Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Got it Memowized?

Due to an accident involving two of the castles biggest idiots, Vexen is left with a ruined potion.Upon testing it on Roxas, the newly made potion turns Roxas into a toddler! Now Axel is left with a big problem on his hands, looking after his three year o

Chapter 2 - Got it Memowized?

Chapter 2 - Got it Memowized?

Disclaimer - I do not own Kingdom hearts and never will.

Warning - Yaoi and Roxas bashes Demyx quite a bit XD poor guy, harassed by a toddler.

A/N - Glad people liked the first chapter. As for the whole Demyx for sale thing in the first chapter, This boy at my school put a sign like that on his back and walked around like that all day XD Dear lord... He made math class fun ^_^

Protecting Me

Chapter 2 : Got it Memowized

Day and night you''re by my side. Protecting me.

 

 

It was a very rare occasion when Axel saw the need for panic. Normally he had a very cool and nonchalant attitude about most things. Honestly, it would be a crime to ask Axel not to panic. Here he was, sleeping ever so innocently in a chair beside his sick friend (Who was now gone) to be rudely awakened by some strange mini version of Roxas. Yes, this wasn''t good. The Superior would have his head when he found out. Who would Xemnas blame for this catastrophe? Axel and Roxas were always together. Which means he would surely get all the blame.

Axel stood from his chair, looking down at the frustrated little boy. He just barely met Axel''s knee and his sandy blond hair was so tossled that it appeared as if he just crawled out of bed. He also seemed to be swimming in his old Organization cloak. Roxas looked up at Axel with a sour expression.

"I''m hungwey. I wanna sammich!" Roxas yelled out in an abnormally high pitched voice while holding out his arms, waiting for Axel to pick him up. Axel quickly proceeded to pick Roxas up, if for nothing else, to silence Roxas'' yelling. Boy was he wrong about that choice. Axel held Roxas out in front of him at arms length. Since he wasn''t to familiar with small children, the whole ''how to hold a little kid'' concept was pretty new. The mini version of Roxas proceeded to scream loudly.

"Too high, Lemme down!" Axel once again granted the toddlers wishes by putting him back down. Roxas latched onto one of Axel''s legs, crying lightly into the fabric. Axel made a mental note to never hold him out that far again.

"Ok, shhh, quiet." Axel leaned down to his level and tried to silence him. Axel had the misfortune of having Saix''s room on the same floor as his room. Saix was.... to put it nicely, absolutely insane. He couldn''t even count the number of times he had been wacked over the head with that psychos claymore due to too much noise. Luckily, Roxas calmed down enough to listen to what Axel had to say.

"I still wanna sammich." Roxas said a little quieter, yet still holding out his arms. Axel was willing to give is a second try. This time, he kept little Roxas'' fear of heights in mind. Instead of holding him at arms length, he kept Roxas'' small body close to his own. He let out a sigh of relief when Roxas made no further noise.

"I''ll take you to the kitchen, but you have to stay quiet. Got it memorized?" Axel pressed a finger to his own lips to further make his point. At that, Roxas began to giggle wildly, then copied Axel''s hand movement by pressing his own tiny finger against his lips. Roxas rested his head against Axel''s shoulder with one thumb stuck in his mouth. This kid was way too cute for his own good. Axel just shook his head and headed out into the labyrinth of hallways.

The hallways were still dark due partially to the lack of windows or the fact that the sun was just beginning to rise. At this time, much of the Organization was still asleep. Perhaps Xemnas was up, working on whatever the hell he works on in that office of his. Vexen might have still been in his lab, Axel swore the guy never sleeps... or comes out of that lab. Lexaeus was most likely up early in the kitchen preparing breakfast, but the stove was in a different room from the fridge so no problems there. Those who were up usually had good reason. Everyone else enjoyed the sanctuary of sleep. Which was why being quiet in the halls at this time was so crucial. Until Axel had much of this figured out, he wanted to keep little Roxas hidden from the others. Of course, Xemnas would probably notice his disappearance when he notices his star key bearer is missing.

While they were walking, Roxas reached up and grabbed a lock of Axel''s flaming red hair. Axel looked over at Roxas to see the toddlers eyes were opened wide with amazement as he gently ran his tiny fingers through Axel''s hair. Actually, it felt pretty good.

"What are you doing?" He finally asked. Roxas finally snapped out of his fascination with Axel''s hair and turned to face him.

"It''s pwetty cus it''s my favowite colow."

"Mine too." Axel smiled at Roxas as he rested his head against his shoulder once again.

Finally they made it down to the, thankfully empty, kitchen. Roxas sat down as Axel quickly prepared a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. An old time favorite of Roxas. Axel handed the sandwich off to Roxas, who still held a look of extreme displeasure on his face.

"What is it now?"

"You didn''t cut the cwust off." Roxas stubbornly pushed the sandwich away and crossed his arms.

''Different body, same stubborn Roxas.'' Axel thought to himself as he rolled his eyes, taking the sandwich back to cut off the crust. After that, Roxas happily began to munch on his sandwich. In the process, covering his hands and the table with grape jelly.

Axel was still pretty clueless about what to do. He paced the floor, talking aloud to himself.

"This is just perfect. Roxas is a... a... Who knows how old-"

"Thwee!" Roxas talked through a full mouth and held up three jelly covered fingers.

"Right.... A three year old.... Not good! How the hell did you turn three!?" At that, Roxas just shrugged. The boy honestly had no clue what the topic of discussion even was. The sandwich was much to delicious to pay attention to what some grown up said. So he just settled on smiling and nodding for now. "You don''t remember anything?" Roxas shook his head. "I got it, maybe this kid isn''t even Roxas. But he sounds..... a little like Roxas and looks..... a little like Roxas. Which means there is a fifty percent chance he is Roxas.... Ok kid, what''s your name?"

"Woxas, Duh!" He replied as if Axel were slow.

"G-r-e-a-t!" Axel threw his hands up in defeat. "There has to be someone in this castle who knows something. It would have to be someone who spends his whole nonexistent life following others around for his own enjoyment...." Axel put a finger to his chin in deep thought.

"Dem-" Roxas stopped to lick some jelly from his finger. "-yx!"

"Good idea. Come on." Axel headed out of the kitchen door with Roxas trying to toddle behind him. Of course, that became extremely difficult to do with his clothes being several sizes to big for him. Trying to run to keep up with Axel''s quick footsteps, Roxas tripped over his cloak and hit the ground roughly. Axel heard the thud and turned to see Roxas laying face down on the floor. Roxas lifted his head. His big blue eyes were wet with the beginning of what looked like another one of his crying episodes. Axel flew to his side to put a hand over his mouth. He felt a few of Roxas'' stray tears fall onto his hand clasped tightly over his mouth. Axel brushed his thumb under his eyes to wipe the remaining tears away.

"Remember, quiet." Axel whispered.

"But it huwts weally bad." Roxas whimpered, pointing to a red lump forming on his forehead. "kiss it."

"W-what?" Axel blushed slightly, clearly not expecting that. Sure, he was just a kids and it was just on the forehead, but it felt a little awkward when just yesterday he was fifteen. Just then the unwanted mental image of him leaning in to kiss the fifteen year old Roxas gently on the forehead popped up. Axel shook his head, now blushing wildly at what his own mind could come up with.

''He''s three, not fifteen Axel.... Calm down.'' Reluctantly, Axel put his pale lips against Roxas'' forehead and kissed the mark lightly. When he pulled away, Roxas was finally showing off the smile Axel knew so well.

"Feews bettew!" Roxas yelled happily and wrapped his arms around Axel''s neck.

"Shhh, Remember the deal we had?"

"Uh-huh, Got it memowized." Roxas laughed to himself wildly while Axel was trying to stifle a laugh himself. Hearing his most loved phrase being used by a three year old Roxas was to good not to laugh at. ''Damn him for being so cute.'' Axel thought.

 

----

 

The door to the melodious nocturnes darkened room slowly cracked open and two shadowy figures stepped inside. Axel set Roxas down. The toddler immediately ran for cover behind Axel''s leg. Axel hated Demyx''s room with a fiery passion (no pun intended). The walls were painted a bright blinding shade of blue with various stickers of every kind of fish imaginable plastered all over the walls. His clothes and other personal possessions were carelessly thrown all over the floor. So much that Roxas would have tripped for a second time if Axel didn''t catch him in time. In the middle of this disaster, Demyx lay in his oversized bed, surrounded by sea themed stuffed animals, snoring loudly.

"Demyx.... Demyx wake up." Axel sat on the edge of his bed. Roxas held on tightly to Axel''s pant leg and stared wide eyed at Demyx''s swirling blue lava lamp. When talking failed at rousing the sleeping man, he grabbed his shoulders ad shook him violently.

"Wha-whasgoinon!" Demyx''s eyes popped open only to see Axel glaring at him. "Oh, it''s just you Axey. Well, goodnight." And with that, he fell back onto his pillow, fast asleep.

''Damn him and his infatuation with making up nicknames!'' Axel thought. Seeing Demyx fall back down into a sound sleep made Axel scream in rage, causing a small fire to erupt on the wooden headboard.

"Ok, ok, I''m up!" Demyx quickly extinguished the fire raging on his headboard. "Oh c''mon! You always burn all my stuff Axey!" Number nine pouted as he looked at his charred headboard.

"Never mind that. I have a problem and you could help me." Axel whispered hurriedly

"Ohhhh reeeeally?" Demyx smirked mischievously. The blond stood from his bed and ran to his desk. He grabbed from it, a pair of glasses (Which he place on the bridge of his nose), a pad of paper and a pencil. Axel cocked an eyebrow suspiciously. "Now, start from the beginning. What was your childhood like?" Demyx put the pencil to the paper, ready to write.

"Well... I don''t remember much but I-" Axel stopped himself mid sentence. "Wait.... Digressing... DEMYX FOCUS!" Axel shouted, making fire rage around them once again.

"Ah-Ok, just, no more fire!"

"Listen Demyx. I need help with this." The redhead pulled Roxas out from his hiding spot behind his leg. Demyx''s eyes opened wide before he lunged and grabbed Roxas.

"Oh my Kingdom Hearts! He''s so cute!" Demyx squeezed Roxas tightly. The poor toddler was loosing oxygen fast in the death hug. "Awww, wookit his chubby wittle cheeks!" Demyx pinched Roxas'' cheeks and showered him with hugs and kisses.

All the while Roxas alternated between struggling to escape and looking at Demyx like he was completely retarded. The blue faced toddler tried to reach out for Axel.

"Monstew!.... Can''t bweath! Help!"

"Demyx! You moron, your going to kill him!" Axel ripped Roxas away from him. The three year old buried himself deep under Axel''s cloak, occasionally peeking out to glare at Demyx.

"Soooo Axel. You never told me you and Larxene had a-"

"You sick freak! This is Roxas!" Axel shuddered. No offence to Larxene, but he would never go out with, or even touch for that matter, a girl who talks to her own personal collection of knives.

"You turned Roxas into a baby!? How the hell did you manage that?"

"I didn''t do it. I came up here to ask you if you know who did." Axel prodded Roxas to come out from his new hiding spot to face a now calmer Demyx. Roxas hesitated, still clinging very tightly to Axel''s thin form.

"No clue." Demyx said as he reached over to poke Roxas'' chubby baby cheeks.

"No touchy!" Roxas batted Demyx''s hand away and turned to bury himself back into Axel''s cloak. "He twied to kill me."

"Awww, I wouldn''t hurt you little buddy. " Demyx ruffled his hair.

"I''m not wittle. I''m big wike Axey!" Roxas batted Demyx''s hand away a second time. Axel blushed lightly. He certainly had to get used to Roxas'' comments.

"Of course you are." Demyx smiled at him, then looked back up at Axel. "So, what are you going to do now?" Actually, Axel was thinking since Demyx was already here and knew about his Roxas problem, it became more of a ''we'' problem.

"I don''t know what ''we'' are going to do, but we have to think fast. The others will be up any min-"

The low sound of a bell echoed through the halls from some high up tower on the castle. The wake up bell. Xemnas one day got tired of everyone always not getting up in time, so he put in a gigantic bell that was sure to not go unheard. The sound of many footsteps, doors opening, and tired yawns followed closely after.

"Damn you Marluxia. Get out of the Bathroom!"

"You don''t need anymore hair gel Larxene!"

"Must you two start this early?"

"YES!"

"Use the downstairs bathroom for once!"

"No! Get out or so help me Petal boy, I will-"

A Door was violently slammed somewhere down the hall. Larxene and Marluxia always had raging battles over the upstairs bathroom every single morning.

"Oh shoot...." Axel threw his head back, searching every corner of his brain for some sort of an idea. Any idea!

A/N-
So what will Axel think of? Will the Superior find out about Roxas? Well, you will just have to wait for the next update to find out ^_^
This wasn''t good.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment