Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Pleakley's Announcement

L&S run off in the Mall of America, and Jumba sends 630 to get them.

Chapter 1 - Pleakley's Announcement

Chapter 1 - Pleakley's Announcement


I don't own Lilo & Stitch or their 'ohana, but 630 is MINE and if you use her in your stories you have to say she's MINE!



Author's Note: In this fanfic, Pleakley (and the others too, but especially Pleakley) will have the mentality he did in the movie. (The FIRST movie, not that other piece of bletzgorp. Stitch! is a great TV show but a rotten movie.) Sometimes characters (mostly Pleakley) are tragically misrepresented and I really hate that.



Another Author's Note: No flames. Unless I tragically misrepresent a character, because that is just bad and I deserve flames for it.



Chapter 1: Pleakley Makes An Announcement



"Hey, guuys!" I sang over the breakfast table. Nobody looked up. I get that a lot.



"Guys!" Nothing.



"GUYS!"



"GUUYYS!"



They finally notice I'm trying to get their attention.



"WHAAT! I AM TRYING TO EAT HERE!" bellows Jumba. I often regret having chosen to sit next to him at meals.



"Well, since I watched Survival of the Fittest yesterday, and the price of airline tickets being what they are..."



"Pleakley, make it quick, I have to go to work."

"We're going to Minnesota!" I announce.



This engendered several reactions, none as joyful as I'd thought.



"We're WHAT!"



"What is Minnie's Soda?"



"Awwwwww..."



"&#$!"



Nani seemed the least delighted with my annoucement.



"Pleakley, we are going to have a long talk when I come home tonight. The only reason I don't let you have it now is because I have to go to work," she says.



I know she means it. Maybe she'll work late. Nani walks out the door and I return to my cornflakes.



Before too long I notice everyone is staring at me. Oh, boy. I shrink into my seat. Maybe if I ignore them, they'll quit looking at me, I think. I pretend not to notice.



"Pleakley?"



I am a cloud. A big, fluffy, happy cloud. Noone is staring at me.



"Pleeaakleey?"



Okay, they're staring at me, but it's a GOOD stare. They're, uh, looking for shapes. That's it. Shapes.



"PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAKLEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!"



My eye snaps open.



"What do you want, Lilo?" I say patiently. Patiently.



"Where's-" She was obviously struggling to pronounce it.



"Mini-soda?"



"In the United States."



"Ohhhhh." Her expression changes from befuddlement to recognition. "I remember now. We learned about it in school. Isn't that kinda far?"



"Um, nooo..."



"Yeah, an' it's real cold, too."



"Um, nooo..."



"Yeah, an' I don't wanna go." She calmly ate her cereal. I glared at her. "Well you're going anyway!" She looked up. "No I'm not."



There wasn't even a hint of argument in her voice. She was simply stating what she thought were the facts. "Oh. Well, how do you figure that, little missy?"



Lilo put down her spoon and turned to Jumba. "Jumba?" "What!" "Do you want to go to Minnesota?" "No." She smiled brightly and turned to me.



"See? Jumba can babysit me," she confidently explained. "Yes, I can- WHAAAAT!" I ignored Jumba. "No he's not."



Her smile disappeared and she looked- well, solemn. "Why, Pleakley?" she asked. "Because- um- "



I don't wanna be left alone with your sister who hates me and a monster who hates me, I thought, but didn't say it aloud.



"-because the tickets are nonrefundable!"



"Oh." Maybe now I could have eat breakfast in peace. "Pleakley?" I heard a strange, alien voice say. "What do YOU want!" "Pleakley, what's der United Plate?"



"It's a place, Stitch." He scratched behind one ear. "Den where is der United Plate?" I suddenly realized Jumba was looking at me pretty intently.



Sometimes I wonder what he thinks about. Then I decide I really don't wanna know. "It's- um- not far-" Stitch cocks his head to the side and stares at me. I make a mental note to ask Jumba if Stitch has telepathy powers I don't know about. "Oh, well, across the sea..." I gesture rather vaugely. I glance over at Jumba. His eyes are narrowed into slits. I often regret having chosen to sit next to him at meals. "Exactly how much crossing sea is it, one-eyed-one?" he asks me. I look up at the ceiling.



"Oh, um, three- maybe four- or five- depending on weather-" "Three maybe four or five what, Pleakley?" Lilo asks curiously. "Um- hours."



This led to several reactions, none happy.



"WHAAAAT!"



"Awwwwww..."



"&#$!"



I try to make myself very very small. Several conversations are going on without me.



"I don't wanna be on a plane for three hours!"



"I hate planes! Why did Pleakley do this!"



Stitch chatters rapidly in alien.



"We certainly should. PLEAKLEY!"



I slip under the table. Jumba yanks me back up by the anntenna. "Pleakley, 626 has something to tell you." He turns me so I'm facing Stitch, who has sort of an evil smirk on his face. He clears his throat. "SWIRLYYY!" "Swirly! The-the experiment?" He shakes his head. The evil smirk turns to an evil grin.With lots of evil teeth.



"Um... a swirly donut?" He points to my head, then points down and makes a swirling motion with his finger or claw or whatever while imitating a toilet flush. I gulp.



I think I know what he means, but if I'm wrong I don't wanna give him any ideas. Then again, you can't really get any more explicit than that.



About an hour later I walk out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. Jumba is sitting on the couch reading a newspaper. I doubt he's interested in the actual content of it, since he's reading it upside down.



I pause to glare at him. His eyes shift over to me. He looks- ashamed? Apprehensive? Guilty? Completely expressionless?



There's a long, tension-laden pause. He clears his throat.



"You've been in the shower a long time," he mutters. I don't reply. Let him be the one who just gets stared at for once.



There's an even longer tension-laden pause. I decide I'm really not the evil-eye type.



"You'd be in the shower a long time too if a little monster shoved YOUR head in the toilet and your friends did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and in fact even HELPED!" I yelled.



"Hmmmph." He crossed his legs and adjusted his grip on the paper. I was starting to get a little bit ticked off. "Well, don't you have anything to say for yourself!"



He studied me and looks absolutely disgusted. "Oy, I didn't know you could look any scrawnier but without a shirt-" "ABOUT YOU!" "Oh. Well, you are the one who booked non-refundable trip without consulting me or larger girl," he said in a suddenly accusatory tone. I half expected him to whip around and say "Where were you on the night of the twenty-fifth!"



"Well, I thought it was a good idea."



"No-one else was thinking so."



"Hmph."



He turned on the TV. I took the oppurtunity to head off to my room. While I was getting dressed, I decided I could pack Jumba's suitcase for him. (That would teach him something.)



After packing the suitcase I glanced at the clock. Oh-oh, it was almost time for Nani to get off work. I hadn't forgotten the "talking-to" she'd promised me. Almost as soon as the thought entered my mind, I heard her say-



"PLEAKLEY!"



I hurried downstairs.



Nani was standing in the kitchen.



"Pleakley, why did you think you were free to book a trip to another state without informing me?"



I couldn't understand why everyone was so upset! All I'd done was plan a family vacation!



"I just wanted to give everyone a good time! When they announce suprise trips on TV everybody's happy!"



Nani put one hand over her eyes.



"Look, Pleakley, those are actors. The TV world is not real. It's just a flat screen. It's not real life!"



"But art imitates life. In a way TV is real!"



"It is not!"



"Well, have you ever thought that maybe the characters take on a life of their own?"



She sighed.



"Look, I'm not here to discuss TV with you. I want to explain that it's not good to use MY money to plan trips nobody wants to take!"



"But I paid for the tickets!"



She looked suprised.



"Oh. Well, that's a little better. However, you should have made sure everyone wanted to go to Minnesota before you made the decision. And you should have told us



a LOT sooner. No-one's packed and if I know you the flight is early and long."



"7:00 AM and three to five hours."



"That's what I thought."



There was a pause. I turned to go. "Get back here!"



I got back there.



She gave me a look. "Before you go, I want you to give me your word that you're never going to do this again."



"Um, sure."



There was another pause. I stuck out my hand. "Wanna pinky-swear? I saw it on TV and it's fascin-""Good night, Pleakley."






Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment