Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Leti shall follow when you run ; chapter1 part

ever thought of becoming evil? this is the story of how I, Lucretia Foxe, took that path... enjoy

Chapter 2 - The Leti shall follow when you run ; chapter1 part

Chapter 2 - The Leti shall follow when you run ; chapter1 part


CHAPTER 1.



THE LETI SHALL FOLLOW WHEN YOU RUN



"No Way! You're joking, right?" I stared at her open-mouthed.

"I am being so serious, Lia! Sam has been hanging all over him all day. I mean, okay, he is totally good looking but nobody really knows him, he's only been here for a week or two. Anyway she invited him to the party on Friday."

We walked back to the sports field where Sofia's boyfriend, Barry, was waiting for her. Sofia was my best friend and she was always on top of the gossip chain.

Now at the party I would finally be able to get to know the new guy. It is essential for me to get to know new people because then I could sign them up for muse help if they needed it. But this time I also wanted to get to know him because he was just so fine, any girl would just start drooling.





TWO DAYS LATER



"Wow, Samara, you have a brilliant party goin' on here... "

Sofia was constantly being nice to Samara. I don't really bother because personally I think Samara is a natural born dog, but she did invite me, so tonight I was going to try and be nice to her.

"Thanx for inviting us Sam, this party is already lookin' good," I said and the last part I actually meant. Somehow Samara had the right touches for getting a party off the road.

While Sam and Sofia still chatted a while, I sidled away looking for the new guy. About ten minutes later I glanced him sitting at the mini-bar in the dining hall. He looked really handsome in the darkened room. The little light coming from a candle in front of him made his black hair shine. I decided to just sit down next to him and that's what I did.

"Hi, gimme a shot of After Shock please." I ordered a shooter at the bar.

"Wow, I didn't think that anybody else drank that stuff."

I looked to my left where the deep, English accented, silky voice had sounded. It was he: the new guy. I had never heard him speak before and I was slightly shocked to see that he had his perfect, sparkling, green eyes turned my way.

" 'Scuse me?" I was totally flustered and it hadn't really occurred to me what he had just said.

"Hi. I was just saying that I am surprised to see someone else drinking that stuff other than myself. I thought I was the only one crazy enough to try."

"Oh, I don't try. I always drink this," Hey I actually managed a somewhat wobbly smile, "It helps me clear my mind."

"Tell me 'bout it. That's the same reason I drink it," Then he added to the barman, "Make that two will ya? Thanx."

The barman brought us our little shooter glasses filled with a sparkling, clear substance. I stared at the glass for a while and it seemed to be filled with a crystalline iridescence. We sat there in silence for what appeared to be ages; at least to me. From the corner of my eye I saw his eyes constantly flicking my way. I felt my cheeks starting to blush but the good thing is that I have an amazing ability to control myself. The blush quickly subsided but my fingertips still kept tingling.

At this point I made up my mind to be bold. I turned to face him, "By the way, my name is Lia Foxe. Lucretia Foxe if you want to tie your tongue."

"Nah, that's a cool name. I'm James. James Dyer."

We shook hands, "Nice to finally meet you."

His puzzled look told me he hadn't exactly understood what I meant with “finally”, so I enlightened him, "We happen to go to the same high school."

"Oh bugger, so sorry, I just haven't gotten round to meeting new people and getting to know them. But I think now that you mention it your face does seem oddly familiar and I guess now I know why. You're in a grade under me; grade 10 right?" It seemed odd to me that he was so polite, (most guys these days were not) but it was really cool.

"Don't worry it's okay and yes I am in grade 10. So tell me why you had such a lousy day, to have that as a drink?!" I said while indicating the After Shock shooters.

"Well actually it has been a crummy week. As you probably know this was my first week here. Thank god it's Friday. I have to really get used to the way this school works and my grades have been deteriorating lately.”

Oh my God, I thought, he needs help! Now I can sign him up for my help. I'll have to ask Adélie whether I can take care of him. (Adélie is our head muse. She was the first to be born and the start of our race.)



*


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lanfear on March 2, 2005, 11:41:27 PM

Lanfear on
Lanfearla la la la la la la, kewl... luv this...wwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh!!!! mwha l8er Lanfear