Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Angel 1-6

Angel is Awesome

Chapter 6 - Angel 1-6

Chapter 6 - Angel 1-6
Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel
“Why.”
That was all I could think straightly because of the many other things I would much rather be thinking like,
“For once we are all safe and together”
Or “heh, today was so fun”
Instead I was laying in the living room clenching a tear-stained piece of paper Fang had left for me to read, mostly a love note. The only other ones in the room were, my mom, Dr. Martinez (if you haven’t read the other books, get with the program), Angel, and Nudge. We had all had our share of tears but for me, I was beyond tears. Fang left in the most inconvenient and most unplanned time in my whole life.
Suddenly, Dylan appeared behind the couch, startling me a bit. He motioned for me to come to the back porch (what now). He frowned and whispered
“look I’m really sorry about Fang, but you can’t get past the fact that we are meant to be together “
At that moment I lost all control and punched him right on the jaw, I heard it pop out of place and he winced, not seeming to damaged, but I knew I had let him off easy. Suddenly my mom rushed out and gave me the death stare, bad for me.
As we sat on my bed I began crying, sort of relieved. She let out a sigh and spoke in her motherly tone,
“Max, sweetie, I love you and so did Fang, but Max, I can tell there is something you aren’t telling us.”
I just starred at her, wide eyed.
“What, as far as I’m concerned there is only one thing I could possibly have my mind on at this time try Max of the future if you want more information”
I said half sarcastically
“Max think harder, I know there‘s got to be something.” She said again
I was searching my mind for anything that might be of interest to her. But my mind was preoccupied on finding the answer to think of the fairly obvious response. Suddenly it all came back to me and my face flushed red. I quickly regained confidence and turned to her and said,
“I’m not telling you but you will find out, soon enough I guess.”
Her expression quickly turned worried and she spoke softy
“Maximum, tell me now.”
I shook my head with pride and gave her a bear hug like a two-year old and whispered
“Sorry, Mommy”
 
 
End of chapter 1

Teehee
2
That night, I lay in bed, wondering if I should have told my own mother a secret I shall not (scout’s honor) tell my ravid readers (sorry).
You know, girls tend to keep secrets, right? Anyway I was thinking about how much my life would change, if…. My mom was right, I think, but I might as well not tell her, but I will tell her part of the story.
I raced to the landing, where my mom was combing Nudges hair softly.
“Max, Honey, what is it” she said, obviously worried.
“Come to my room, please”
Once again sitting on the bed I turned to her quietly and opened my mouth to speak but practically had to squeeze the words from my tight throat.
“I can’t tell you everything, but about 1 month ago, while Fang and I where alone, the whitecoats captured us and took us to the school and, I can’t remember much but, then they just let us go, I don’t know why I haven’t told you before, Fang told me it would be best not to”
I looked down at my hands and began to cry. I was proud of myself. I whispered to myself,
“I’m only fourteen”
We walked together to the kitchen where I realized I hadn’t eaten in two days. I really wasn’t hungry. My tight wings ached, I longed to let them flow through the wind again with Fang by my side, with my whole flock, my family. My ever loving and changing family.
Gazzy walked in, kind of wobbling and came up to me and hugged my legs. I ruffled his blonde hair and then he let out a snore, he was sleep walking, just like when he was a baby. I looked up to the oven clock and realized it was about midnight. Which made me remember I hadn’t slept since Fang left. Jeez, we should make a book called If You Give a Max a Kitchen.
My mom told me to try to go to sleep. I walked to my room and saw her pass by, carrying Gazzy to bed. I slept for the first time in a long time and felt that was a good note to end a chapter on.
 
 
End of Chapter 2

Teehee
3
Iggy Turned on the TV early that morning (how does a blind kid watch TV) and I woke up to Rachel Ray telling me how to cook. On the other hand Gazzy and Total were playing Rock Band in the landing. Total sang.
My mom was frying bacon in the kitchen that for some reason didn’t smell good. I had a splitting headache. I limped into the kitchen and laid my head on my mom’s shoulder. I groaned “I don’t feel good”. She put her hand on my forehead and said
“You feel a little warm, go lay down in your room I’ll be down in a minute”. She brought me an ice pack rapped in a dish cloth and laid it on my forehead. She laid a few crackers on my bedside table and left, closing the door and turning off the light.
I quickly went to sleep and had a dream that Fang was back (like always). Suddenly he disappeared and I felt like I was having a nightmare but was reality.
I awoke to the door opening and my mom and Angel stepped in. I glanced at the clock and it was four p.m. I had slept all day, I felt better.
“How do you feel, sweetie.” My mom asked softly
“Much better.” I answered
I walked out to the living room where Gazzy was polluting the air, Iggy was gasping
“ Gas mask, gas mask”
I decided to leave them to their farting. I went into the kitchen and heated up some coffee and eggs. I gulped them down in record time and went to find Dylan.
He was on the porch like always and sat down on the floor beside him. I began
“Hey, sorry about yesterday.”
“No I’m sorry” he said
“I know it’s a touchy subject for you”
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper and handed it to me.
“I thought this might help” he said.
I unfolded it carefully and began reading:
Dylan,
Please take care of my Max. You know how much she means to me and I would hate to see you get hurt. Knowing Max she probably will anyway. I apologize in advance for that. Thank you so much
-Fang
I lifted my head and grinned a little.
“He knows me so well”
But that wasn’t what was going through my head. He didn’t just say take care of Max he said take care of my Max. I thanked Dylan and went to my room. I just sat there for a minute and thought about both letters.
That night Iggy made his special lasagna for dinner. We all ate TONS. I said goodnight to everyone and headed to bed. I slept very lightly that night.
Late that night Ella came into my room. I quickly sat up and asked her what she needed. She looked at me and said
“I just want to talk”
That’s when I knew something was up.
“Max” Nudge cried
And that wasn’t it.
End of Chapter 3

Teehee
 
 
 
4
Ella stared at me, kind of worried and anxious looking. Her teeth clenched and unclenched.
“You can tell me anything, I promise, Ella.”
“Max, I’ve noticed something different about you, I don’t think it’s because of him, but I think I know why and I promise if I’m correct I’ll never tell anyone unless you want me to.” She said confidently
“and what do you think it is?” I said
“I think you know, Max” she spoke
We looked at each other for a while. I broke the silence
“I never thought my big sister would be the first to know. I thought Mom would.”
“Yah so did I” she joked
So I’m sorry, dear readers that I cannot tell you the secret. I have altered this chapter so it didn’t tell you, but there are a series of clues in the second chapter.
We hugged each other and she told me she was visiting her dad this weekend so she wouldn’t be tempted to tell and I promised her I would tell her if I told the rest of the flock.
And so I will hand over the job of narrating for a short time to my beloved sister Ella Martinez while I am taking a very short break from the very tough job of narrating this book. Thank you Ella and good luck. Also have fun at your dad’s. We’ll miss you.
End of Chapter 4

Teehee
 
5
Hey Everybody I would just like to say what an honor it is to narrate this part of the story. Anyway I had a long plane ride to Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Wow I am so honored to be the only one to know Max’s secret. She wouldn’t even tell you guys. When I arrived there my dad was waiting for me at the airport with a stuffed elephant in his hand. He greeted me with a smile
“Hi, dear, I brought you little Ella”
“Thanks, Daddy, but you know I’m sixteen years old”
“yea I know your growing up so fast” he answered”
Next we went to the zoo which he knew was my favorite thing to do in Santa Cruz. That was where I got my stuffed elephant, little Ella. I’m not much for writing so I’ll just skip all this stuff you guys don’t want to here about so I’ll hand things back over to my favorite little sister, Max. Thanks guys, you rock.
End of Ella’s Chapter 5

Teehee
 
6
Hey guys I kept my promise with Ella and I haven’t told a soul and neither has she. But we have a problem….. Jeb has decided he is coming to live with us again. But I’m not worried about that it’s that he knows the secret. But back to the action
That morning We were going out for a little fly around the mountains which sounded heavenly. But it was at that moment that I saw something flying right for us. I didn’t think it was an eraser or anything of that sort. The rest of the flock landed in a tree while I went to investigate.
The object suddenly started plummeting down but for some reason I just kept going straight.
“Maximum, long time no see” said a sound behind me, but I knew exactly who it was.
I quickly turned around and smiled.
“Jeb, or should I call you Daddy” he frowned “If you dare tell anyone I will rip you apart, but I see you umm…. Have wings”
“Yah” he said shyly. We flew together to the tree where the flock was waiting
“hey guess what Jeb has wings” a said bossily. We all went back to the house where we spent the rest of the day catching up and because of the lack of extra beds Nudge slept with me that night. I woke up before the rest of the flock and went to get dressed when I noticed a bug which I smashed, but also something else.
 
*
** *** **** *** ** * ** *** **** *** ** * ** *** **** *** ** * ** *** **** *** ** * ** *** **** *** ** *

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment