Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - A Brother's Care

[SEQUAL TO SWEET GRIEF] Jeff Hardy is trying to get his feelings for his exlove Amy Swatson over with. He's just not feeling up for love so much anymore...but will that all change with his new tag team partner? [New version of No Place For Me]

Chapter 13 - A Brother's Care

Chapter 13 - A Brother's Care
 Chapter Thirteen: A Brother’s Care

A/N: Well, this is a short little chapter. It’s kind of OOC. But a small detour around the story. Next chapter will be back on topic.
By one in the morning, the Ball was over. Amy, Brooklyn, and John walked out into the parking lot.
 

“Well that was pretty fun eh?” John said taking off his mask.

“Yeah it was.” Brooklyn said “I’m glad I took Torrie. May be this time I can finally ask her out on a date for once…”

“Why wouldn’t you before?” Amy asked.

“Because I was too chicken-shoot to do so.” Brooklyn stated.

“Dude, it’s all good.” John told him. “I’ll ask her out for you.”

Brooklyn declined. “No thanks, I’m going to do it once the right time comes.”

“Good luck then.” John wished him.

“Thanks.” Brooklyn replied. “Anyways, where’s the other kid sister of mine?”

“I think she’s --”

Amy was cut short as Caria sped off pass everyone. Chasing her was Jeff. She was giggling and chanting from a far “You can’t get me! You can’t get me!”

“Oh yeah?” Jeff responded to her. “Watch me!”

Amy blinked. “Uh, I think I found her…”

Jeff caught her, embracing her tightly. He then picked her up in the air and spun Caria in circles.

Meeting up with the others, Jeff let Caria down as John said “Seems like you two are having tons of fun.”

“Yes we are.” Caria said. “Hey Brook, I was wondering if Jeff could come a long with us for tonight?”

“Sure, I don’t care.” Brooklyn mumbled.

“Thanks.” Caria thanked him cheerfully.

Walking ahead to the car, Jeff asked Caria “Why’d you have to ask him?”

“Well one, only in respect that he’s my older brother and paying for a lot of our needs when we travel on the road. I mean, we all put in our own part but he chips in the most. Getting more travelers only means more money to spend and another mouth to feed. And two, he still treats me like I was a little kid. And you know how older brothers get when it comes to guys and their little sisters.” Caria explained.

“Oh I see…” Jeff understood.
xXx

“I thought you didn’t want Caria getting too close to Jeff?” John said.

“I agree Brook, what’s going on?” Amy backed John up.

“She’s a big girl, and I need to start loosening up. A piece of his dirty blonde bangs fell over his right eye. He brushed it away. “We’re all older now. She can make her own decisions.”

Walking slowly, he followed Jeff and Caria; leaving John and Amy in the state of wonder.

“This is most concerning…” Amy said watching Brooklyn stroll off. “I’ve never seen my brother act this way before.”

“May be he’s just realizing something for the greater good.” John guessed

One can only hope…’ Amy thought.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment