Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - I'm not Ready for the Light...

The sad tale of a girl on her quest to find the one thing missing from her life...
NOTE: Low Level Adult Themes

Chapter 5 - I'm not Ready for the Light...

Chapter 5 - I'm not Ready for the Light...

Ouch..... My back is getting worse... My stomach is kinda o.k though.
It's the middle of the day now and I can feel the scorching sun on my back.
I didn't want to go to sleep last night, I was afraid about the spider..
But now, I think I should of... I feel woozy, light-headed, really.
I can't think straight, maybe it's the heat. If so, I should get a drink
I sit down on a nearby rock and drop my backpack.
I take the bottle from the right pocket and take a long drink of water.
I suck the container dry, and think about going for my second bottle, but I decide to leave it for later.
I lay there on the grass for a moment, just looking up at the blazing sun. I never knew it could be so hot in winter.
After resting for a while, I pick myself up again and continue along the road.

"Phew... This is tiring" I exclaim to myself.
I check my watch. 4 In the afternoon now. That means almost 12 hours of walking.
And it shows, I feel exhausted.
I grab my stomach. Owwww... Another pain. I keep going for another hour, before I just collapse on the road, in a deep sleep.

"Ouch..." I rub my head as I stand up. It feels like I banged it against a wall.
There's so much pain, so much suffering. I can't stand it!
I yell out in frustration and kick my back pack across the road.
But then I'm quite. I look to my right.
A beautiful sunset... So marvelous, something that cannot be explained in words...
I look out at the horizon. There's nothing as far as the eye can see.
I stagger up to my backpack, feeling even more disorientated.
I lazily grab my bag and sling it over my chest, making it jab into my back and causing me to cry out in pain.
"Must... Go... On" I mutter to myself.
I feel weak, so tired, so.... I hold up my head with my hands.
"The.... What...."
I keep walking, a slow, wonky walk. Like that of a drunk.

I'm exhausted now. I've put my... All into it...
But.. That wasn't enough.... It's over now...
I fall on my knees, too weary to go on.
I drop slowly to the ground, I can see a blinding light...
But a Soothing blinding light... A blinding light of hope, of truth, of happiness... I feel myself being dragged towards the light..
The light... So close now... but I can hear the cries of people... a loud noise I cannot make out...
I feel I'm not ready to go... to the light... yet...
I suddenly see what's around me, like I awoke from a half-awake state.
it's cold, a cold room, but it's well lit.. and it smells like a million chemicals mixed together..
I can see some-one.. it looks like they're wearing a strange outfit... He's saying something..
I can barely make it out...
"It seems... Poison... Dangerous... Don't worry... Live.... Your going to feel..... Sleepy.... Now....."

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FFXgirl on February 18, 2006, 6:32:45 AM

FFXgirl on
FFXgirlGREAT chapter!!!! I especially liked the last sentance!!!! pretty misterious