Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Dream

A tale about a talking goldfish (still a working progress )

Chapter 1 - The Dream

Chapter 1 - The Dream
I suddenly lifted my head off my desk, eyes wide.

‘What? What is it?’ I said, looking around.

‘Mum?’ No reply.

I looked down at my crumpled homework, creased as a result of my nap, and frowned. I was sure I had just heard someone say something.

I sat back and rubbed my eyes, thinking it was probably just me. My parents were no doubt in bed right now, and the only reason I was still awake- well ,half awake, was because I was staying up late to finish my overdue homework.

I attempted to smooth out the folds, and failed miserably. Great. This was really going to please my evil maths teacher.

‘Tess!’

Ok, I definitely heard something that time. I stood up, knocking my chair over. Who said it? I turned around wildly, suddenly very scared. Was someone in my house? I stepped away from my chair.

‘Hello? I’m over here?’ said the same voice. Should I turn around? I twisted my head very slowly.

There was no one there. My goldfish swam around in his bowl, but other than that everything was the same. I wondered briefly if I was going crazy.

I tiptoed to my window, and pushed past the curtains. It was dark outside, and the moon was shining brightly amongst tons of stars. I looked down, thinking maybe it was a friend calling to me from my drive.

‘Oi! Pea brain! Seriously? Over here!!!’

I felt something cold hit me and whipped around to see my goldfish smiling at me from his bowl.

Ok. This was not happening.

‘Oddball?’ I said in disbelief. The goldfish just smiled at me.

‘I didn’t think so’ I said, wiping my sweating brow. It couldn’t have been oddball. The smile vanished.

‘No, it is me’ he said, and I froze.

Ok....

I jumped up from my pillow. My mum was shouting at me from downstairs. ‘For crying out loud Tess! Get your lazy butt down here NOW!!!!’ she yelled. I smiled. I had all just been a dream. I swung my legs out of my bed and touched down on my rug.

My wet rug.

I lifted my head up.

‘Morning, Tess. Fancy feeding me for once?’ grinned my goldfish.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment