Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - ROBLOX; The Children 'Brain Game'.

Unreal Tournament. A great game, but does anyone really know the characters and the story plots to it all. I don''''t think I know anyone who does. But those are the things I like to take interest in and review.

Chapter 2 - ROBLOX; The Children 'Brain Game'.

Chapter 2 - ROBLOX; The Children 'Brain Game'.
Created in 1998 and was originally called "Goblocks", until the name was changed to ROBLOX after its future updates when still in Alpha. After it changed its name to ROBLOX it created a virtual currency for the website to purchase the products on the site for your characters customization. The currency was called "ROBLOX Points" until it was changed to something more original again in 2007 after the creator and staff realised finally how lame CEO David Baszucki was at titling things. They called this "ROBUX", and beside it was another currency called "TIX". How BUX(metaphorically; bucks; dollars) and TIX(metaphorically; Tickets) have any similarities at all is above me. Though I think they've realised that the users have fell in love with it for the originallity of it, even though it is still lame.

Yes, ROBLOX the stereotypical 'kids game' where you buy hats, build anything, and its all "FREE". This is a game I'm sad to say I know too much of and though I enjoyed it in it's earlier days back in 2007; The game has completely destroyed itself from the ideal of "BUILD ANYTHING, ALL FOR FREE" and replaced it with "BUY BUILDERS CLUB, BUY STUFF WE MADE FOR YOUR CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION; ITS STILL FREE BUT PEOPLE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE GAME ANYMORE BECAUSE OF OUR EVERYDAY ADVERTISING AND FOCUS ON THE CATALOG".

The stereotypes now a days are correct, the game is infested, overloaded, and uncontrollably populated by children. People say its bad for players who are 17 to play the game, while that is not true. I will say this though; The children on ROBLOX over the years have had an effect on newer players that has spread like an infection to all players in general of the game as its population has spread from a measly 100,000 when I joined, to the 10,000,000 it is currently. This 'effect' I speak of is something I like to call, Overzealous Ignorance.

The reason being is that children are very immature, and children like to be better then everyone else. Now put 10 MILLION of them in one place and watch everything fall apart.

Typical ROBLOX users are generally young, have bad grammar, and are VERY over-confident about everything he/she does and/or makes. If said person made a model, he/she will speak of it like they made it even if they copied it just to try and look good. The goal of them is to get popular or as they refer to it as famous most of the time; thinking that popularity is great, after being mislead by common celebrities who portray this to the public constantly. Like Justin Bieber for instance. Saying, "Oh, its not for the money. I just want to make people feel better" is a typical saying that without even thinking most users have engraved in their minds. Once this goal is reached, the result is depressing to watch as the child becomes depressed usually and then threatens to quit as if he/she were killing themself. Asking and baiting for sympathy from other players but then rejecting it inevitably in the end and not caring then doing what they threatened to do from the beggining only to come back and do the opposite thing the next day AKA Lying to themselves and the public.

A very confused and unlogical state of mind that is brainwashed into them and more users everyday by the communities young mind spreading it more and more.

The game does have its own version of LUA that you can use to script with in the games you make and create tons of crazy things; and I personally feel that its going to have a HUGE impact on children's interest in Computer related job fields when they're older just because of the feature being there. TONS of children on the site try and want to learn how to script just so they can make better places just because of this game, and tons have already. The knowledge of something so much more difficult than average jobs that is actually interesting I think is a great thing and could possibly help their futures even just for something they wanted to do for a game.

Now that all is just my personal output on the community majoritingly and the users, administrative staff tactics, and general features that would concern you.

Putting most of the problems and just general facts that people try to ignore when speaking about it, the game isn't that bad. The gameplay, scripting, building, everything you do in the game is all based on your skill of it. You won't be able to just build a mansion in 20 minutes after joining, though is it possible? Of course, and that's where I keep my interest personally at. The open-side for creative thinking and original things to be made. Sandbox genre games like Little Big Planet and Minecraft are good, but in comparison to ROBLOX they really hold back what you can build and what you can't while ROBLOX makes it literally where you can build anything. The only loophole is that it has to be appropriate. Though if you were immature to where you would want to build a giant penis or something, to begin with I wouldn't want you to join the website either. Let alone influence others to do what you did.

There is one last thing to discuss however, and that is Clans & Guilds. The clans on ROBLOX are more than likely the most pointless clans you'll ever find online. The majority of the clan's "PROGRESS" is role-playing in a fight of something like 10 vs 10, you vs another clan. The fights are always unfair and they're never fully legitimate as well. If you play the game for a long time like I have since 2007, you'll join them sooner or later to get the knowledge of them and keep your interest moving. Though to be frank, I would just avoid them if you could.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Doomlord1234 on September 22, 2011, 11:55:36 PM

Doomlord1234 on
Doomlord1234lol wow. :3