Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Singer. Pt. 1

Descripted events of my life that had insightful value that I felt was appropriate to share.

Chapter 1 - The Singer. Pt. 1

Chapter 1 - The Singer. Pt. 1
I've got 3 generally great friends whom I love and care about a lot. We're in a band together and obviously all are musicians. I moved to Massachusetts from Illinois to live with my dad and the Guitarist and Drummer were the first two people I met. We all loved the same music and had many mutual feelings and what not, but after months of all that self-explantory stuff. We couldn't find a singer and we resorted to they internet.

I posted a thread on Ultimate-Guitar.com and surely enough a person responded, now the person was singer we love and know today. She was the only poster, and she didn't really talk to me when I tried for a month or so until my Guitarist friend somehow started chatting with her and we got her to come down and meet us. Was great, blah blah, a few weeks later my Drummer friend started dating the Singer and so far its worked out amazing for them. Real love, not just dating because they can or for sex, they're generally mature and smart people like me.

Now, until a few days ago I never thought about how me posting ONCE on a forum suddenly made such an impact on my life. That one post brought me a great friend, and that great friend caused my friend to fall in love, etc.

Now, the remarkable thing is after talking with her about the whole siutation, she most CERTAINLY would have killed herself after a while if she never met us.

Its just mindblowing to know that I saved her life while she is one of the greatest friends I've ever had even though I haven't even known her for a year even. The cause of saving her life and the aftermath of it is just incredible, I save her and then she falls in love with my friend? That's just unbelievable to me.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

QueenPaige on July 24, 2010, 3:53:59 AM

QueenPaige on
QueenPaigeThats truely amazing. You're a life saver, Jake :3

angel24 on June 3, 2010, 8:14:00 AM

angel24 on
angel24wow thats amazing, my mom met my step dad online and because she met him he helped her get out of a bad marriage with an abusive alcoholic. so i know how mindblowing something like that can be. its really amazing how something little can have such a big impact

Forestchan on June 1, 2010, 9:09:42 PM

Forestchan on
ForestchanYou did a wonderful here, Jake. =)

StormCall on June 1, 2010, 3:06:47 AM

StormCall on
StormCallYou did a great thing there. Hope everything works out for you all. ;)