Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Takeo

Song of the Tigers is about a group of people who are trying to save their world by a man named Takeo. It's about TIGERS all different types of them. Hope you enjoy and please comment.

Chapter 1 - Takeo

Chapter 1 - Takeo
The stars twinkled silently in the night. Their soft glow seemed useless in the moonless night. The leaves on the black pavement floated across the black river while cars were parked unmoving on the side of the road. Flashing blue lights looked distant inside a dark home on the end of a very long street. Suddenly two long shadows brushed past the dark street. The stars were the only light available. The stars brushed against what seemed like fur, orange and green?

A shadowy house stood glowing in the moon light giving the home a ghostly sight to it. A tall black iron gate stood guarding the home. The two shadows paused at the gate and looked at their destination. The gate stood taunting at the shadows to make their move. But no matter what the shadows did, the gate could only stand and let them. Carefully they crawled under the gate, leaving their dust waiting , which circled until it settled back to the earth for which it belonged.

The door creaked open as if the house was expecting them. The two shadows walked in cautiously and the door squeaked to a close behind them. The entry was dark and musty to the smell. Then a low growl erupted from one of the shadows, distinguishing that it was a tiger’s growl. However it wasn’t the roar of anger but of fear. For in front of them, in the middle of a rounding staircase was a shattered chandelier.

The house they were in was known as the White Walker’s Mansion. The house was haunted. It murdered every family who moved in and owned it. The family however died in a devastating way. Insanity was the cause of so many souls that died here. The chandelier was the signiture mark of death. Because of that, nobody had owned the house since.

“Come on,” a voice of a female broke the silence. “We didn’t come here to look at that broken chandelier.”

“Alright,” another voice answered calmly, but it was male. “Be careful, we don’t want to wake them up.” On soft padded feet, the two tiger shadows tiptoed their way towards a flight of stairs that was on the far left side of the room. It led to the basement where thousand of priceless antiques lay untouched for a life time.

The steps were stone so it was cool to the tiger’s paws but they didn’t mind the coolness of the stones. They continued to walk down until they reached the bottom. A door lay in splinters at the tiger’s feet, making each of them take caution as they walked beneath the stone doorway.

The hallway was surprisingly lit up, when there were no windows or torches to light the path. It was just cobbled stone with small rubies trapped inside. The rubies were giving the light. The light lit up the tiger’s eyes making them look like rubies themselves.

“Earth,” the male tiger hissed as he stopped at a door which was slightly opened. The female, Earth, turned around and watched as the male disappeared into the door.

“Saber,” Earth hissed back and followed closely behind the other. “What are you doing?”

Saber turned to look at Earth with a look of patience. Not to him, but to her. “I just want to know if she hadn’t wakened up yet.” He walked over to a stretched box and sniffed it. “Nothing’s wrong here. She’s still not going anywhere…but one couldn’t help but to be cautious.”

“Great, now let’s get our job done.” Earth turned around when she caught the sight of a giant ruby that was radiating a soft red light. “Looks like the slaves are still asleep,” but she didn’t wait for Saber to reply. He turned around and didn’t even look at the ruby. He wasn’t interested.

They walked further down the hall when they reached a lonely doorframe on the wall at the end. Earth was the first to enter and Saber was closely afterward.
The room was large, as if it was built to be a master bedroom. It was a bedroom though. Not to a person but a enormous brass framed mirror, which leaned up against the cobble stone wall. Earth stalked up and got a better glance at the mirror. It was a regular mirror. It had sapphires, rubies, and even green gems implanted in a everlasting pattern. The glass was a pasty green and not really transparent.

Saber walked up to the mirror and ,as if he was looking at a specimen at the zoo, peered down into the milky sea. A faint figure emerged from the deepness of the mirror and became clear. The figure was a man with midnight hair and pale skin. The greenness gave his skin a green tint to them, which made Earth shiver and puff up her fur. “You want to come out, huh?” Saber asked nearly pressing his nose towards the cold surface. His faint reflection smiled. “Not today and not ever.” He turned around and heard his name being called. He froze but ignored the whisper and walked out of the room with Earth at his heels. “He’s still trapped. Let’s keep it that way.” He looked back at Earth who nodded in a silent agreement.

Reaching the top step, the rays of the sun shot through the broken glass, causing mounds of dust come to life after their night sleep. Saber’s eyes rolled. They couldn’t go out in their forms. They must change into something common to see. He groaned and walked to the door. Opening it and stepping outside, he began to shrink in size to resemble a white and orange tabby. Earth followed his example and she came out into the sun as a mud brown tabby. Saber watched as a few early morning strangers begin their boring everyday lives.

Earth and Saber walked over to the gate and slide gracefully underneath it. They barely missed death by a black SUV which sped down the neighborhood streets. “Humans,” Saber spat. He jumped on the curb and Earth on the sidewalk. “Be careful.” He meowed and rubbed a goodbye hug before getting his tail stepped on by an absent minded jogger. He hissed and but the jogger continued to jog taking no notice to the angry cat. Without saying another word Saber, still angry at the jogger, sprinted across the neighborhood streets leaving Earth alone on the sidewalk.


In cute sky blue overalls, Lucia Yamamoto, rolled over a freshly cut grass in her new front yard. Even though it was early, she was full of energy and loved life. Her natural blue hair pulled in two dangling braided pigtails. Her pale face slightly covered by a light shade of pink giving an innocent look to any child snatcher in the area. Luckily nothing happened.

Earth walked further until she could feel her paws bleeding beneath her. She wasn’t used to all the walking. She saw the green lawn, in which Lucia was playing on. Earth paid no attention to Lucia. She just invited herself to sit on the grass and lick her sore, not bleeding, feet. She purred as she began to feel relieved by the pain then she felt herself being picked up by something. Lucia, who watched as Earth sat herself near her, held Earth in a deathly hug.

“Hey, sissy, look what I caught.” Lucia stumbled towards a cute white house. Earth struggled to get free from the little girl. She hissed but Lucia didn’t let go. A tall teenager walked out to the front door and stopped Lucia before she brought Earth into the house.

“Lucia,” the teenager said with a small smile. “Let the cat go.”

“No,” the stubborn child replied. Earth groaned and swore under her breath. “It’s my cat, I found it.” Earth rolled her cat eyes in her head and let out a painful meow.

“Lucia, you’re hurting it.”

“But, Ginger,” Lucia began, but the look that Ginger was giving her, she knew that the cat had to go. “Okay. But can we at least get it some breakfast first?”

Ginger wanted to say no but; Lucia gave her a puppy eyed pout. “Okay, but only if it wants some.” Once Lucia set Earth back down on the cement and Earth took off running towards freedom.


Back down in the deathly bitter basement. In the room with the large mirror, the figure inside shot his coal-black eyes open.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

zerotimberwolf on January 7, 2008, 6:47:18 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfHmmm not bad at all