Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Why does the rain fall?

Metal sits outside in yet another storm, questioning why it always seems to rain in his prescence now-a-days. Interestedly, Sonic comes around and for once, they manage to talk to each other instead of trying to kill each other...

Chapter 1 - Why does the rain fall?

Chapter 1 - Why does the rain fall?

The night sky was blanketed by dark black clouds that rained drops of water onto the earth, while thunder clapped and broke the silence, and lightning streaked through the heavens. This had seemed to go on for awhile, more and more rain....it's as though it constantly did that in the prescence of the figure that sat upon a rooftop of one of the many buildings in the city. The creature's piercing crimson eyes watched the heavens, and ignored the fact it was soaking wet. A storm seemed to follow him...it never seemed to stop anymore...he rose and walked over to the edge of the building, glancing down at the city streets. Most people had taken to the dry shelter of their homes....only the few who weren't bothered by the water falling down from the sky stayed about.

The figure gave a mental frown when he heard the sound of the door that led onto the roof open. Digital red eyes looked over a silver shoulder to see Sonic...the blue blur....the hero...The creature turned completely to face the blue streak, and at that moment, a flash of lightning illuminated the owner of the glimmering eyes. An android, his body silver and azure in color, his body mimicking Sonic's appearance, only robotized. The machine glared at the living blue hedgehog, but he did not show signs of wanting to fight. On the contrary, he glanced away and returned to sitting. Sonic blinked, and walked over to the metallic hedgehog, sitting beside him. Metal's robotic ears twitched as the other spoke. "Yo, Metal head...what the heck has gotten into you?Normally you'd be trying to kill me right now...."

"You'd be surprised in saying I have no desire to kill you right now...I am currently wondering about a few things..." Metal's monotone reply came, and Sonic tilted his head in a childish curiosity. "What are you wondering about?" he questioned, still a little cautious of the fact the robot, who could easily reach over and snap his neck, was talking to him as though he was not an enemy. This was the first time he was ever close enough to Metal, and wasn't kicking the tin-can's backside. The eyes traveled on black panels and gazed at Sonic for a moment, before they turned to watch the cloudy and raining heavens above. "Such as why rain seems to follow me...why it feels the need to hover above me constantly...and also, why you are sitting this close to me and haven't tried to push me off the building." his deep voice broke the small bit of silence that had developed for a millisecond.

"Hmmm..." Sonic said, thinking slightly, as if to think of an answer for his robotic copy. "Rain is used to describe sadness, cleansing of the spirit...maybe it's because you're becoming less evil...but you just don't realize it...it's a guess." he answered, shrugging almost unnoticedly.

Metal's pupils disappeared, his eyes 'closed', as he thought about the less evil comment. "You think I'm starting to become...dare I say it....good?" Metal asked, spitting out the word 'good' like posion. "Well...you haven't tried destroying the world, killing me, going on mass-murdering sprees and so on...I think that would classify as either losing interest in evil...or becoming good." The azure living hedgehog pointed out. Metal blinked, realizing he was right, and cringed away.

"Plus the fact you aren't following orders from Egghead. You have the ability to choose your alignment, what you do...to have free will to be yourself instead of a puppet. Ya know?" Sonic explained, trying to let the robot understand. The android kept silent, as if contemplating this. Sonic stood, wringing out his quills and started heading to the door to turn inside. "Wait." he stopped, emerald eyes falling onto the robot. "What if I were to...be good?" Metal questioned, having risen up to stand and gazed at the hero in curiousity.

"I would welcome you as a friend...we wouldn't have to fight anymore...you would have friends instead of enemies...you'd fight to save people instead of hurt them..." Sonic told the machine that stood before him. Metal's eyes wondered downwards..."You really...would accept me like that?....After all that fighting...all those battles? All those nefarious plans to dominate the world?" he said, and noticed his living counterpart offered his hand in friendship. "Of course! As long as you don't go all maniacal again, then I would gladly call you a friend." he said, eyes closed happily for a moment before they revealed themselves once again.

The robot gazed at the hand, and  his silver clawed hand cautiously reached out....

Maybe...Maybe good is better than evil...maybe I can actually help people...Maybe....I don't have to control the world...

Metal thought this as he accepted the hand, and Sonic gave his signature grin. "Nice to know you finally came to be Good, you old tin-head you." he said, giving a small chuckle. "Come on, I'll introduce you to Tails. Knowing you, you'd probably actually understand most of his computer talk! Come on!" Sonic said, opening the door and heading inside. Metal paused for a moment, looking at the sky...he realized then that the rain had finally stopped...he gave a mental grin, before he followed his living counterpart inside, disappearing from the rooftop.

(My first story...I wondered what would happen if Metal actually became a good guy. Go good Metal! I would love the comments, but I will sick evil Metal on those who flame.)

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ChristLover on May 4, 2009, 10:17:52 PM

ChristLover on
ChristLoverWow! I love it! Very, VERY good writing style with lots of style.