Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Change of Plan

The sad tale of a girl on her quest to find the one thing missing from her life...
NOTE: Low Level Adult Themes

Chapter 6 - Change of Plan

Chapter 6 - Change of Plan
"Oooooooohh..... My head"
I feel like I've been sleeping for ages, a state of light-headedness.
I look to my right. There's some kind of machines and things that I can't understand, and also a beeping noise.
I must be in hospital!
There's a woman to the left of me, her long, blue dress tell's me she's a nurse.
"Uh... 'scuse me?" I whimper out to her.
"Oh, little girl, your awake!" The woman turns around and faces me, a nice one she is, blue eyes, short blonde hair, anyway.
"I'm not little, I'm 14. And how long have I been asleep?"
"Oh, about two days, the doc said the anti-dote would make you drowsy. If your awake now, your probably pretty healthy now."
The nurse walks off towards the plain, white door in-front of me.
"Wh.. Where are you going?" I blurt out.
"To get the doc of course, dear. He'll need to ask you a few questions." She continues out through the door.

Oh, of course, right.
Why did I ask her that? I must just still be woozy from the heat.
Wait! If the doctor is going to ask me questions... He'll ask me where I live!
The LAST place I want to be right now is back home! I have to get out of here!
I take a look around the room. Ah! My fluffy pink back pack!
I lunge for my bag, grabbing it and cuddling it before going back to looking for a way out.
There! An open window. I leap out of it, falling on my butt and grimacing a bit before running off into town.

I decide to catch my breath inside a cafe, I walk in to the nearest one, trying to look as casual as possible.
I sit on the stool near the counter, and ring the bell.
A young guy about the same age stand up from behind the counter.
He has black hair and really sexy green eyes and...
Whoa! What am I thinking? Keep yourself together..
"A coffee please?" I whine in a small voice.
"Sorry?" The guy speaks back in a sweet voice that is music to my ears.
"Uh... I said... A coffee please?" I turn away and blush.
"Coming right up!" The guy heads off towards the back of the cafe, and dissapears behind the kitchen door.

He comes back with a nice cup of coffee, although it looks a bit expensive.
"Here you go! It's the best coffee we have! All the girls in town seem to love it, but your not from around here are you?" He winks at me.
"Uh... No, I'm not from here... I'm... Going on a little vacation by myself." I smile and try to look cool.
Oh, Jesus, I must look like a fool to him.
"Oh? And where are you going?"
"Uh.. Right! I'm going... Wait, I'll show you.." I reach into my backpack and search for my map.
"Funny... I thought I left it in here... Argh! My map's gone!" I say out loud.
"Uh.. Sorry... I seem to have lost my map, and I kind of need it to get to where I'm going.." I continue.
"Hey! I have a map out back, if you need it I could give it to you!" The guy replies, turning away to get the map.
I glance back behind me and see a couple of girls sneering.
A grin spreads itself across my face.

The guy comes back with a tattered map, looks a bit old but accurate enough.
He spreads it out on the counter in front of me.
I look at the map, and point to my destination.
"There! Leafdale!" I shout.
"Whoa... I've heard of that place before. It's pretty backwater. How do you plan on going there" The guy look up at me with a confused face.
"Well, first I'm going to need to hitchike for a ride to over here." I point out my route with my finger.
"Then I'll need to stow away on a train here, and when it get's to here I'll stop off and I'll walk the rest of the way."
I don't know why I told him all that, but I feel like I can trust him... Somehow.
"If your going to do that, I'd suggest taking the train from this town over to here, before walking the rest of the way."He suggests.
"Uh.... Okay? anyway, I was hoping you could give me the supplies I need.. I have the money."
The guy instantly grabs a bunch of muffins, take a few bottles of water and starts calculating the price.
"That'll be $20.00"
I reach into my backpack and grab my wallet.
"Hah! Just my luck, all I've got is a 20 dollar note." I exclaim, handing him the money and grabbing all the goods and stuffing them into my bag.
"Glad I could be of help." The guy smiles at me. "Anyway, the train will be off at 5 pm.. Which is in an hour! You better hurry."
The guy directs me where to go, and I scurry off to the train on which I'll be riding for the next 4 days...






:O A bit uneventful, I know, I'm gonna try and make the next chapter more action-packed ;)

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Methehedgehog on April 13, 2006, 9:22:17 AM

Methehedgehog on
MethehedgehogAwesome!!

FFXgirl on February 18, 2006, 6:39:11 AM

FFXgirl on
FFXgirlI liked this chapter too!!!! I can't wait until the next chapter!!!!