Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Spherox

Sonic and Shadow in another world, and mutants appearing all over the place on Mobius. That's the bottom line.
 
Be Warned: The later chapters are long!

Chapter 1 - The Spherox

Chapter 1 - The Spherox






Summery:






Sonic and Shadow get into a whole heap of trouble when they activate the Spherox and end up in another world. To get out, they must overcome all elements.











Story:






Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining, or dark and fated.Sometimes the paths of these stars will cross, bringing love or hatred. However, if you look up at the skies on a clear night, out of all the countless lights which twinkle and shine, there will come one. That star will be seen in a blaze, burning a path of light across the roof of the earth, a great comet. Think on these words as my tale unfolds. Mayhap you will learn something valuable, not about stars, but of the value friendship brings.






*****






Rushport was a beautiful city. Many Mobians and Humans lived here; there were plenty of shops, take-aways, malls and restraunts. It was a wonderful, scenic city; its tallest buildings scraped the clouds. The outskirts were full of spacious houses, with gardens like rainbows from the many coloured flowers. Rushport was like a haven to everyone with a good heart.






*






Shadow walked beside Rouge as they travelled to the Rushport market. This was not something they did often, but they were very low on food. Shadow hadnt wanted to come but Rouge insisted that he needed the exercise and fresh air, which was true, considering Shadow never left the apartment. Rushport was never incredibly busy, but there were a lot of people around today. Shadow looked around nervously; one thing he didnt want to do was run into Sonic. Stop looking so worried. Sonic will be off battling Robotnik, you know that Rouge assured. Thats what I want to be doing Shadow mumbled, but Rouge still heard him. You know youre still too weak to do that I wouldnt be if I just had my rings Stop that! No one has any idea to where youre rings are! So youre just going to have to do without! Rouge felt so unappreciated; she could be out hunting the Chaos Emeralds, or Knuckles Master Emerald, but instead she was stuck in Rushport babysitting Shadow! And he wasnt even thankful for it; all he ever did was whine! Rouge quickened her pace through the crowd. Shadow realised he had upset Rouge, and so tried to catch up with her. Rouge&. He began. Shadow stopped dead in his tracks. He sensed a powerful gathering of energy; Chaos energy. He looked around him and tried to pinpoint this energy, it emitted from the ally beside him. But when Shadow turned to look, he saw nothing. The energy seemed to have gone. He blinked and shook his head, I must be going mad he thought. Looked around once more, Shadow realised Rouge was stood waiting for him at the end of the street. Shadow ran up to her, she had a confused look on her face. What-? Nothing. Just thought I saw something, but it was just a trick of the eye Shadow cut in and quickly explained. Rouge dismissed the thoughts creeping into her mind; she turned around and waited to cross the road. Shadow glanced back at the ally, then turned and crossed the road with Rouge to continue their business.






*






That afternoon, Shadow sat on his own in their apartment. Rouge had gone out to do some business, like she always did. He kept thinking back to that ally; something was there, he was sure of it. Something powerful. Shadow couldnt keep his mind off it; he had to go look! He started for the door, and paused before it. After briefly thinking, Shadow grabbed his belt and slotted his gun in its holder. Then he headed out the door and back to the ally, where he began looking around.






*






Baguette with a sausage in the centre, topped with warm, spicy chilli. A Chilli-Dog. Sonic smiled and opened his eyes. He was lying on the roof of Tails workshop, dreaming about Chilli-Dogs. He chuckled, whenever he wasnt fighting or running, he was sleeping. Sonic looked up at the clouds, so fluffy and white, moving with the wind. He started to drift off again, but his stomach rumbled. Heh heh, Chilli-Dog time He said to himself. Sonic sat up, shuffled to the edge, and jumped down. He narrowly missed Cream, who was coming out the door. Hello Mr. Sonic Cream greeted him. Hiya Cream, whats everyone else up to? Sonic asked.  Tails is fixing up the Tornado, Amy is preparing a really big supper for you, and me and Cheese are off to pick some flowers for the table Cream happily answered, where are you going Mr. Sonic? Im off to get a Chilli-Dog, and go for a run Amy heard him through the open door. Make sure you are back for supper, Sonic Hedgehog! Oh, I wouldnt dream of missing it Sonic said sarcastically. Before Amy could say anything else, Sonic was already speeding across the country to Rushport.






*






Sonic popped the last of the Chilli-Dog into his mouth, and licked his lips. Chilli-Dogs always hit the spot. There was a faint clatter of dustbins and a small thud. Looking round into the ally beside him, he saw Shadow lying on the floor cursing. A big grin formed on the hedgehogs face as he strode up behind him. Shadow stood up, unaware of Sonics presence behind him. HELLO! Sonic shouted. Shadow jumped and spun round to face his intruder. He found Sonic stood there, in stitches, laughing himself silly. Shadow frowned and became stern and unwelcoming towards the childish, immature hedgehog. What are you doing here? I have no time for you games Shadow said quickly. Whatever Sonic simply replied. what were you doing making a lot of noise? Just looking for something Like what? Sonic picked up a trashcan lid and started twirling it about. it wouldnt happen to be a Chaos Emerald, would it? No. Rouge didnt sense it, plus this thing is much more powerful Shadow spilled carelessly. Shadow clamped a hand over his mouth, whilst Sonic gave him a sly smile. Really. Then what do you suppose it is? None of your business Shadow snapped. Hmpf. Sonic continued to spin the lid in his hand. He tossed it into the air. Why dont you jus- Shadow began the insult. He stopped. Sonics smile had faded, and he was staring wide-eyed above his head. His hand was positioned to catch the trashcan lid; the lid that hadnt come down. Shadow looked up in the same direction as Sonic; there was nothing there. Whoa& Sonic said in awe. What? Shadow asked. Sonics head snapped don to come almost level with Shadows/ Didnt you see it? The puzzled look on Shadows face was answer enough. Sonic walked over to the nearest dustbin and took its lid. He stood facing Shadow, and threw the lid in the air, harder than he did last time. Just below twice the size of Shadow; a sphere of light flared and struck the advancing lid, flinging it into the wall. Sonic moved closer to Shadow as debris rained on the spot he was once in. This time, the sphere stayed visible a metre above Shadows head. Shadow was determined to get this sphere of light. Sonic was watching it, standing just beside him. Without asking or gesturing; Shadow grabbed Sonics ankles and hoisted him up. What are you doing? Sonic protested. Go on. Grab it. Or would you prefer to leave it for Robotnik? Shadow convinced Sonic to get it. Hesitantly, and balancing on Shadows shoulders, he reached out towards it. The sphere flared menacingly. When Sonics hands got close enough, it lashed out and gripped them, dragging him into it. Sonic gave a yelp as his feet slid from Shadows shoulders, and his gloves disappeared into the light. Shadow, HELP! Sonic cried. Instinctively Shadow grasped Sonics ankles, and pulled as hard as he could. Sonic tried to pull himself out, and give Shadow an easier job. But by this time the sphere had consumed up to his elbows; and was still slowly advancing. Shadow pulled harder, but it was no good. All he was doing was slowing the progress down. Suddenly, the light got brighter and bigger. Within seconds it had engulfed the struggling hedgehogs. As quickly as it had appeared, it vanished. The people of Rushport seemed completely oblivious to all this, a CCTV camera was the only other thing that saw it all. But its film was damaged.






*






A figure sat on top of one of the tallest buildings. A blue cloak flailed about in the wind behind them, with a hood covering their face. A delicate hand gripped an unusual staff; blue with a golden stud, curving over like a swans beak at the top. Two small, feathery wings stuck out of its head, and white crystals in the place of eyes. This mysterious person sensed someone grip the Spherox, a powerful orb made up of Chaos energy. Feeling with their magical powers, an image formed in the strangers mind. Young hedgehogs, what trouble you are in this time. Work together or perish. With this thought, the figure stood up. They spun the staff around their head and brought it into the middle, where they stabbed it down. A small build up of energy was created, swirling tentacles spread out in straight lines. Then, under a command, they bent back and encircled the stranger. Both staff and person disappeared. I will watch over you&&.





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment