku said. We then all started thinking about who we were, and memories came back to us. I thought about what the elders in my town had once told us: "You are the protectors of our home. You must not ever let your guard down to your duty, or else destruction is certain. Our people depend on you, they trust you...." At the time, I didn't understand this, since when they told us, the three of us were only 6 years old. At that time, we could hardly control our power. Alku, Trellie and I were gifted with a powerful strength. Alku was gifted with the power of fire (as you probably figured out), Trellie had the power of water, and I had the power of all the elements---wind, water, fire, and earth. We were told only to use our power to protect Valia from danger. So we hardly used our power. (Though Alku sometimes used her power without thinking over her split-second descision.) Trellie and Alku were thinking the same thing as I was. I am the leader of our group (we had a vote) so I make most of the important descisions. Trellie is best with navigation. That's why we let her guide with the map. And Alku is best with.....................I don't know exactly what, but she's still important.

As we were thinking, Trellie spoke up, "we're getting close to the next town, but the map doesn't say the name." "That's fine", Alku said "we can rest there for the night. My feet are getting tired..." *** We soon arrived in the town, which we learned was called Nartalla. The people at an Inn we passed-by let us stay there for the night. They only charged 10 Zells. When we were situated in our rooms, we quickly fell asleep, soon to be dreaming about reaching Valia.





Part Five: The Army





We left Nartalla the next day. Trellie announced we were very close to Kayta. Alku was suprised, she didn't think we were that close. This time, there was a road that lead to the next town. I was happy about that, and so was Trellie. The two of us had been constantly cleaning our shoes off from the desert sand. We kept walking along the road to Kayta, but as we did, we talked about all sorts of things, just for the sake of containing our excitement. Though as we did, Alku and I could tell that Trellie was STILL thinking about the painter. We left her alone this time, for maybe we were starting to fall for him, too............( Though we never got his name).

About 1/2 an hour into the walk, we reached the town of Kayta. There were many, many people there, and there were tons of shops all lined-up neatly along the main road. The buildings were mostly the same colors; grays, browns, and blacks. However, the streets were bright green. Everyone there greeted us with either a smile or a wave as we walked by. And so we waved and smiled back. Trellie suspected that maybe some of the people had heard of us, and they told their friends or something, until everyone knew about us. Alku found the attention quite flattering. Trellie soon started asking people if they knew anything about what happened in Valia. Everyone she asked told her they knew nothing. That was strange, but we trusted them. When a local heard about what Trellie was asking, he walked right over to us with a worried look on his face. He told us that there was an army heading for Valia! He said that the army was not very big, but the people in it were really strong. He also said that there was a rumor about WHY the army headed for Valia when they did: they had heard that WE were out of town! When Trellie heard this, she started running for the edge of the town. When she got there, we caught-up with her. From where we were at, we could see the army, heading straight for Valia, as the man had said. Trellie quickly went to find a faster way of transportation. We knew that if we walked to Valia, we'd never make our way to the front of the army, and beat them there. Trellie came back with 3 air-gliders in her hands. She must have bought them in the "Aireus Shoppe" we saw. It was a good thing that it wasn't super windy, or else we wouldn't of had much luck flying straight.

We were atleast flying at 50 MPH, so we were right above the front of the army in no time at all.

When we saw the front lines, we landed. We were right in the wake of a whole army, ready to fight, and defend our home..................





Part Six: The Battle





Within an hour Trellie, Alku and I had the whole army gone. The people we attacked were passed-out. And some of the other people we didn't attack just got scared and ran away when they saw us. Trellie carried away soldiers with giant waves, Alku threw them back with walls of fire, and I tossed most of the fighters away by throwing trees and big rocks at them. We also did other things to attack them, but those things we did most often. When everything was calm, we stood in silence, and we were proud of ourselves. We knew that we had done our job. We protected our home, and the people living there. All that was left to do, was make sure that the blue light we saw didn't cause any damage or harm to our little town. Alku tried to act positive by saying she was sure that our town was okay, but Trellie and I were not so sure. We were still worried. It's not that we were frightened by the blue light itself, but it was just that we were not sure what kind of destruction it might bring, or even if it would bring any destruction at all. So we began our short walk to Valia. We were only about 2 miles away from it. Somehow, Trellie mananged to pull out a hair brush and some hair spray. So all three of us fixed-up our hair alittle. It was odd how it was only our hair that got messed-up, while our clothes were not ruined in any way. We had to clean-up alittle so we'd look good when we got home. But It's not like we had to. Our people would probably be expecting us to look like we'd been through something terrible. We didn't want to look bad when we told them all of what we had done. That is, if the people were still there....One thing puzzled us: why had the army attacked? We were sure those people had other things to do besides attack a small town like ours. Did someone else send them after us? Or had they come on their own? Since the whole army was now gone, we would never find out. But maybe that didn't really matter. We had been away from home for a long time ( atleast it seemed like) so our main focus was to get there as fast as we could. After a few minutes of catching our breath and walking, the three of us pulled-out our gliders and started flying.







Part Seven: Returning Home







Trellie pulled-out the map as we were flying. She looked at it thoughtfully and put it back in her pocket. Then Alku said "I'm glad we're going home." Trellie added, "yes, it seemed like we were in a whole other world when we were transported..." .she looked ahead without looking at Alku or I. "Maybe so..." I whispered so they could hardly hear me. *** As we reached the gates of Valia, we noticed that many people were still there. Our eyes lit-up with happiness. As we flew over the gates, the people looked up and waved at us. When we landed, practically everyone in the town came rushing to say hello. They all seemed so happy to see us. In the commotion, we somehow noticed that all the buildings and homes were undamaged. This is wonderful, I thought to myself. Trellie and Alku seemed happy to be back home, too. We were within our beautiful blue sky, the bright green grass, and our loving people. "Nothing could make this day better", Trellie said to me. Then everyone quieted down. They wanted to hear our story. The people of our town knew that we were gone, and so they now expected to hear of what happened. We sure had a story for them! We told them of how we were taken away from home, how we traveled from town to town, how we defeated the army, and other things as well. After we had told everyone of our adventure, we told them of the painter. As soon as Alku mentioned him, Trellie blushed. She normally would have objected to Alku telling anyone about that kind of thing, but at that time, she was willing to make an exception. When our story came to an end, Alku, Trellie and I split up and went home. We were really tired from our trip, so we decided to just hit the hay. For once, we drempt about completely different things ( that was strange for us). I drempt about the map-maker shop, Alku drempt about the rude people in Caveu, and Trellie drempt about the painter. ( That is so like her...) The three of us - Trellie, Alku, and I, Mayru were the town's heroes. We were proud, and happy that we were now home again. And we will never forget when our devotion to the protection of Valia was tested. We will never forget....





The End

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment