Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Steel Snow

When I read this part of Kare Kano I freaking CRIED. This should be made into an anime of it's own, seriously.

Chapter 1 - Steel Snow

Chapter 1 - Steel Snow
SteelSnow
In the mangaseries “Kare Kano,” there’s a short story called “Steel Snow” that takes placein the far future. It was done in a play, and there were only three actors:Maho as Neo Model, Tsubasa as Antique, Rosemary, and Mei, and Yukino as Ren Crawford.
 
Ren Crawford isa brilliant scientist who invented the first line of humanoid robots, or androids. His first model, Antique, is the designof a young girl. Ren lives far from Earth, trying to escape a painful past. Hesleeps cryogenically for many years at a time.
     One day, after an 80 year sleep, the mostadvanced of Ren’s androids, Neo Model, comes to his home. She wishes to learnmore about the creator of the androids, and in the meantime helps Ren with hiswork. In turn, Ren studies the incredibly evolved model with interest. NeoModel becomes jealous of Ren’s beloved android Antique, but when the little oneis damaged, she is quick to repair her. Neo Model questions Ren's past, andfinally he gives in and tells her everything.
     When Ren was a boy, he had a below averageIQ and was very poor. One day, while being teased by older children, a girlnamed Rosemary helped him. They stayed together for a couple years, but Rosebecame bitter and worldly, and ended up laughing at him like everyone else. Shestumbled into Ren's home years later, handed him her baby girl, and died.Although he wasn’t her real father, Ren adored little Mei, and raised her well.Unfortunately, he was so afraid of losing her too, that he became violentlypossessive. One day, when her boyfriend came over, Ren picked up an axe andtried to kill him. Mei jumped in the way, getting hit in the stomach andbecoming crippled. In his unstable state, Ren was happy that she couldn’t leavehim anymore, but Mei died soon after from her wound. Ren was devastated, andjumped from a tall cliff. He awoke later as if nothing had happened. After muchtesting, he discovered that somehow, after striking his head on the rocks, hisIQ had jumped to well over 180. He began creating androids, beginning with hisfirst, a duplicate of Mei, Antique.
     Ren finishes his story and says he doesn’twant anything to do with Earth. Neo Model then reveals that a huge war brokeout on Earth years earlier, and the factories that produced his androids weregone. Chaos erupted when people found that they didn’t know how to thrivewithout androids. Neo had wanted to ask Ren to come help. After Neo Modelreveals she loves him, and promises that she will never leave him, he decidesto take responsibility for the disaster. Together, Neo Model, Ren, and Antiqueset off for Earth.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment