Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Deep Thoughts

Ok this is a story about none other then PENGY! yes i know but dont kill me before you read the story i know it may sound stupid but please read...its actualy really good. It gets better as it goes on this is mainly Puffins entro.

Chapter 3 - Deep Thoughts

Chapter 3 - Deep Thoughts
OF PENGUINS AND PUFFINS-CHAP 3-OF PUFFINS AND PENGUINS

Disclaimer-no you read right the chap. title is the same as the story title. Youll see why as you read it. Ok yalls i PROMISE ill try to make this chap. a bit more pointful then last chapter cause its only real purpous was (1) to clarify Puffins theving skills (2) list every more well known batman charcter known to the kids today (im only 14 but i read all the old comics and archives) and (3) use the word spunky in context as if it were penguin thinking and/or saying it. Ummm just to clarify cause i think some of you may not know "The Fuzz" is a slang they used in the late 60's-70's for the police.
~`~`~`

Puffin and Penguin carfully made their way through the city. Dodging into allyways, ducking arround corners, doubling back twice they had stoped hidden in shadows while Batman was fighting a stragler. Despite being only yards away from him they were never caught.

The entire way the two travled scilently. This bothered Oswald little though. He was to involved in his own thoughts to pay attention to where his feet were taking him let alone conversation or lack there of.

"Down this way" She was obviously a person with a record. There wasnt a doubt about that. Still....that didnt explain much. First last night shes running without touching the ground. Now tonight this!? No normal human could move like that. Ok mabey a flipper-full but no one from Gotham. Well there was.....no not even Batman was that swift.

"Turn left here" Then again she didnt seem to be from Gotham. People from Gotham tended to have a mystery to them. Not that she didnt. Far from it. She was diffrent somehow though.

"I said left you idiot get over here!" Like that scald. After taking a second look at it, he relized it to be an acid burn much like Havey suffered from. But a girl playing with acid? Then again Puffin did seem to be the kind who would put hand to fire just to see how long it took to burn.

"Cobblepot what the hell are you doing!?" That raised other questions. Just the night before she had said 'Well your a Cobblepopt if I ever did see one'. That ment she somehow knew some relation to him. That ment she might know. She might know the anwsers to why they did that. Why his - *SMACK*

He slamed straight into her snapping himself back to the real world, and sending him to the snow covered ground.

Puffin turned to face him and she was obviously pissed off at him. The glare she was giving was all he needed to know that. Oh but the sneer added was enough to send a chill down his back.

"You better pray you didnt damage it" she snarled droping a pack he hadnt noticed before to his feet. She rumaged through it and pulled out The Jewled Peacock.

Oswald looked at her amazed "I thought you droped that when the alarm went off!" He exclaimed

He didnt even see what had happened but it felt like his hand was being torn off.

He looked down and relized that Puffin had slamed the beak of the puffin head on the end of her staff straight through the hand he hand reached out with.

She yanked the beak out of his hand splattering blood on her face and sending a new fresh pain that shot up his entire arm

"ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME WOMAN!?" he hollared at her grasping his hand.

In response to this she simply pulled out a cloth that was already stained with dry blood, examined her staff and wiped the blood off the head of it.

"Shouldent grab Cobblepot" she said firmly adter she was content with her staff and put the cloth back in her pocket

Oswald looked at her awestruck and bewildered "YOU DONT INPALE ONES HAND OVER IT!!!!" he yelled grabing the wrist of the hand that was still gushing blood hoping to somehow stop the bleeding

"Stop your whining and let me see it" she snaped obviously annoyed at him

Oswald jumped back away from her, eyes twitching, mouth agape. What the hell kind of thing was that to ask.

Nervously he replied "I....umm.....we uhh...barely know each other and-"

"I ment your hand you perverted portly pompus penguin" she replied throughly disguested at him

"Oh was all he replied feeling unbeliveablely stupid as he handed her his hand (wow that sounded stupid its self), Completly oblivious to teh chain of insults he had just recived

Puffin muttered something to herself about how it didnt hit the bone and other similar matters as she examined his wounded hand "Hardly more then a flesh wound" she muttered to her self seemingly shocked anyone would make such a fuss over having their hand stabed as she took the bottom of her shirt tearing a long strip from it.

He must of had a look of utter confusion because she gave him a look of utter annoyance "Its a bandage for that wound....unless you want to risk the chance of AIDS or some other similar blood diesse from this" Puffin smarted off pulling out the blood stained cloth again.

"No I'll pass on that.....its just...well...nothing" The fact of the matter was he wasnt quite sure of anything

Why did she need him to help steal the Peacock. He hadent done anything. Who was it that ruined the almost perfect crime? Why was she so intrested in the Jewl Peacock....she seemed to be one to steal for reasons other then value. Mostly why did his brain keep turning to the dark side of things. Sure he had a nasty habit of doing so but it had been happening so much more of late.

Puffin pulled her jacket closed after putting the peacock back into her sack "Come on Cobblepot....its getting cold out" she said in a thoguhtful tone as she began on her their journey once again

"No....that wasnt the question he had most of all....the biggest question in his mind is if she DID know about why that had happened so many christmas's ago. (ok if youve sceen the movie and dont know what hes worrying about then i pitty you at this point of time) He had to find out....he had to keep her arround until he found out why.

"Puffin-"

"call me Finch" she intrupted.

"excuse me" he asked bewildered

"My real name....its Finchella....you know...Finch" she said not turning back to look at him as she spoke

"Ok well uhh pu...Finch....do you need a...place to stay" he said relizing how idiotic he must of sounded at this point

"well i was hoping for the offer because there are 14 other birds that go with this one....and it only makes sense to get them all"

"Ok then" he replied so quietly he wasnt even sure if she heard him. He would just play partner for a while longer....and hopefully figure out what she knew.

END OF CHAP 3

~`~`~`
Ok i dont think this was as good as chap 1 but it was defiantly better (and by better like more pointful) then chap 2 ummm not much to say about it but RandR! Oh and umm lets see I know Puffin is probably gonna kill him if she keeps beating him up with that cane. Oh and if you STILL dont know what it is that hes wondering about then that may be good for you but the only possible way you wouldent know is if you didnt see Batman Returns. If you do know well good for you! Also sorry it took so long just this chap. was hell to get to turn out right so...yeah *blush* Oh and if you havent already go check out my picture of Puffin!




Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Cannon on December 28, 2005, 9:57:33 AM

Cannon on
CannonYay!! you got the third chapter up!!! ^^ Cookies for you *gives cookies to Mort*

tomfeltonfan1992 on December 23, 2005, 3:23:33 AM

tomfeltonfan1992 on
tomfeltonfan1992AWESOME JOB!!