Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Suicide Mission

A small boy has stolen some very important blueprints from the Kingdom of Aquios, and the Queen wants them back.It's up to Nel and Albel to survive in an uncharted dragon nesting ground and retrieve the blueprints. AlbelNel

Chapter 1 - A Suicide Mission

Chapter 1 - A Suicide Mission


Hi everybody! This story got some pretty good reviews on some of the other sites I've posted it on, so I figured, Why not share the love?! :P. Anyways, As you're soon to find out, I'm and AlbelxNel junkie and love to write about them! I hope you enjoy this story, as there is many more chapters to come!



Peace, MelanieStar



Chapter 1

A Suicide Mission



It's been 3 months since they had defeated Luther.



After his defeat, most of the party members had gone their separate ways, only to be called back together 3 months later by none other then, Clair.



Fayt, Maria, Sophia, Cliff, Mirage, and Nel all showed up for a meeting in the conference room shortly after word got out that they were needed in Arias. Albel had been called too, but naturally he didn't think he should grace them all with his presence.



Once they (excluding Albel) were all seated around the large table, Clair told them of the situation.



A small boy from the Kingdom of Aquios had run away from the castle a few days ago. He was just a normal child of 12 years, but before the boy had fled, he had stolen some blueprints for Aquios' backup weapon supply, as unlikely as it sounded.



-“But why would the kid steal those blueprints? I doubt he was old enough to realize what he had when he got his hands on them.” Fayt interrupted.



-“We did some research on this child's record once we got an idea of what he looked like from some of the villagers. His family does live in Aquarian territory and we located his home and family. He has two younger sisters and a mother, the father had died as a soldier in the war between Airyglyph and Aquios. After speaking with the mother for awhile, we could tell that she was very sick and that she was having a hard time finding food for her family.”



Clair sighed and closed her eyes. “We are to assume that the boy, Michael, stole the blueprints, thinking he could sell them elsewhere for a high sum of fol and get his mother help for her disease.” She opened her eyes and looked at each of the people who were sitting around the table. “I know that this isn't your problem, and I know that you're not obligated to help us but...” She glanced back at Cliff and Fayt. “I know what all of you are capable of, and I wouldn't put it past you to be able to find this boy and bring him back to us.”



The room went silent, for a minute, then Cliff broke the silence by punching his two hands together.



-“No problem-o! We'll find the kid for ya, don't sweat it.”



Clair looked to everyone else and saw that they were all smiling in agreement. Clair closed her eyes and smiled. `I knew I could count on these guys...'

-“There's still one thing I don't understand Clair.” All heads turned to Nel.



-“What is it?”



-“Why do we need Albel the Wicked to come with us? It's not like we're trying to assassinate the kid or anything, and it shouldn't be that hard to track him down.” Nel stated and crossed her arms as if she had proven her point.

Sure the war between Airyglyph and Aquios was over, and Albel had proven to be a useful ally against Luther, but Nel still didn't like that man. He gave her the chills by just looking at her! No way was she going to let him tag along and annoy her to death unless there was a damn good reason for it.



Clair smiled. “That question brings us to the second installment of this mess.” Nel uncrossed her arms and waited for an explanation. “We got a report this morning that a civilian had spotted a small boy run into a uncharted cave off to the west of Airyglyph. I sent a few of our men into the cave to look for him, but they fled from it only an hour upon venturing in.” Clair sighed and flicked a dew bangs out of her eyes. “They were all suffering from severe flesh wounds and had some terrible burns all over their bodies.”



Sophia gasped. “You don't mean...”



-“Dragons.” Nel muttered more to herself then anyone else.



-“Yes, that's right. It seems that the cave is in fact a nesting ground for some dragons. That is why I wanted Albel Nox to accompany you. I'm sure he is much more experienced with dragons then the average soldier.”



Everyone sighed. Yes, this was indeed going to make things a lot more difficult.



-“So now we're not only trying to find the boy, Michael, who has the blueprints, but now we also need to protect him from the dragons that reside in that cave?” Mirage spoke up, stating the obvious.



-“Yeah, protect him unless he's already been reduced to a pile of--” Fayt said but cut off when Maria elbowed him in the side, whispering a harsh:



-“Don't even go there Fayt!”



Nel was still lost in the ranting of her own thoughts. `I guess this means we're going to have to bring Nox with us.' She sighed. `Apris save me...'



-“So,” Clair said loudly, once again gaining silence all around the table. “I have stationed two of our soldiers at each of the exits from the cave so if Michael gets out by himself, we'll have him. I've also got a doctor at the entrance and each of the exits in case any of you need immediate healing.”



Everyone nodded and stood up after Clair. She saluted them and led them out of the conference room. Once outside, she led them all to a horse drawn carriage.



-“Tynane and Farleen will be transporting you all to the cave's entrance, please climb in.”



Fayt, Sophia, Mirage, Cliff, and Maria all got into the large carriage. Nel was about to climb in after Maria but Clair held her back.



-“Nel, I need you to go and get Albel Nox for me.”



Nel sighed. “Any why, may I ask, are you asking me to go get him by myself?”



-“Well, because you seem to be the only person among all you friends that stands up to him. You may not realize it, but Albel listens to you.” Nel snorted. “No, listen to me! He's never easy to convince about anything, but he does give in sometimes, and that's usually when you ask him.”



Nel closed her eyes in frustration. “Clair, you're asking me to go on a suicide mission.” she said calmly. Clair smiled.



-“It's not a suicide mission. I know he wouldn't hurt you...Don't look at me like that Nel! You've been on missions that were loads more dangerous than this! I'll even get a soldier to accompany you, and then he'll lead you and Albel to the cave. Okay?”



Nel glared at her friend. “No, it's not okay, but I'll do this anyways. You're gonna owe me big when I get back.”



Clair smiled and patted Nel on the back. “Excuse me.” she called and waved to a soldier who was standing nearby. He hurried over to her.



-“Yes ma'am?”



-“I'd like you to accompany Lady Nel to Airyglyph's headquarters to get Albel Nox. Once he is in you company, please escort them both to the dragon's nesting grounds we found this morning. That will be all.” Clair said and saluted the soldier.



-“Yes Lady Clair.” the soldier saluted.



Clair turned back to Nel and smiled. “Be careful, Nel.”



Nel gave her an uneasy look. “Easier said then done.” Nel then turned to the soldier and gave him an unenthusiastic wave. “C'mon you, let's get going.” She then turned around and started walking in the direction of what she thought was her doom.



-“Y-yes ma'am!” replied the rather confused soldier and quickly caught up to walk beside Nel.



Clair watched her go and sighed. `I know she'll be just fine. Albel won't let anything happen to her, I know he won't.'

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment