Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - A Horrifying Loss

This is an AU of the episode Hard Drive Courage with some huge changes. You don’t need to have seen the episode to understand the story though. This is also CourageXComputer slash so stay away if you don’t like slash.

Chapter 10 - A Horrifying Loss

Chapter 10 - A Horrifying Loss
Hold me
Whatever lies beyond this morning
Is a little later on
Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all
Nothing's like before


Chapter 10
A Horrifying Loss

“You are lucky.” The Computer spoke pointing over at the opposite side of the room. “Your lucky that no corruption got into my core programing.” He waved a hand at the glowing sphere. “Or else I wouldn’t be standing here and you would still be wandering around aimlessly.”

He rased a hand and nearly all of the wall on the opposite side of the room collapsed. He didn’t flinch or anything like it unlike all the other times. “The means I used to locate your owner used the corruption to my advantage but as you can see It came with a price.” The slowly growing corruption around his body seemed to stand out even more as he said that. “I’m surprised I’m still here after pulling off a stunt like that but you must go. Now! There is no time! I felt another while locating your Muriel.....it’s coming. You’ll find her somewhere around the area I just collapsed. Get out of here as soon as you can.”

“Hold it, what about you? The virus is coming!” Courage said trying not to notice the ever growing green on The Computer’s glowing forum.

“I used whatever bits of my strength and energy to find your owner and the fact I payed the price of coming in direct contact with the corruption doesn’t help neither. No, I’m done running around....I am tired now.” With that he lowered himself to the floor. “I doubt I’ll wake again but at least I won’t die knowing that I am.....I don’t want to know what it feels like to die.”

“You just gotta hold on! I promised.....” Courage found himself yelling. Suddenly, saving Muriel didn’t seem as important anymore.

“I’ve been holding on for as long as I can now but how can I keep holding on if I can’t feel anything anymore? I can’t even feel the endless pain that’s been inflicted on me.” The utter weakness in his voice was all too apparent now. He seemed so tired now that he would just slip right into nothingness.

The cold truth was finally hitting Courage. The Computer couldn’t be saved anymore, Courage had refused to accept that but it seemed somewhere deep inside The Computer had realized this fate was final and clinging to the false hope of Courage saving was futile “I...I’m sorry....” Courage murmured out helplessly. “I didn’t keep my promise....”

He began to turn, ready to go look for Muriel as he felt a hand clamp down on his arm. “Don’t let it do to you what it did to me.” The Computer spoke. “Whatever happens....leave with your owner no matter what. No matter what! Don’t even look back!”

Courage gave a long sigh before continuing forward. Almost as soon as he could see past the broken wall he could see Muriel...but nothing like he’d ever even imagined in his most horrible nightmares. Awful tubes of corrupted ‘green’ daggered deep into her body. She remained motionless, suspended and pinned to the wall by the tubes. What the hell was the virus doing to her!

“Muriel!” Courage screamed in both fear and anger.

He was about to race forward to rescue her just as a powerful stomp resonated from behind him. “Computer....” He murmured in fear knowing the virus had just arrived and The Computer was right in the open to be picked off. He was going to turn around and try to help him but remembered his words, ‘leave with your owner no matter what. No matter what!’

Either way Courage wanted to see the monster that had nearly ruined his life for good and when he gazed at the virus he almost wished he hadn’t. The ugly green ‘lizard’ like creature was unlike anything Courage had ever seen. It was held aloft by six spider like legs, each one ending in three toes with gigantic claws. It’s main body was that of a lizard without it’s legs, it had a huge tail ending in glowing spikes. Last it had the torso of a human ‘growing’ out of the front of his lizard body. It human body was armless and it’s face featureless apart from two glowing green eyes.

It laughed as it hovered over The Computer’s limp body. “Don’t have much fight left in you anymore eh?” It laughed. “You aren’t any fun anyway....you don’t scream when I drive my blades into you, you don’t beg for mercy when I hurt you. You just keep all the hurt deep inside don’t you? To bad....I bet it still eats away at you anyway! I have destroyed you utterly and completely yet you won’t just give in so I’ll stop hurting you. Look around you! Doesn’t it hurt enough?”

The Computer slowly stood once more. “I refuse to give you any satisfaction anymore! Why don’t you just get it over with and finish me off?”

“You think I don’t know you don’t feel pain anymore? Bah! I did that!”

“What? No...you couldn’t have.” The Computer spoke softy.

“Yes I did....and I can make it all come back! I knew if I made it go away for a little while you would get your hopes up. Now....I’m going to make what’s left of your useless exists endless agony!” It let out cold, heartless laugh. It seemed to delight in nothing more then making The Computer feel low, who was always used to feeling higher then everyone else.

Courage couldn’t take it.....rage filled him for both The Computer and Muriel. The virus was making them all suffer. He raced forward, putting himself between the virus and The Computer. Fist clenched he screamed out. “Leave him alone! You sick assed bastard!”


“Courage....I told you to leave.” He heard The Computer mumble from behind him.

“You stand for this useless computer, organic creature?” The virus spoke in a grave voice. “You show yourself to me to defend this weak pile of junk?”

“Don’t you dare talk about him like that!” Courage yelled fuming with rage. “He’s more stronger then you know! After enduring your torture when I know many people would not be able to I know he’s anything but weak!”

The virus laughed gazing down at The Computer. “I see you have neglected to tell this organic creature why this is all your fault!”

The Computer seemed to shrink away behind Courage at the mentioning of this. “I couldn’t help it....” He murmured out softy.

“Now you are going to be responsible for both your own death and another’s.” It gazed back down at Courage with a vile glint in it’s green eyes.

Courage’s heart dropped at it’s words knowing what it was planning to do. “What about Muriel! Aren’t you going to get rid of her too!” He screamed trying to be as brave as possible.

“I have plans for that organic human.” It spoke slyly. “But....you are of no use to me....”

Courage backed away slightly as the human torso of the virus opened up to reveal a glowing sphere charging with energy. Courage slammed his eyes shut knowing his end was coming.

Whimpering he saw a bright light behind his eye lids and just as he was for sure it was all over for him. He felt heat touch his fur but just as the beam was about to hit him from behind his eyelids he felt a hand clasp his arm and push him out of the way......

Courage forced his eyes open just as the beam dissipated completely......In his place was The Computer. The beam hadn’t just hit him.....it had gone right through him. The glowing form was slowly dissolving from the point where the beam had gone through.

The virus stared utterly shocked.

Courage’s size made It nearly impossible to catch the glowing form as it dropped yet somehow he managed to do so. The Computer lay utterly destroyed, Courage beside him.

“Cour....age...Courage?” The Computer spoke hardly getting his words out. “Are You Okay?” His voice sounded so different to his usual sarcastic and uncaring tone.

“I’m fine....but your....” Courage tried not to show the desperation in his voice but it was impossible. “You saved me.....”


He attempted to laugh but failed miserably. “Better me then you, your much better off then myself so I guess it’s best it turned out this way and not you with the one with the hole through you. It’s better this way anyway......that ‘thing’ won’t be able to torture me anymore. I never told you about the things it did to me before you showed up here looking for your owner, I didn’t want to look weak to you.”

Now the glowing of his body was slowly beginning to fade. “All this time I was so worried about you getting back at me while I had so many weakness. Worried that you’d get back at me for all the things I’ve done to you....yet you stuck with me through all of this and even pity me. The virus may have made me stop hurting on the outside but on the inside.....” He paused for a moment before continuing. “Well I’ll just say, because of you it doesn’t hurt as much. Anyone else would have tried to make me feel worse. Th-thank you.” With what little remained of himself he tried to get out. “Sorry for everythi.... ”

With that.....the last of his body disappeared. Courage couldn’t help the tears that formed, burning in his eyes. Another earthquake rocked the world around him, entire areas of the walls were crumbling revealing corruption. Mimicking the damage done to The Computer.

The glowing sphere darkened as large cracks began to cross it. Corruption began to form on it, it’s awful green filling in the glow.

“No....this isn’t happening....no....no.....NO!” Courage screamed, tears falling helplessly. “I wanted you to live! I wanted to make it up for you for making you suffer through this!”

“Foolish idiot!” The virus laughed. “I never got to have any more fun with you! Oh well, your sacrifice was in vain.....I will use your organic little friend here as the substitute!”

Courage ignored the monster, something inside him through his constant screaming of wanting to save The Computer began to nag at him. It was like some kind of tugging.....he gazed over at the room were the dark sphere lay, something seemed to be urging him to go over there. Overcoming his grief for both Muriel and The Computer he began to move over to the room.

Snarling, the virus rased a leg and let it smack into Courage. Three jagged cut marks wove across Courage’s body as he hit the ground.

He knew the only way to get to the sphere he would have to face the virus....or escape it....

End Chapter

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment