Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Home

Based off of a RPG my friends and I used to play. It's mostly about cats and how cats and dogs are worst enemies. But I hope you enjoy it. Please Comment.


Chapter 4 - Home

Chapter 4 - Home
Nikki jogged for a mile, or it seemed like it, before she saw a large hill with dozens of small holes spattered around. A lot of them it glowed. To Nikki it was a human home, with their lights on at night making the city glow. But here there were no wooden pools with black strings anywhere near the place.

"Welcome to your new home Nikki." Cosmo said popping up beside her. "I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this, place. We recently got an opening."

"How?" Nikki asked, semi-afraid of what he was going to tell her.

"Don't worry about it." Cosmo wasn't going to tell her. She knew something bad must of happened to the cat that previously owned the spot.

As they drew closer towards the mound Nikki saw cats of all shapes and sizes jumping out of the holes and running towards Cosmo and the others. Nikki saw fear in their eyes as they ran. Cosmo lept and met them only a few feet away from where he jumped.

"What's wrong?" Cosmo barked. "What happend?"

"It's Julie." One of the cats said. "She's giving birth right now and we don't know what to do?"

"Did you leave her with someone?" It was Nikki who spoke. Since she was a street cat a lot of times she would learn interesting things from the older ones while she would roam the alleys and streets.

"No."

"Idiots. She might be having problems...Where's her room?" The cats looked at Cosmo who was looking at her. "Show me please?" The cats darted towards the holes and single file entered the domain. The place was huge even though it looked small from the outside, but Nikki couldn't stop and look around.

The cats led Nikki down a long semi-steep slope and then turned right. A brown tabby lay in pain on her side and Nikki rushed over towards her. "You're Julie right?" The cat nodded but then winced as the pain continued to increase.

"Who are you?" The cat managed to say before hissing. "Get away from me."

"My name is Nikki." And Nikki poked the cat's stomach. Her eyes narrowed and poked it again. The cats around her were woundering what she was doing until.

A soft squeak filled the room and little by little more squeaks followed. The cats around came and saw five kittens all moving around and covered in slime making Vegas really dizzy. Nikki smiled and so did Julie who began to wash her newly born kits.

"Wow." Cosmo said stepping beside Nikki. "How did ya do that?"

"One of the kits were blocking the way out so I just kind of popped him out so that the rest could. And I didn't like the idea of her dying now. That would mean you'll have to look for another cat to take her place."

Cosmo nodded. He was beginning to like Nikki, as a friend. He knew that Nikki was a good member of the clan. "Alright," He said turning to face the rest of the cats who were looking at each other. "Let's welcome the newest member of our family, Nikki." The cats cheered even Julie cheered with her kits.

Nikki smiled and new she was in a good place. She knew she was home.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MiaEmber on March 9, 2008, 1:02:42 AM

MiaEmber on
MiaEmberStupid chapter sorry.