Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

The story of Hikari and Artemis and of how a wild card and Dark and Krad came to be.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
"RI --- CRASH!!!” A 17 ½ year old girl with blonde hair yelled as she once again tripped on her skirt’s hemline.         
       “Riku, what happened --- Hikari, what have I told you about tripping on your skirt? It is very unbecoming.” Hikari’s younger sister, 17-year-old Risa Harada, scolded her.          
       “Well, if you would just let me wear pants or a shorter skirt, I wouldn’t be having this problem, now would I?” She retorted as she got up. Her long deep purple dress was very becoming of her slim, lanky figure. Unless you stood her next to Risa, you couldn’t tell that Hikari was 6’ 1”.          
       “Hikari, it’s no use. Nothing will make her budge. Now, come on. We’ll be late. And who wants to be late for their own birthday party?” Riku told the blonde. Riku’s dress was simple, a halter in a light blue color. It stopped at her knees, which made Hikari fume.       
        “Fine. Let’s go.” In the car to Risa and Riku’s 17th birthday party, there was a strained silence as Hikari drove down the road. She turned on the radio and tuned to a station she loved.        
        “We interrupt your music to announce that Phantom Thief Dark as appeared at the Purified Artifact Museum totally unexpected. He has dropped a note saying that he will steal the ‘Wings of the Angels’ pendant at midnight tonight. This has been an announcement ---zzgzh” The announcer said. Risa, for the rest of the ride, had a dreamy look on her face.    
      “Hikari, aren’t you coming with us?” Risa asked her when they arrived.       
        “Nope, you two have a ball. I’ll be back at 3 am to pick you guys up, ‘kay?” She told the twins. They nodded yes and rushed to meet everyone and have a good time. Hikari drove off to her favorite spot in Tokyo, the cliffs.     
    “This is pure calm.” She muttered to the wind. She stood on the cliffs with her hands curved over her bosom. The wind pushed her hair back and out behind her. Her dress swept behind her and she closed her eyes.        
        When she opened her eyes again, her watch was beeping 12 am. “Midnight…Dark.”      
    A silent figure watched her from behind, barely breathing, taking in her radiance. His violet eyes searched for something to focus on, not her. In a flash he could be gone; with a flap of his black wings, he would be gone, but something made him stay.       
          Hikari pulled a broken pendant out of her purse. It was an angel, or at least it had been. It had no halo or white wings and it was all sooty, even after 12 years. It was all she had left of her parents or her home. A fire had only spared her and the pendant. In the little dress, there was a concoction of pure heaven. She knew that if she drank it, she’d change. But right now, she could care less.        
        “With this, I’ll finally be rid of my life and no one would have to care about me…” Hikari mumbled to herself. The deep purple haired boy of 18 heard her and pulled out the pendant he had stolen.      
           “I wouldn’t do that, Hikari.” He said with a concern that was out of character for the thief. She turned around to see who had spoken.     
          “Why would you care, Dark Mousy? You’re just an art thief. I’m just a nuisance.” She said, looking out onto the ocean again.          
       “That’s not true, Hikari White. You aren’t a nuisance. But if you really want away, then by all means, go ahead. I won’t stop you.” Dark told her.       
         “It’s not that I want to die, I just rather have something or someone that I can turn into or to. Riku has Diasuke; Risa melts over you, but what about me? There’s Satoshi and Takeshi but they’re weird and Masahiro, who knows. I wish I could fly or something…” As she spoke, Dark looked at the pendant in his hands. He walked up to her and turned her so she was facing him.        
         “Here, take this and cast that one away. Want to fly, this’ll do the trick. Though, there are side-effects…” Dark told the blonde who looked at it in wonder.        
        “I’ll take it. I’ll think about it…” She spoke in a hushed tone. Dark cupped her chin and eased her face upward. Hikari looked into his eyes and melted. She couldn’t take her eyes of off him as his head slowly lowered to hers. Their lips met and took in the other’s warmth. “Dark… please take my old pendant. Maybe you can revive it….” She said, coming out of the kiss. Dark took the pendent and took off; the only remnant of him was a black feather, tucked in her hair.      
 
    “Hikari, why were you so late?!” Risa asked her when she picked them up.        
        “Something came up. The world doesn’t revolve around you Risa. We don’t all keep time tables of when someone is supposed to be somewhere. Get a life.” Hikari half blurted out, half told the truth. Risa looked at her appalled and threw herself into the backseat. Riku just shrugged.     
 
     Dark flew through the night sky pondering what Hikari had said. ‘Dark… please take my old pendant. Maybe you can revive it….’ He did not know what she had meant by it, but he could feel that the pendant had a very weak ‘pulse.’ He landed on the roof of his and Daisuke’s house and opened the glass door. He saw Daisuke’s chest rise up and down on the top bunk. Dark smirked and placed the broken pendant in his shirt drawer.       
         “I’ll see, Hikari, I’ll see.” He said to himself as he fell back onto his bunk.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment