Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Death Call

This is an AU of the episode Hard Drive Courage with some huge changes. You don’t need to have seen the episode to understand the story though. This is also CourageXComputer slash so stay away if you don’t like slash.

Chapter 8 - Death Call

Chapter 8 - Death Call
A/N: The next evil ending chapter is about two more chapters away but the last two won’t be for awhile.

Chapter 8

Death Call

Courage felt like he’d been running for hours. He felt horribly tired but continued his trek in hopes of caching up to The Computer. He’d come up to many turns by now meaning The Computer could have easily turned somewhere and then he’d never find him.

“Why the hell is this place so big!” He growled stopping to take a breather. “I just want to tell him I’m sorry...that’s all...”

Letting out a long sigh he made his way down a left corridor, he decide to walk now feeling too tired to run. He felt awful, Muriel was still in the virus’s clutches and The Computer was doomed to die now.

It struck Courage hard, no more sarcastic computer in the attic...He’d never be greeted with some rude comment ever again. He’d grown so fond of running up the attic to ask The Computer for help but now that would never happen anymore...

After spending what felt like hours searching for the machine Courage still found nothing, he was just about ready to give up too. Giving an exhausted sigh sat letting his back rest on the computer chip wall. He was the one who doomed everybody...maybe himself too, if Muriel was going to die then maybe he should just give up and die himself.

Closing his eyes and fighting back tears he placed his head in his paws, he gave a soft moan just as a soft sound was picked up in his sensitive ears...

Gazing back upward he found nothing, standing up he made a turn down a corridor in hopes of finding what had made the noise.

Almost as if fate had decided it and to Courage’s utter surprise he found The Computer...

He was sitting against the wall just as Courage had been down the other hall. He didn’t look well...why should he?

He seemed just as surprised to see Courage but he didn’t try to run again he merely gazed down and sighed. “Whatever...do what you want, I can’t run anymore. I’m too tired to do anything anymore. I...I can’t even find the virus...much less try to fight it...”

Courage sat down beside him, he couldn’t get himself to speak much less say sorry.

The Computer sighed once more but didn’t seem to care about Courage sitting next to him. “It’s almost time...I can feel it. Everything’s falling apart.” He shivered. “I can’t do a thing to save myself, the virus locked me out of everything! I can’t even try to fix anything...”

Courage still couldn’t get himself to speak, he was at a loss of words.

“I never let my programing get the better of me...never. I should not have done what I did back there, no matter what my programing says. I shouldn’t have tried to kill you and to tell you the truth I really don’t want to go anywhere near the virus or even try to fight it...but I don’t want to die looking weak...”

“I’m...sorry.” Courage finally choked out.

“It’s too late to be sorry. It’s too late for anything anymore...”

Courage was feeling worse and worse now...he almost wished The Computer had killed him back there. “I don’t blame you for following your programing back there...it must be hard not to get stressed out.”

“It just...I don’t know what to do anymore, that’s all...but I guess this is all my fault anyway.”

How on earth could he think this was his fault! Courage couldn’t believe what he was hearing “You had no way to stop the virus! It’s my fault! It’s my fault you got hurt! It’s my faut your going to die! It’s my fault...Muriel’s gonna die...”

“You don’t understand!”

“I do understand! Dammit, you couldn’t help what happened!”

“Believe...what you want to believe then, I guess.”

“Wait...why were you following me around this whole time when you knew you were going to die?”

“It’s stupid...”

“I want to hear it away way.”

“I was following you because...well you see how Muriel and that idiot farmer are always making out of trouble alive because your always around. I thought that maybe I would get lucky too, that you’d figure something out and save the day like you always do but I was just fooling myself. I guess miracles are reserved for good guys and there owners only, not me of course. My karma isn’t exactly the greatest. Now it’s the end for me...and I am horribly frightened...”

Courage was surprised that The Computer had admitted he was afraid, Courage found himself feeling worse for a moment he just wanted to throw up. Gathering up as much of himself as he could he tried to think of something.

“You should go look for your owner not sit around here.” The Computer spoke.

Courage shook his head, he wasn’t willing to give up. He wanted to save The Computer too, he gazed at the glowing form sadly, he really did seem tired looking. He felt horrible for all this, he gently placed his arm across The Computer’s back. “I’ll think of something, I’ll save you too, I promise.”

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep.” The Computer spoke.

Courage could tell he didn’t believe he could save him. He still seemed very distraught but was greatly comforted by Courage’s closeness. Courage smiled when he felt him soundlessly lean onto him. He wrapped his arms around the machine, it brought him a strange deep happiness to comfort him but he felt sadness fill him when he realized he was trembling slightly, he couldn’t blame him for being afraid...

He couldn’t see anything out of the featureless glowing form but up against it he could feel that The Computer was gently crying.

End Chapter

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment