Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A new name

Based off of a RPG my friends and I used to play. It's mostly about cats and how cats and dogs are worst enemies. But I hope you enjoy it. Please Comment.


Chapter 2 - A new name

Chapter 2 - A new name
The day was wet. Strom clouds formed sending buckets of rain onto the people who walked around the ground below. The streets were filled with the noise of the everyday traffic and nobody seemed to care about a small white kitten making her way towards a pile of garbage near a curb. A flash of lightning hitting off a crystal that was embedded in her head.

Nobody seemed to care that this kitten was only a few weeks old. She was alone. Alone, in a world that was cruel and unforgiving. A world that she would spend her entire life alone.

Memories of her brother's and sister's cries were silenced by a howl from their killer. A memory of her mother's worlds fading away like the sun during the dusk. The memory of wanting revenge. Revenge she knew she'd never forget until she knew she had completed the task.

Finding no food in the pile, the kitten's next idea was to search for something else. Walking closely towards the walls of the building, to make sure she wasn't stepped on, she made her way sniffing once in a while at a small hole. She wasn't going to wait for a mouse, who hadn't caught on with the world, to poke it's head out. She knew she'll be waiting forever.

She turned down a dark alley way seeing people who lived in cardboard boxes stick their heads out seeing what just entered their teritory. The kitten had been around there for a while, and knew that they wouldn't do anything towards her as long as she kept a fair distance away.

She rounded the corner and froze. The hairs on the back of her neck pricked up. Her nose scrunched down smelling the odor of a wet dog. The smell wasn't the same smell that ruined her life a few weeks earlier. It was different. A Rotrwiller smell. She spun around and saw the creature, tall and black, standing tauntingly in the entrance.

"What are you doing here, cat?" He asked his voice matched his apperience.

"Why should you care," the kitten asked her hissing mixing into her words. "I'm not bothering you am I?"

"No, but you've just crossed my teritory for the last time."

"What are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know..." the Rotrwiller was playing with her. She knew he was. "How about..." He lunged at her. The kitten had barely enough time to jump out of the way and land next to the way, in which she simply spun around watching as the dog slid to a stop and twist his menicing head towards the cat. "You're a lot smarter then the last time we fought."

"We didn't fight last time. You're master called you before you had a chance."

"Oh, well then I'll just ignore my master for this one time and finally get rid of you once and..."

The dog began to whine hidiously and as the cat saw, the dog had a pink blur moving extremely fast around his body. The white kitten stared in amazement at such speed.

"Vegas, stop eating Cat Nip and get over here!" The scream came from the blur.

"Alright...*hic*...sis. What ever you...*hic*...say." A purple cat drunkenly fell out of a tiped over dumpster. "Have no fear...Vegas is..." Vegas looked at the kitten and did a drunk smile. "Why hello, my dear...how could I be of assi*hic*tance?"

"VEGAS OVER HERE!" The purple cat slugishily turned his head towards the pink cat who was now backed up into a corner striking at the dog if it dare came closer.

"Coming," Vegas blinked his eyes and made his way stumbling here and there. "How, Arora...I didn't know you had a twin sister."

"I don't you fool!" Arora was now on top of the dog's head clawing and biting where ever she could reach. A few seconds later the dark Rotwriller was yellping down the alley way and out of sight leaving the pink cat panting. "Where was Cosmo when you needed him?"

"Oh, he was at home remember? *Hic* he was taking care of his *hic* wounds."

"Right and that ment that you need to spend less time getting drunk off of cat nip and spend more time helping me when I need you." Arora walked towards the confused kitten that stood there blinking to make sure she wasn't dreaming. "Who are you?" Arora asked looking as puzzled.

The white cat shrugged. "I don't have a name. Do I need one?"

"Do you want a name?" Arora asked glaring at Vegas who was now flirting with a mop head that had stuck itself on the wall.

"Well, I think it would be good." The cat said with smile. "So what name should I have?"

"Don't look at me. I came up with my name myself." Arora said shaking off the rain from her fur. "Look at this flower," Arora bent her head down and the white cat saw a shimmer of a crystal that was shaped like a flower.

"You have a crystal too?" Exclaimed the white cat. "How is that possible?"

"I was born with it. My low-excuse-for-a-brother there also has one. A moon. It's quiet weird where he picked up his name though."

"I saw it on a bill board *Hic* and it had...'What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas'" Vegas hiced once more before passing out a few feet away from the two girls.

"Do you mind helping me?" Arora asked taking Vegas' scruff and pulling at it. "He's heavier then he looks."

"Uh, sure." Arora helped place Vegas on the cat's back. "So, where did you get your name?" The cat asked as they were now walking carefully down the alley. "I mean, how did you get Arora out of that flower you have?"

"I don't know." Arora said truthfully. "I guess I thought it would be cool to have a name Arora. I mean, that's the name I'm planning on giving my first girl if I ever get kids." Arora fell silent and stopped right as a jogger ran past them wearing Nike shoes. "Ni...Nikki...Nikki." Arora turned to face the cat. "How about we call you Nikki?"

"I love it." Nikki said with a smile. "Does that mean I'm in your...group?"

"What do you mean group? My brother and I aren't in no group. Well, technically we are since we both have crystals on our heads. Sure what the heck."

"Sweet. Uh...Arora?"

"What's up Nikki?"

"Why are we heading in a dead end?"

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MiaEmber on January 3, 2008, 10:44:44 AM

MiaEmber on
MiaEmberI know it's a stupid way to end a chapter but I had to finish. Please comment.

umitara on January 5, 2008, 7:16:15 AM

umitara on
umitaraI thought it rocked.

KarenHimura on January 4, 2008, 9:44:06 AM

KarenHimura on
KarenHimurai thought it was a funny ending. i liked it.