Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Things Not Being Told

This is an AU of the episode Hard Drive Courage with some huge changes. You don’t need to have seen the episode to understand the story though. This is also CourageXComputer slash so stay away if you don’t like slash.

Chapter 5 - Things Not Being Told

Chapter 5 - Things Not Being Told
“You always admire what you really don't understand.”

Chapter 5

Things Not Being Told

The rumbling continued on and off for at least the next half hour. Thankfully no more of there walkway disappeared but the green spots seemed to be becoming more common. Courage wondered if he was somehow still going deeper into corruption...or maybe it was getting worse everywhere.

The Computer didn’t comment about it, he was not the same anymore. He hadn’t spoken a word since they’d escaped the corruption. He seemed tired now, it was very likely the virus’s work if the corruption was growing this fast. Courage couldn’t even imagine what it was like for him, even more so watching his body be destroyed by that awful green.

Was he suffering? Was every green spot of corruption really in turn hurting him? If there was one thing for sure he wasn’t going to admit it, especially not to Courage.

Courage really didn’t like this, walking around in silence with his computer. He knew him for being talkative and commenting on everything in cynical way but now having him completely silent just felt...odd.

Finally after what felt like days they came to another large opening just like the one Courage had been in before. It seemed everything consisted of long pathways and large box like openings, how far and long did some of these paths go? Would he ever be able to find Muriel like this?

The rumbling began again, this time as hard as before and Courage watched as the corridor they’d just come through completely disappeared in green. He gasped weakly as the corruption continued into the room.

The Computer silently rased his hand and much to Courage’s surprise a considerable amount of wall collapsed over the progressing green, at first it looked like it had stopped the corruption but a few seconds later corruption began to seep through the broken pieces of wall engulfing it too.

The Computer suddenly gripped his arm painfully and Courage remembered any damage done to the world around him affected The Computer. “Didn’t know why I thought that would work.” The Computer sighed. “It wasn’t worth damaging more of myself but at least that slowed it down for awhile.”

“Are you okay?” Courage asked.

“No, I’m not okay. I won’t be okay until...” He suddenly shivered. “It...it doesn’t matter...”

“Okay, what’s going on? You keep on not finishing your sentences and then telling me it doesn’t matter. What are you hiding from me? Is that why your following me around? You better tell me what it is!” Courage felt anger rise inside him. He was keeping something from him and for all Courage knew it could be something important.

“It’s...nothing, really...” The Computer seemed...sad. “It doesn’t have anything to do with you. It doesn’t matter...really it doesn’t.”

“You better not be tricking me.”

“Look around you! Do you think I’d be tricking you with all this happening!”

Suddenly a howl filled the room...

Courage turned around to the left to see...another snake thing heading up from the pathway. It was too late it had already seen them... It lunged at The Computer, it was still reprogrammed to attack him instead of protect.

Courage didn’t know what he was doing, he suddenly felt himself just forward in front of the deadly piece of hardware and before it could get it’s teeth around The Computer it got Courage instead.

He felt himself get rased into the air, the mouth was clamped down hard on him. It’s teeth daggered painfully into his body, he thought he was going to be crushed any minute. It felt as though his bones were about to crack in too as the jaw grew tighter around him.

The snake seemed to realize Courage was not The Computer and without hesitation it flung him across the room, he hit the wall with a painful thud and then fell to the floor. The moment he regained his senses from the attack he yelled. “Computer! Destroy it before it gets you!”

The snake was now turned to The Computer again, the glowing form gazed up at the creature but he did not destroy it like he had before.

“I can’t...” He spoke. “My system is already badly damaged, if I destroy anymore it could completely crash.”

Courage didn’t know what to say...much less what to do. He wished this was Muriel, if it was he would have saved her in a heart beat but now...

The snake made another howl before lunging again, it was nearly upon The Computer just as he rased a hand...the snake let out a painful howl before dropping to the floor.

The Computer staggered there for a moment before falling lifelessly to the ground himself.

Courage gasped before muttering out. “C...computer?” Despite the horrible pain in his back he limped over to his computer.

“Come on, we gotta go...wake up...” He spoke placing a hand on the glowing humanoid form.

Was he...

Courage couldn’t believe it, he refused to believe it. He’d wake him up! He wouldn’t let him just keel over and die, he was stronger then that...

Courage felt pure horror as three more howls filled the air, he turned to come face to face with three more snakes...

End Chapter

A/N: Things will finally be kicking up in the next chapter. Some of the best stuff is coming up.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SomekindofFreak on October 19, 2006, 11:48:38 AM

SomekindofFreak on
SomekindofFreakawww...that was brave of Courage to jump in front of the snake! X3 *goes to read next chapter*