Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Cur Poenam Cordi Parvo Damus?

Enya's story from creation to the events of A Cowardly Experiment. How is a failed experiment ever going to fit in and how do you deal with a very annoying person? Must read this if you are also reading the trilogy.

Chapter 2 - Cur Poenam Cordi Parvo Damus?

Chapter 2 - Cur Poenam Cordi Parvo Damus?
A/N: There is another reference to a character coming up in A Cowardly Crossover who hasn’t been mentioned yet because this is told after the events in A Cowardly Crossover so don’t freak out about it. Also the song in this chapter is from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Chapter 2

Cur Poenam Cordi Parvo Damus?

Cur in gremio haeremus?
Cur poenam cordi parvo damus?
Stella nobis non concessit, non concessit
Stella nobis non concessit, non concessit
Venarum pulsus in terram fluens
Parvus, parvus pulsus
Cor mortem ducens
Vita mollis in stellam redeunt
Animam sacrificare necesse est?
Cur in gremio haeremus?
Cur veniam petimus
In terram fatali?

I remember this song all too well, Gareth had it playing once and I couldn’t help but notice it. I’ve tried hard it sing it just as well as the humans in the song did but I have yet to prefect it. It is a tribute to both the happiness and sadness we all experienced while Malla had her way with us. Gareth tells me this song is far to sad but beautiful none the less. It...reminds me of when I found out...When I found out that my life was not going to be the way I had hoped...when I found out I was a failed experiment...

I remember Jumba, Hamstervil, Doc, and me walking down to the testing area. After getting the ‘walking’ thing down I was making my way down the halls proudly, knowing what an importance I was to Jumba and hopefully soon to Hamstervil and Doc too.

We passed various experiments as we made are way my mind played off there numbers in my head as I saw them. Doc was complaining about how much money he’d and Hamstervil had wasted on experiments that weren’t capable of being destructive just annoyances with there powers.

“What will you have me do after training Jumba?” I asked...those were my first words, why couldn’t they have been something better?

Both Doc and Hamstervil gave me an eerie look when I spoke, they must have forgotten I could talk as well as the next experiment.

“Experiment 499, we must be making sure your powers work correctly before you will be assigned to do anything.” Jumba said. This was my death sentence...

I was too stubborn at the time to believe my power may not work, much less the high chance that it was true thanks to my delayed awaking after creation.

Making one final turn we entered the training grounds. It was mostly just a room surrounded by metal walls except for a door which led to a room with a long glass window for observation. At the very top of one of the wall was another glass window were a few experiments were watching to see the knew 499th experiment use it’s power...I knew I wasn’t going to fail, I couldn’t...could I?

“Bring in the target!” Hamstervil yelled from behind the glass window.

In came experiment 225 someday to be called Mashy. The oversized experiment had a huge grin across his gigantic face.

Jumba spoke up from behind the glass. “255 is very powerful experiment, we use him as test because he has powerful hide that isn’t hurt easily and strength that makes experiments have to push there limits to beat him. Of course you aren’t designed for combat so all you have to do is make him fall asleep then use your power again to wake him.”

“Alright...” I spoke looking over at 255.

His smile had faded because he wasn’t going to get to beat me up but he growled and said anyway. “Fooboogoo!”

Using a song that was programed into me with the right frequency to put people into a coma like sleep I began to sing.

“Acoota,

mikiba kie baaheth jihadi

slkia toomot gitter bika

naga noboko, ivia takia makia

mikkat iki mockeecha

slkia foobko miktavapt qukta mikovo pivokta mikkata

slkia koko kivo...”

As my song finished I watched as 255's eyes grew dreary...but why wasn’t he falling asleep? I sang it again but he still only grew a little more drowsy. I sang it one last time and finally he fell to the floor snoring loudly.

“I did it!” I finally yelled bowing low to my audience. “I was getting a little worried...”

Doc was the first to re-enter the room soon followed by Hamstervil and then Jumba who had a very displeased yet sad look on his face.

Doc kicked 255 lightly but the bulky experiment woke up right away with a jolt.

“This isn’t a coma like sleep...” Doc said with a smile crossing his face as he saw the shocked look on my face. “You’ve failed...You yourself are failed...”

“I’m sorry experiment 499, the moment you finally awakened I knew the worse was likely to happen...you are a failed experiment...” Jumba spoke sadly.

“Why do you get like that whenever you find out one of your experiments are failed?” Hamstervil asked angrily.

“I think you should just get rid of all your failed experiments and try to make them the right way next time!” Doc proclaimed glaring at me with the most disgusted look, like I was some sort ugly monster...

“You will do nothing of the sort.” Jumba spoke. “Go show 499 around the lab so she can get to know the place better...I...I go work on plans for 500 now...” And Jumba left the room, head hunched over the whole way.

I felt my ears drop in disbelief, I was failed...me...I was supposed to be one of Jumba’s greats experiments. Me, Jumba, and the rest of the most powerful experiment along with any new ones he was going to make were supposed to take over the Federation...I couldn’t even impress him...

I could hear the laughter of the experiments on the other side of the glass who’d watched my failed performance. I knew word of the failed experiment 499 was going to travel fast...whatever chance I had of having any worth to anybody was gone...

My life ending not even a day before it began...from that moment on I became a piece of trash in the eyes of everyone except maybe for Jumba but was too occupied with new experiments to show me much caring.

Nobody was going to let the piece of trash forget what a piece of junk it was, nobody was going to let the failed experiment forget it was failed...the experiments were going to make sure of that...

End Chapter

Translation of Enya’s song

Heed me,

You cannot fight me,

Sleep forever peacefully to my song,

No never, you cannot escape my peacefulness,

Now you are forever mine,

Sleep with me in the softness of my song,

Sleep with me and never leave me...

As you’ll find out later in the story, Jumba based a lot of thing off Enya when he made Angel. Angel is Jumba’s new attempt to make a not failed version of Enya but improved her greatly like the power to turn people bad. Enya is NOT Angel in any way, Angel is only like her because Jumba used the same design of Enya’s failed power and improved it greatly as you’ll see later.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment