Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Chapter 6

The past present and future unfolds, of ancient God-like beings; immortals that live in our world still, as told from the point of view of "Reth", brother to the current ruler of Hell.

Chapter 7 - Chapter 6

Chapter 7 - Chapter 6
12:05am, October 8, 2004

I stopped. Raised my head up from her neck and sat facing her, suddenly feeling a lot less intoxicated.

"...Excuse me?"

"Kanika"

She stared right into my eyes and I saw what I hadn't seen before. Endless ages stretching into the deep blue of their young appearance.

"Is somethinng wrong?"

She spoke it more as a statement than a question and looked instantly guarded.

"I have been... hunting you across time itself"

She sensed the sickened tone in my voice and stood up slowly

"What, are you talking about?"

I stood up quickly

"I am as old as you are, Kanika"

"I'm 20 years old! The frack are you talking about!"

I laughed

"You told me your name, why lie about the rest of it - killer. You did what I couldn't"

She was backing up now, looking almost like a slight, scared girl. But I knew better than that. The small part of my mind that told me I could be wrong was made to sit back. As she reached her hand behind her to grab the door knob, I grasped her wrist and knew then that I was right. She flung my hand off her easily, glaring through steeled eyes, and disappeared into the dark.

"NO. frack!"

So close I had been so fracking close. This is what I had been brought back to do and I wasn't about to make Luc's efforts be wasted. I plunked myself back down on the futon and lay back, arms spread and eyes closed.

Sleep came easily that night.

1:00am, October 8, 2004

My heart hadn't beat so hard in my chest since Egypt. I held my hand up to the left side of my chest, feeling the thumps against my chilled skin. I had goosebumps.

Hunting me across time. Why. I'd never seen his face in Egypt or any of the years leading up to this day.

I pulled off the thick gold bracelets I wore on each wrist and dropped them beside me on the velvety red couch I was curled up on. The sounds of my breathing echoed off the marble floor to the high ceiling. The darkness felt absolute. It was calming.

Something strong had compelled me to tell him my true name. I thought on it, staring up at the ivory moulding covered in shade. It smelled of incense and musty books in here. So perfect. The purple and gold curtains twirled around in the room as a breeze played with them. I was so unready for sleep.

He had had deep red hair and--- a symbol! Yes. He had had a Satanic symbol on the nape of his neck. That had been the sign I skipped over. So many people got tattoos that meant nothing in this era, how can one be expected to pick out the ceremonial ones?

I pulled the little gold chain on an ornate floor lamp and the little cozy area with the large soft couch flooded with a warm glow, revealing around it shelves upon shelves of books, some new some old, all interesting. I moved quickly over to the section on symbolism. I had organized these well. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I easily skimmed the spines and found one on Satanic ritualistic symbols and once sitting down on the couch it took only 10 minutes to find the one I was looking for. The four horned goat in the assignment of Aries.... Hell symbol over Aries, fire and war. Most commonly done with a mixture of blood and ink. His tattoo had had a reddish tint to it... more powerful a symbol than I had expected. He came from a lineage of dark practitioners.

Staring blankly ahead I leaped up and hunted for boots on dark lineage. I found no sect that marked with that particular symbol. Failure wasn't fun. Sitting in frustration, my ears perked up when I heard a voice

"Would you like some help with this..?"

His tone was like snakes and I turned to face him

"Who are you"

I stood, prepared to defend myself

"You research Hell yet know not its leader?"

"And does Hell's leader have a name?"

I raised an eyebrow and stepped out from behind the couch, closer to him

"Alaric"

He held out his hand and I did not take it, yet retained eye contact with his black, black eyes.

"That symbol is my family symbol. They were un-named people, destined to produce an heir to Hell when the time came. That symbol was to prove their ownership of all their children, secure them all a good place in the underworld - I bear a second symbol, that separates me from the rest of the corpses as the next leader"

He turned his back to me, unwrapping the long black silk scarf he wore about his neck. A sign of utter trust. It confused me.

His long black hair draped over his shoulder at the front and I viewed a single black rune on his neck - one main line, like a cross, with three crossing it rather than one. I knew this. It was a Christian papal symbol. The triple cross. Heaven, Earth and Hell. How interesting to twist it.

"Alright, so you and Reth are related"

"He's my annoying little brother"

I laughed to myself

"I've got an annoying little sister of sorts"

"I know"

He turned back to me.

"I'd like you to consider working for me"

He re-wrapped the scarf, gave a half smile and left.

There was no more research to be done at this time. I ascended white marble steps to my bedroom, sinking into black - fabric like Alaric's scarf.

My sleep was fitful.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment