Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Beginning of a Disaster

Due to an accident involving two of the castles biggest idiots, Vexen is left with a ruined potion.Upon testing it on Roxas, the newly made potion turns Roxas into a toddler! Now Axel is left with a big problem on his hands, looking after his three year o

Chapter 3 - Beginning of a Disaster

Chapter 3 - Beginning of a Disaster

Disclaimer - I do not own Kingdom hearts and never will, get used to it.

Warning - More Demyx getting bashed by a toddler XD And yes, Yaoi galore

A/N - Ok all you Demyx/Zexion fans (including me) you get the action that you wanted in this chapter. Beware the awsomeness that is Zemyx! And for lack of a better chapter title, I used the last line of the story -sigh- how uncreative of me.

Protecting Me

Chapter 3 : Beginning of a Disaster

When I feel like crashing down. You seem to be around

Soon the repetitive yells of Marluxia and Larxene died down as they descended the stairs to the dining hall. Axel still paced the cluttered floors of Demyx''s room trying to think up a plan. Demyx did absolutely nothing of any use. Instead of helping Axel devise a plan, he took to trying to bribe the toddler out of his current hiding spot under the bed. Of course, after his attack, Roxas wasn''t so trusting. It would take something big to get Roxas to trust him.... Something sweet..... something like..... CHOCOLATE! Demyx ran over to his desk and pulled out a big bar of milk chocolate. He dangled it teasingly over the bed.

Roxas scampered out from under it and ran towards the sugar filled bar. As soon as he reached it, Demyx held the bar high above his head, out of the toddlers range.

"Gimme Chocowate!" Roxas crossed his arms and gave Demyx a death stare. He needed that chocolate more then anything in the world. It just looked so good.

"Demyx, would you give him the damn chocolate. Your making him mad." Axel warned him. He knew how Roxas got when things involved sugar. As a teenager, he was probably more addicted to sugar then Axel was to fire.

"Calm down Axey, I''m just playing wit-" In a fraction of a second, Roxas went from glaring to pouncing violently on Demyx. Once Demyx was successfully knocked to the ground, Roxas leaned over him and effortlessly took the chocolate from his hands.

"Thank you."

Demyx lay on the ground, just trying to make sense of what happened. He was knocked to the ground by a three year old. He blinked a few times to remove the white spots that blurred his vision. It took Demyx a few seconds to get up after getting the wind knocked out of him. Unfortunately, the first thing he saw was Axel doubled over clutching at his stomach from laughter.

"M-man, y-you just got..... owned...... By a toddler!" Axel fell backwards against the wall, trying to catch his breath. In the sense of doing anything for candy, Roxas was still very much Roxas. A tiny hand appeared in front of Demyx''s face. The melodious nocturne looked up to see Roxas offering his hand.

"You gotted me, I gotted you. So wewe fwiends now. Got it memowized?" Roxas said with a chocolaty grin. Demyx replied with a huge grin of his own.

"Look Axel, he likes me!" Axel rolled his eyes at Demyx.

"Special.... but that doesn''t fix our problem."

"Well, this is taking to long. I''m going to breakfast." Demyx stood from his spot and walked past Axel towards the door. Before Number nine could even get one foot out, Axel grabbed him by the back of his shirt and pulled him in.

"Oh no you don''t. Your helping!" Demyx let out a sigh.

"He''s pretty small you know. Maybe we should just hide him." He answered in a bored voice.

"You idiot, that plan is so-" Axel quickly considered his suggestion. He was actually expecting one of his half baked ideas that would never work in a million years. This one actually had potential. ".... Simple, it may actually work."

 

----

 

The farther down the brightened halls the trio traveled, the more ridiculous their plan started to seem, but it was the only one they had. Axel pulled out the neck of his Organization jacket to make sure Roxas was following his instructions. Roxas had both of his tiny feet on one of Axel''s feet as he clung tightly to his leg. Axel''s jacket covered up mini Roxas perfectly from the eyes of others. So now all Roxas had to do was stay there. Luckily it was pretty easy to convince him it was a new game called hide-under-Axey''s-Jacket-and-shut-up.

Soon they arrived at the door to the dinning hall. Axel turned sharply on Demyx and poked a finger at his chest.

"If anything goes wrong, you distract. Got it memorized?" Demyx put his hand to his forehead and saluted. Axel rolled his eyes. "Just try to act natural." Axel took a long deep breath before opening the door.

The others seemed to have already finished their breakfast. The long white table was cluttered with half empty plates and used napkins. Xemnas, Saix, Vexen and Xaldin sat on the far side of the table chatting quietly while the others stood on the opposite side of the room alongside the walls. Most were watching the heated argument between Marluxia and Larxene over bathroom rights.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Xigbar announced loudly, causing the others to turn their heads.

"No problems, just taking a nice long shower in the downstairs bathroom." Perfect alibi. Marluxia and Larxene were the only ones who showered before breakfast and they both used the upstairs bathroom. Larxene gave him a disbelieving sly grin.

"Oh really now. Your hairs not wet." Larxene said. She had a thing for trying to draw out lies. Just another of her sadistic little games.

"I used a little invention called the blow dryer."

"I walked past your room and the downstairs bathroom, I didn''t hear one." Axel let a low growl escape his throat as he returned her death stare. From the other side of the room, Vexen eyed Axel suspiciously. He was much more interested in what Axel was hiding then Xemnas'' latest rant on Kingdom hearts. The others caught Axel''s lie as well and immediately put him in the hot spot.

Zexion, who was leaning against the very back wall, thrust his nose into the air. He picked up the familiar scent of the key blade wielder. It wasn''t very far away either, right in that room even. As he looked around, he saw that Roxas was no where in sight.

"Axel, where is Roxas?" Zexion pushed past the others to stand directly in front of Axel. At the mention of his name, Roxas poked his head out of Axel''s jacket. Demyx saw him and used the back of his foot to push him back in before he was noticed.

"He''s in his room sleeping. He doesn''t feel to well from last night." Axel said in a cool voice. One that showed no need for suspicion. That hardly stopped Zexion. For every time Zexion took a step forward, Roxas'' scent grew stronger.

"In his room huh? Well, if that is a fact, why do I smell his scent in this room?"

"Yes Axel, enlighten us." Larxene backed Zexion. No doubt she was loving watching all of Axel''s clever lies slip right through his fingers.

"I think your nose has finally failed you Zexy." Axel tapped Zexion''s nose to further his point. "Roxas is sick. S-i-c-k. Not here!" Axel yelled at all the ones trying to break him down. It was getting harder and harder to keep his cool when so many were against him.

"My nose never fails me."

"If the little dude really is sick...." Xigbar said as he put a hand on Zexion''s shoulder to hold him back. "Then I say we pay him a visit." Before anyone could take one step towards the exit, Axel and Demyx jumped in front of them.

"Hey lookit, I haven''t eaten yet. How about we all watch me eat!" Demyx latched onto Zexion''s arm and tried to pull him away. Zexion easily detached himself and turned to Axel. The Pyro rolled his eyes. The one nobody who could help him was completely incapable of distracting.

"What are you hiding Axel?" Marluxia joined in on the antagonizing.

 

----

 

Under Axel''s cloak, Roxas wasn''t having the time of his life either. He was hot and bored. Listening to the grown ups argue was way less then amusing. This game, hide-under-Axey''s-jacket-and-shut-up, sucked. When Axel was done arguing, he would be sure to share his displeasure about Axel''s choice in games. So the solution to his boredom was simple. He decided to quit and let Axel win. He slipped out of Axel''s jacket unnoticed and began to crawl towards the table. The plain white room wasn''t all to interesting either. It was literally grown up central. Watching Axel yell at people was fun, but only for a short period of time. He turned around to observe the other nobodies on the opposite side of the room.

That''s when he saw ''it''. The most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his short non-existence. It was long, shiny and just begging to be played with. It was Xemnas'' hair.... and he would touch it if it was the last thing he did.

 

----

 

"He''s not hiding anything!" Demyx jumped to his aid. Axel slapped his own forehead. Just tell someone your not hiding something, that will get them to back off. ''Damn genius he is.'' Axel thought.

"Sure your not." Zexion took another step forward. Demyx jumped between his friend and the line of fire. Which was ironic because usually Axel was the line of fire. Finally Demyx thought of a plan to distract Zexion as well as the others. Possibly even giving Axel an escape route. It was messy, but it would definitely work.

The Melodious nocturne grabbed Zexion around the waist, pulling their bodies uncomfortably together. Before Zexion could open his mouth to protest, Demyx pressed his lips against his Superiors own. Zexion gasped at this sudden outburst, causing his lips to involuntarily part. Demyx saw this as the perfect opportunity to deepen the kiss and at the same time, he forced Zexion against the back wall.

Axel''s eyes widened in shock. At this point he had to take back what he said about Demyx not being a capable distracter. Axel shook his head at the very.... odd scene unfolding in front of him and opened his jacket to check on Roxas.

''Oh great, he''s gone!'' Axel scanned the room frantically for Roxas. Luckily the others were quite content with cheering on Demyx as he trapped the blue faced Zexion in a deep lip lock. Axel looked around the whole room for Roxas. He wasn''t under the table or behind any chairs, he was.... Heading straight for Xemnas! Roxas was making his way towards the back of the Superiors chair. Slowly, Roxas began to reach up towards Xemnas'' hair hanging behind his chair.

"Roxas no!" Axel ran and dived to try to stop him. Luck was unfortunately against him that day. Roxas grabbed a handful of Xemnas'' hair as Axel pulled him down. In the process Xemnas, along with his chair, tipped backwards onto the floor.

Demyx finally released Zexion, who promptly fell to the ground in exhaustion, once he heard the loud thud. Axel stood from the floor to pick Roxas up. He failed to notice that Roxas still had a lock of The Superiors hair in his hand. As he attempted to pull Roxas away, he pulled Xemnas along with him.

"Let go you idiot!" Xemnas yelled as Axel tried to undo Roxas'' grip. The yelling only caused him to hold tighter. Suddenly, someone took Roxas from Axel''s hands. The person began soothingly humming to him and running fingers through his hair. Axel looked up to see Larxene cradling the frightened toddler.

"You scarred him Axel." She stated in a matter of factly tone. "If you would have comforted him, he would have let go. Call it mothers instinct." Roxas buried his face into Larxene''s jacket. Axel gave her a look showing a mix of anger and jealousy towards how easily she calmed Roxas. As a matter of fact, he wanted to downright yell at her for telling him how to take care of his best friend. As soon as he opened his mouth to speak, the others were crowded around Larxene and Roxas asking fifty questions at once.

"Intriguing.... " Vexen said, knowing very well that this was the end result of his potion.

"What did you do to him Axel?"

"Is this really Roxas?"

"He''s so cute!"

Demyx ruffled Roxas'' hair. "He''s my little buddy , right Roxy?"

"Wight!"

"Aww, listen to how he talks!"

"All right all right, give him some space!" Axel said while taking Roxas from Larxene''s arms. Zexion bumped Axel''s shoulder as he walked past him.

"Told you my nose never fails me." Roxas stuck out his tongue at him, almost as if to say ''You mess with Axey, you mess with me too.''
"You little...." Zexion attempted to lunge for Roxas. He was immediately held back by a rough hand on his shoulder. Someone loudly cleared their throat behind Axel. He turned to see Xemnas glaring furiously at him while holding Zexion back. The look made him shrink back just a little. The Superior was still rubbing at the sore spot on the back of his head.

"What''s the meaning of this Number Eight?" He asked in his normal authoritive tone.

"I-I honestly don''t know... I woke up and he was like this."

"I''m Sowwy..." Roxas said above Axel in a tiny quivering voice. Several of the other members had to cover their mouths to hide laughter.

"Why are you sorry?" Axel asked.

"I''m sowwy fow pullin'' Xemmy''s haiw and givin'' him a boo boo. Now I''m in twouble." Roxas let a few stray tears fall from his eyes before he buried his face in Axel''s hair. Axel decided to take Larxene''s advice by running his fingers through Roxas'' blond hair. Miraculously, Axel could hear Roxas'' breathing begin to even out and the sobbing stopped. Even Xemnas could not deny that that was the cutest apology he had ever heard.

"Your little friend has saved you from certain disaster Axel." Xemnas continued. " But your not off the hook that easily. You are to care for him until this mess is sorted out, understood?" Xemnas smirked evilly to himself. "And Demyx is to assist you when needed."

"What!?" Larxene shouted. "You would let those losers take care of a kid? I could do a better job then he ever could!"

"Axel''s in charge." Xemnas repeated to an angry Larxene. Xemnas gave the orders for everyone to leave the dining hall and go about their day as normally. Many had to be forced to leave the room since they still wanted a peek at little Roxas. Finally, the only ones left were Axel, Demyx and Roxas.

"Don''t worry Axey, we''ll take good care of Roxas. Like mother and father. You''ll be the mother of course." Demyx wrapped his arms around Axel''s shoulders. Axel cringed a little at the way Demyx described their new duties. Even though it was basically the truth.

"Why do I have to be the mother?" Axel asked. Demyx rolled his eyes as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Because you have hips, Duh!" Demyx and Roxas began giggling wildly to each other.

"Great, the beginning of a disaster."

 

A/N -
Well, there it is, chapter three. The whole Xemnas hair thing comes from my badly wanting to touch Xemmy''s hair! It just looks so silky. I swear if I was in the Organization that''s what I would spend my time doing, trying to touch Xemnas hair XD

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment