Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - A Risk

This is an AU of the episode Hard Drive Courage with some huge changes. You don’t need to have seen the episode to understand the story though. This is also CourageXComputer slash so stay away if you don’t like slash.

Chapter 9 - A Risk

Chapter 9 - A Risk
Love - Devotion
Feeling - Emotion
Love - Devotion
Feeling - Emotion
Don't be afraid to be weak
Don't be too proud to be strong
Just look into your heart my friend
That will be the return to yourself
The return to innocence
If you want, then start to laugh
If you must, then start to cry
Be yourself don't hide
Just believe in destiny
Don't care what people say
Just follow your own way
Don't give up and use the chance
To return to innocence



Chapter 9
A Risk

“We should both go look for your owner now that there isn’t anything else that can be done.”

Courage sighed. “It’s not a good idea! Your tired and....you just shouldn’t! I made a promise.”

The Computer simply continued down the corridor, now moving at a slow and tired pace. He almost seemed to be limping. “When have I ever done what you say? Besides I have a few ideas, I may be blocked out of a lot of things but not everything. I might be able to find an unusual way to find your owner.” He stopped for a moment. “And.....I am not holding you to your promise.”

Courage couldn’t believe this. A few minutes ago The Computer was distraught with fear but now he was acting fine again except for the overwhelming weakness. Courage could only guess he was still trying to hide it all even though Courage had sat down and talked with him. Even more so he didn’t want to press into it anymore knowing how much The Computer had to deal with anyway.....but he wasn’t planning on giving up his promise no matter what The Computer says...

“Stay here for a moment.” The Computer spoke. “It could be a bit dangerous.”

“What! Why?” Courage didn’t like the sound of that.

“I trust you so you trust me okay?”

“You trust me?”

He received no reply as The Computer disappeared deeper into the halls. With nothing better to do Courage meagerly sat down with utter silence.

A few minutes later the whole world around him was suddenly shaking with a force worse then an earthquake. Even sitting down Courage found himself being flailed around. He was for certain he’d broken his arm as it was slammed into a wall with huge force.

Then as suddenly it started.....it was over.

Gripping his arm hoping it was okay he gently moved it around and much to his relief it wasn’t broken but still hurt like hell. What really got him was when he looked up back at the walls....

Holes of green were once again consuming the world around him.....something bad must have happened....

Taking off down the hall The Computer had taken he was soon met up by the glowing form sprawled across the floor. Much to Courage’s horror the same awful green was now covering The Computer’s body, it was beginning to bore holes deep into him....pain....pain was all that went through Courage’s mind as he looked down at him.

The Computer slowly stood up again but failed miserably dropping back to the ground. Courage tenderly helped him get back onto his feet.

The Computer sighed. “Well....it worked, but at a cost....”

“You know where Muriel is now!” Courage gasped. “I’ll go to her! You stay here and rest.”

“I’ll rest when I’m dead, I told you I don’t want to die being completely weak and useless!”

“Is that you or your programing talking?” Courage growled crossing his arms.


“I want the last thing I ever do is to help you find your Muriel....just like it’s always been. I may not be able to get rid of the virus but I can still mess up its plans by getting your owner away from him. It’s enough revenge for me....before the end... ”

“I....understand.” Courage sighed. The Computer was dead set that he was going to die now.

The glowing form hardly took a few steps forward before collapsing once more. Courage helped him once more trying not to touch any of the green corruption covering his body.

“Don’t worry it doesn’t hurt anymore.” The Computer spoke. Courage understood what he meant....it was that bad, to the point where he’s body can’t even function enough to feel pain....

Unable to walk as well anymore Courage had to help him stay steady on his feet as he slowly guided them to where Muriel hopefully be. Courage still couldn’t understand why the virus had wanted Muriel to even begin with.

Entering yet another large area Courage noticed something much different here. Over on the right side of the room instead of another corridor the walls were split apart leading into another large room.

“Over there.” The Computer spoke pointing to the room.

Expecting Muriel to be in there Courage went running into the room forgetting about The Computer.

To his utter disappointment the only thing inside the room was a large glowing orb, the thing was almost two times bigger then Eustace’s truck. It glowed with the same color as The Computer’s humanoid glowing form.

Forgetting to be careful Courage was drawn in by the warms of the glowing sphere, he gently rased a hand to touch it.

“Hey! I thought I told you not to touch!” The Computer spoke angrily. He was supporting himself against the wall with a hand.

“What is it?” Courage asked.


“That is me, in a sense.” The Computer spoke. This made Courage gasp slightly. “This is where my consciousness and just about everything else functions such as memory. It’s extremely violating for someone to touch your consciousness. Much less jam there fingers into your brain!”

Courage insanely withdrew his hand and gave his ‘Courage laugh’

“Besides if you messed something up in my mind I wouldn’t be able to fix myself you know....It’s complicated. I guess....it wouldn’t matter what you do after what the virus did....Just be glad people can’t violate your mind so easily.”

Courage felt his heart drop when he realized the virus had gone sneaking around in The Computer’s mind. Just one more thing the virus had made him suffer through....

He wanted to apologize again but didn’t get the chance for The Computer spoke up again. “There isn’t much time left for me. This way, I was off on where I thought I felt your owner.

“Let’s go then!”

End Chapter

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment