Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - a quick rest

This is a sequel to a story i am writing later. The storm hawks make an emergency landing in a desert Terra where they meet 7 warriors who defend a cursed but freindly village. Contains Brit-com (mindless) violence.

Chapter 3 - a quick rest

Chapter 3 - a quick rest
RECAP: A new fighter has just saved the storm hawks from a fight and goes by the name of Frame. He is one of seven Yountom Knights.

Bodies of bandits lie dead as a gentle breeze kicked sand at everyones feet. Frame was gathering the daggers and headbands from the bandit bodies, while Aerrow stood talking to River. Junko was chasing Shade who was Chasing Finn who had a piece of Shades sniper rifle in his hand. Radar sat on one of the engines looking at the clouds as the floated past, Piper sat next to him stroking his ears. Stork was trying to repair the condors damaged engine.

Aerrow: so how do you know that guy?

River: actually he met us. Once I took a squad out to search a ship that had sent a distress signal out, In fact it was a trap the Colodians had set up. I didnt think we would of gotten out of that one alive, but Frame saved us.

As River and Aerrow spoke noises of Finn being pummelled by Shade were heard in the background.

Aerrow: dose he live here?

River: Yeah. What he was doing out in our terra though I dont know. Never asked him.

Finn: AAAAAAAAH!

Junko had given up on trying to stop Shade and came over to join Aerrow and Rivers conversation. Junko places his arm around River who kissed his cheek and carried on talking.

River: he has two brothers, and 3 friends who are English but he is American, which is weird.

Finn: OUCH! NO! NO! SHADE PLEASE!

Junko: Great more weird talking. Thanks to Shade I might be able to understand some things they say.

River: ha ha. These guys talk like him, even Frame. But I do think I should warn you though.

Shade: YOU LITTLE GIT! GIVE IT BACK OR ILL SMASH YA FACE IN MORE.

Aerrow: what?

River: a guy who works with them, he is a complete and utter BASTARD!

Junko: that bad?

Stork: ummm&&Aerrow?

Aerrow: hey Stork.

Stork: we um.. Have a problem. The engine is going to need a couple of days work and ummm&. We cant risk staying in the condor in case the Bandits sneak on-board or WORSE A NEW BREED OF MIND WORMS INFECT US ALL.

Aerrow: as crazy as the last part sounded, hes right. If they come back we might be caught off guard.

Junko: but we cant just leave the Condor here while we look a place to sleep.

Piper: and its getting hot out here.

Shade: BASTARD!

Aerrow: so what do we do?

Frame: I got an idea.

Finn: HA missed me! OUCH!

Frame: you can spend the time you need back at the Village, Ill get ya ship back, dont worry about it, but you need to get to the Village.

Aerrow: thats very generous, and the best idea weve got.

Stork: its the ONLY idea we have.

Frame: do you know where it is River?

River: no

Shade: (with Finn in choke hold) I do. bout 6 mile south innit?

Frame: yeah. Ill get my brother to the Condor? back, and Ill ring Iris to meet you.

River: Iris?&Oh is he the one with those great looking eyes?

Frame: thats the first thing everybody remembers about him. He he.

River: Hey! Piper wait till you see his brothers eyes, they are to die for!

Aerrow went red in the face and turned away from River and Piper when she said that. He walked of quickly towards the Condor to get his skimmer. Shade noticed Aerrows face as he entered the Condor, and after giving Finn a punch to the face so he fell to the floor, he followed Aerrow to see if he was all right.

The runway was silent as death as Shade entered, Aerrow was tightening a screw on his Skimmer with the same look of frustration on his face.

Shade: Aerrow? You all right?

Aerrow: YES.

Shade: dont sound it. Whats up?

Aerrow: (sigh) its what River said out there, about that guys eyes. It makes me feel like Im not good enough Piper.

Shade: Aerrow. Dont think that. You dont know this bloke, how d ya know shell like him?

Aerrow: &&&&..

Shade: Just remember what I said to ya back on the base.

Aerrow: Dont change to impress

Shade: thats it lad. Piper likes you the way you are, I can tell she likes being with you.

Aerrow: Thanks Shade.

The rest of the crew entered the runway, Junko was carrying Stork. Stork looked so worried and tense.

River: whats wrong with him?

Piper: He gets like this when the Condor is taken away from him for a while.

Stork: What if he breaks it more? What if he tries to fly it and messes up the controls?
(GASP) WHAT IF TRIES TO STEAL IT?

Finn: oh my head!

Junko: is he giving you a headache?

Finn: hes only adding to it. Ooo.

Aerrow: O.k. Lets move out. Shade, lead the way.

Shade: Righto. (falls of Skimmer) Argh! Bloody hell, who made the seat lo- FINN!

The crew took their Skimmers and headed south. As they flew they saw Frame talking to somebody on a Radio. The Skimmers were loud and the only thing that could be heard as they flew south. Shade was playing Through the fire and flames by Dragonforce on his Skimmer Radio, while joking with Junko and River. Radar sat on Aerrows shoulder as he drove, Finn was still rubbing a sore spot on his head with Stork tucked up in a ball and mumbling more of his paranoia to himself, Piper flew up next to Shade and joined the chat.

Piper: Umm. River? Can I ask you something?

River: do you want to go in private?

Piper: nah. I know you and Shade wont laugh. Umm. What I wanted to ask you was&&.when you actually told Junko how you felt about him. How did you do it?

Shade: I imagine she used words.

River: Shade!

Shade: what?

River: Anyway, well Piper. When I was going to tell Junko, I felt really nervous but when I wanted to tell him, I remembered all the things why I love him. It made me fell really confident and I told him, (kisses Junko) and there isnt anyone I would rather be with.

Junko: awww. River. Youre making me go red, but I wouldnt leave you for the world. (kisses River)

Shade: oh Gordon Bennit, you got em goin now, itll take a crowbar to get their mouths off each other. You know what? One day I might take the piss and replace Rivers lipstick with superglue.

Piper: ha ha. Dont be cruel.

Shade: you know I wouldnt do that, id put on her pillow. (river and Junko still kiss)
Ugh! Right Im goin t talk to Aerrow before Im sick on em.

Shade pulled ahead of River and Junko, and switched his song to Lay Down by priestess. Radar was now asleep on the back of Aerrows Skimmer; Aerrow had a look of worry on his face. Shade pulled up next to him.

Aerrow: how long now.

Shade: bout. 2 miles. Youll see it in a bit. You all right Aerrow?

Aerrow: Its Radar. I think hes sick.

Shade: why?

Aerrow: well, hes been sleeping a lot recently and when he is awake he seams exhausted.

Shade: probly the heat. Dont worry, hell be fine. Anyway theres the village look.

As the crew flew a small village slowly came into vision as it rose from behind a sand dune. The first thing you could notice was a giant silver insignia, which lay on a concrete floor in the middle of it, this was obviously the village square. Surrounding the square were houses and small from where the crew was hovering the villagers looked like ants. The village had for bell towers in for corners.

Shade: Aye. Thats it. Detala village. Rights we can ride it from ere but I suggest that we have a quick rest first.

Aerrow: I agree. The heat could overheat our engine quicker, (points at a flat spot) so lets land there.

The crew all landed at the area Aerrow pointed out and jumped of their skimmers Junko and River sat next to each other and looked at the clouds, Stork continued being paranoid, Finn sat on his skimmer and fiddled with his radio, Shade untied his boot to empty the sand out of it. and Aerrow walked over to Piper.

Aerrow: hey Piper.

Piper: hey Aerrow.

Aerrow: how you doing against the heat.

Piper: just a little hot but Im ok, the sweat will cool me down.

Aerrow: if your not o.k. let me know strait away.

Piper: I will dont worry.

Piper smiled at Aerrow, then she thought about what River said about how she told Junko she loved him. Piper began to list the thinks she loved in Aerrow, he was strong, skilled, sweet, caring, good looking, brave and all ways thought of others first.
Piper said them to her self three time and took a deep breath and said..

Piper: Aerrow I really want to tell you this. Aerrow. I&

Piper was interrupted when the ground started shaking at their feet.

River: oh no! not now no please.

Junko: what is it?

The ground started to shake more violently and faster.

River: shoot! EVERYONE IN THE AIR NOW!

Finn: wh-

River: SANDWORM!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment