Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Disintegration

This is an AU of the episode Hard Drive Courage with some huge changes. You don’t need to have seen the episode to understand the story though. This is also CourageXComputer slash so stay away if you don’t like slash.

Chapter 4 - Disintegration

Chapter 4 - Disintegration
‘Look around just people, can you hear their voice
Find the one who'll guide you to the limits of your choice.’-From the song Gravity Of Love


Chapter 4

Disintegration

Courage spent the at least the next twenty minutes arguing with The Computer who’d made up his mind about following Courage and wasn’t letting him go off on his own. Despite Courage’s hopeless protests and constant arguing The Computer wasn’t backing off. At the moment he was a few steps behind Courage, arms crossed as always. Courage himself had given up hope of getting rid of his computer so...he was just going to let him follow then.

“Why do you want to follow me around so badly for?” Courage asked angrily.

“That’s none of your business.”

“Stop telling me that!” He was so sick of listening to the uncaring tone in his voice.

“It doesn’t matter, besides your still being incredibly stupid. Your heading deeper into the corruption, do you want the virus to pick us off? The virus is bound to be in this area with all the corruption.”

Courage clenched his teeth in anger. “Wherever the virus is Muriel should be there right? And unlike you I have no idea where I’m going!”

The Computer sighed like Courage was the stupidest person alive. “The virus wouldn’t have your owner near it, if your hurt by the corruption that means she can be too so it would very likely be keeping her out of badly corrupted areas and even though you don’t know your way around here it’s a bit easy to tell your getting near the virus and worse danger when you can see the corruption is get worse. Use logic you stupid twit.”

Courage wanted to scream now. “Stop calling me stupid! If your gonna follow me around you need to be...”

He was interrupted by The Computer who spoke, “What? Nice? I don’t think so! If you haven’t noticed all this is your fault!” At first he seemed angry but suddenly he didn’t seem so well anymore, not at all. He gazed downward...almost sadly. “I’m going to die...thanks to you.”

“I think...once I find Muriel I might be able to help, there must be a way to get rid of the virus.” Courage spoke. “Besides, you never listen to me! Why did you download that if you knew there could be the possibility of there being a virus? It isn’t the first time you haven’t done what I said.”

“What happened to ‘Do as I say or I’ll throw you into a junk yard!’ or ‘I’ll throw you out the window!’ I only downloaded it because it was something very small, the probability of there being a virus on it was nearly zero so I didn’t think there was going to be any danger and...it wasn’t worth getting you angry over.” The Computer said nothing else as he passed Courage, the hall they were taking seemed to be endless now...they’d been walking down since Courage had teamed up with the machine.

Courage himself said nothing as he caught up with him, he knew...it really was his fault. Muriel was in the virus’s clutches just because he wouldn’t take the time to download some stupid virus protection.

He sighed softly stopping and gazing at the glowing form that was his computer “Hey...I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for any of this to happen...”

The Computer didn’t stop. “You don’t really mean it anyway, your just a stupid liar. Well...it’s too late to be sorry now anyway...far too late...”

“Why’s it too late?” Courage couldn’t help but ask, he felt dread fill his heart when he’d said it was ‘far too late’

“Because...I can’t be sa...Ugh It doesn’t matter! Just leave me alone and...and no I will not stop calling you stupid because in the end you really are! You can’t change that! Your just...” Suddenly a rumbling shook the ground. For a few moments Courage thought he was going to be knocked over by the shaking.

“What’s going on!” He yelped as another hard rumbling shook the world around him.

The Computer seemed just as lost as him for awhile before murmuring an “Oh, no...”

“What the hecks going on!” Courage yelled once more, this time he lost his balance and hit the ground with a soft ‘thud’

“We gotta go! Now!” The Computer yelled. “ Don’t just sit there! Run!”

The Computer was already far ahead of Courage before he got back up from the fall, he gazed down the corridor they’d just come from...much to his horror the whole thing was disintegrating as the green ‘corruption’ was eating away at the computer chip like walls. The corridor was disappearing at insane speeds, the green glowing color was taking its place.

Courage didn’t waste another second to take off down the other end of the hall, screaming like the cowardly dog he was. The corruption on the other hand was gaining on him, speeding up with every second.

“Oh, no! Oh, no!” He screamed as the green made its way up to him just a few steps behind.

It only took a few more seconds for it to finally catch up with him, the walls and the floor disintegrated around him and the green hit his feet...

The disintegrating stopped only a few feet ahead of him...as if his bad luck could only get worse, the constant rumbling stopped as well but he didn’t notice at the moment. His body hit the floor as pain washed over him...it only increased more once the rest of his body hit the ground. He felt like he was on fire, fiery pain coursed through his veins, through his very being. He could do nothing but squeeze his eyes shut, his arms and legs flailed wildly, his mouth was open in a silent scream yet no one knew the pain he was in. He didn’t notice the buzzing, the same buzzing he had heard back when he had been trying to figure what was going on and when he’d gotten that message from The Computer.

He was going to die...that was it he was going to die. The pain would not cease yet he couldn’t gather enough of himself to get up and get out of the corruption...and just then he felt a hand clasp his arm and pull him out, the pain and the buzzing all stopped at once.

He lay gasping for air on the computer chip like floor, the pain was gone but a deep throbbing remained. He couldn’t get his body to stop shaking, it had been as though he’d just been electrocuted.

He heard The Computer’s voice. “Now you know how I feel.”

“You saved me...” Courage said gazing up at the glowing, featureless, being.

“Don’t think of it as ‘saving’ it was just something I had to do. The whole right and wrong thing...of course I could have just left you there to suffer my same fate.”

...Then the rumbling picked up again and the green began to consume the corridor again. Courage felt dread fill his heart again, there was no way he could run right now.

This time he felt himself get picked up. “What are you doing?” Courage spoke but before he could answer he felt himself get thrown just a little farther down the corridor and he watched as the green stopped just inches from the spot he had been thrown to. He’d been thrown just hard enough to miss the corruption...but the buzzing filled the air again.

“Computer!”

Unlike Courage, The Computer did not fall to the floor. He just stood there unmoving, there was no way for Courage to reach him so he had no idea what to do.

The buzzing grew louder...

Courage remembered the pain, the fiery pain. How the hell was he still standing, Courage couldn’t believe his computer...

The buzzing...Courage felt the awful pain...it was like he was living it all over again, how was he standing. The buzzing...why isn’t he collapsing like Courage had, how could he stand the pain.

...And then Courage gasped as The Computer somehow how took a step. The buzzing seemed to grow louder in protest. Another step was taken...

Another...

And Another...

Courage watched as The Computer slowly made his way across the terrible glowing green, where Courage had failed he had succeeded...

The buzzing stopped again as The Computer finally made it. He took a few more steps ahead of Courage before collapsing to the ground.

Courage knelt down beside him. “You’re a lot stronger then I thought.”

“I just...didn’t want to look weak in front of you, but I never want to do that again.” The Computer spoke, he slowly made his way into a sitting position.

“Are you going to be okay? How...how did you do that?”

“You know what the humans say ‘do or die’ really do or...die.”

“We should get out of here before the same thing happens again. You were right about not traveling around in corrupted areas.”

“You are correct but...don’t call me strong anymore. If I really was I would have been able to get rid of the virus, now I’m not even sure what to do anymore...”

End Chapter

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment