Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Life As A Failed Experiment

Enya's story from creation to the events of A Cowardly Experiment. How is a failed experiment ever going to fit in and how do you deal with a very annoying person? Must read this if you are also reading the trilogy.

Chapter 3 - Life As A Failed Experiment

Chapter 3 - Life As A Failed Experiment
Chapter 3

Life As A Failed Experiment

Doc had taken pleasure in reminding me what a failure I am as he showed me around Jumba’s lab. Every experiment I passed seemed to glare at me like I’m trog dung or giggle as I passed by and begin to talk behind my back. I wanted to scream at them...or even better show them how non-failed I am...but you can’t prove anything when it’s true no matter what...

The lab itself was very large, it held a huge kitchen that could fit thousands of experiments, there was also a gym where experiments spent most of the day releasing there destructive urges. Last there was an extremely long hall holding hundreds of doors leading into a small bedrooms for the experiments. Over every door was a number for every experiment accept for any rooms that weren’t being used and hopefully it would someday have an experiment as Jumba continued to make new ones. The rest of the lab was out of bounds for any experiment, Jumba didn’t want his monsters destroying anything important.

Doc led me up to the door with 499 over it, it was my room of course. Doc sneered at me before saying. “You better not leave here, this is the perfect place to shut up a useless experiment like you. Trust me, the other experiments think the same...I suggest you let yourself rot in here.”

With that he tuned and walked off with a vile smile still panted on his face. Angry with the annoying alien I wanted to go ‘Experiment 499’ on him but held my destructive urges.

Sighing I entered the room, it seemed like a jail cell more then anything. It was about the same size and only held a bed. Although experiments had to ‘answer the call of nature’ like any other living thing but Jumba had designed us to only ‘need to go’ every once in awhile. This also meant we could live off the food we eat much longer then any other living creature.

The next few days were some of the worse ever. Not that every day wasn’t bad, these days were the worse. I was constantly plagued with endless hunger because I hadn’t eaten enough yet to keep my body going without food for a long amount of time, unlike me the experiments seemed to love eating even with the ability to go long amounts of time without food. My instincts were constantly nagging me to eat but unfortunately no matter what time of day there was always experiments in the kitchen.

My fight for food was awful...if I did get a hold of anything experiments like the someday to be called Kixx got it from me and ate it themselfs. If I did get out of the kitchen without losing my food I had to race back to my room or else experiments in the hallway would try and take it.

I’d also been beaten twice by now, after grabbing the food from me the experiment who took it seemed to feel the need to use his powers on me and after trying to get a hold of some food again three experiments caught me and dragged me down to the gym to use me as the ‘target’ for target practice and sadly they did. Two of the three experiments were the some day to be called Bonnie and Clyde and they had a insanely good time firing plasma blasts at me. I ended up having to go to Jumba for the burns, he said nothing as helped me treat the wounds. I felt he was the only one who pitied me so I felt angry when he said nothing after seeing me burned.

A few days later he brought out the new 500th experiment...a normal, not failed experiment. 500 was loved instantly by the other experiments and the moment I was back in my room I kicked the wall and screamed my lungs out. I was more then angry that I had been the unlucky one, that I was the failed one. I spent that night wishing I was the 500th experiment and not the 499th.

After I’d finally fed my hunger a few days later I did exactly as Doc had told me to do...rot in this room and never come out...

I never left, never. The experiments thankfully could not enter my room to torment me so I felt safe here. I spent most of my time sleeping, dreaming of being Jumba’s finest experiments but when I woke up I realized that was never going to happen now. If I couldn’t get to sleep I simply lay there staring at the ceiling. I never cried surprisingly...it was extremely low for an experiment to cry...I didn’t need to sink any lower anyway...

A week of never moving from the bed soon passed even if it felt like only a few hours to me. I had no idea that Jumba had just finished experiment 501 and 502 now known as Yin and Yang. Of course they were not failures either. I wondered once were the other failed experiments were. I guessed they were just like me...hiding...

Hardly a few days later the door to my room opened. I thought it was an experiment but I remembered that experiments can’t open any door but there own. I didn’t care who it was anyway, I mumbled out something and turned my back to whoever it was. I was now staring at the wall with a hazy uncaring look.

“499?” Asked the voice I easily recognized as Jumba.

I continued to stare blankly at the wall. I hadn’t forgiven him for not caring about me. I let out an annoyed groan to let Jumba know I wanted to be left alone to ‘rot’

I heard him place something on the floor then the door closed silently. He was gone...again...

I looked over at whatever it was he had left...I was surprised at the sight of it.

“A book?”

It was a simple old looking book, nothing more nothing less. I guessed it was a small gift from Jumba. With nothing better to do I grabbed the book and opened it.

...I had just found the one thing I loved in the world...

Simply reading...

End Chapter

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment