Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Dark Dreams

Ok this is a story about none other then PENGY! yes i know but dont kill me before you read the story i know it may sound stupid but please read...its actualy really good. It gets better as it goes on this is mainly Puffins entro.

Chapter 5 - Dark Dreams

Chapter 5 - Dark Dreams
Of Penguins and Puffins-chap 5-Dark Dreams

Ok yalls i relize i have no life what so ever. I mean...im writing a story. About The flippin Penguin. The sad part.....im actualy enjoying writing this story. Ok and im gonna anwser the questiong that everyone seems to enjoy asking... Q-Why the heck do you like the Penguin? A-I HAVE NO FLIPPIN IDEA I JUST DO! WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE CHOCOBOS!? ITS BECASUE THEY DO! THEY DONT NEED A REASON SO WHY THE HECK SHOULD I SO GET OFF MY CASE!!!!!!!!!!! *ahem* anyways enjoy the story folks ^^.

---

Oswald awoke in his bed as the Gotham clock tower struck 11 in the morring. His head throbing. What a messed up dream. It was a dream right? It had to be......didnt it? The chandelier.....it fell. So if it was still hanging....like it surely would be, then it would of had to of been a dream.

He grogily pulled himself out of bed and into the door. No he littraly walked head on into the closed door. He quickly pulled away grabing his head where a lump was sure to be forming. What had been wrong with him of late. Ever scince Puffin, he had been finding himself getting hurt more and more often. First the gash in the side of his face (which seemed to be starting to heal but had left a nasty bruise arround the scaring area) then his inpaled hand (which was still as open as ever) and now he slams his face into the door. Come to think of it even in the dream he had last night he had put a nail into his already wounded hand.

When he figured his ever present head pain was only growing worse he figured he may as well get looking to see if it was or wasent a dream. The sooner he did that the sooner he could get some tylonal.

...........

This just couldent be happening. The whole hall was half frozen in ice. NO NO NO! Freeze wasnt here last night! He couldent of been! He just......left a window open. It DID get cold in this old house.

The further and further he went down the hall the more and more ice was formed. He got to the end of the hall finaly and his eyes shot open wide in terror.

Oh no. Right there....in the middle of the floor was that huge haping hole. He looked at his hand sand sure enough there was a prick cut from the nail. Freeze really was here. Puffin did fight him. She really did nearly fall to her death. Which ment..je really did save her....and that ment......they really were........floor.......close.........moment.......he suddenly felt like he was going to be ill.

He had to clear his mind. He had to think of something else. His birds. He'd tend to them.

Oswald walked on towards the avairy. Lets see. The Golden Eagle's sprain seemed to have healed properly.That was the first good news he had in quite sometime. He'd have to remember to thank puf.....no he wasnt going to think about her. The canaries seemed a bit more snippy then usual. Then again the finchel-......finches seemed to be squaking a bit more then usual. Then of course there were his beloved penguins. The hatchlings were doing exceptionaly well. Even though there were the two penguins whos egg had been on the ice far to long or thats what he assumed had happened the point was they had stolen a Puffin egg and raised it like........wait....what? No! NO NO NO NO NO! WHY COULDENT HE GET HER OUT OF HIS HEAD!?!?!

This went on for so long that he didnt even relize for quite sometime he had walked completly past the avairy. Actualy at first he wasnt even sure where he was when he relized he had past his inital destination.

After he made it downstairs the the first floor he was sure he hadent gone down or up any stairs. He was sure he had walked in the right direction. That was when he heard something. It was like a light breathing. He turned to see what it was but found himself in a daze.

It ended up he had ended right in front of her room. The door was wide open. Puffin in full veiw.

She was on her bed sitting on her coat. Well sitting wasnt really the word. The best thing that he could call it was nesting. She was on her knees scrunched down so she was sitting on the bottom of her feet. She had her arms back and her head held down. To put it short as he said before she looked like a bird nesting.

At first he couldent tell wether she was awake or not but after a moment he relized she was indeed asleep. How anyone could sleep (at least comfortably) in that manner was beyond him.

Beside her lay her staff. She was very protective. Wether it be of her staff or her self he had yet to completly figure out but it seemd to be both. He did know that she was like him in the fact she typicaly worked alone and was use to having to defend herself, Nor did she tend to take to accepting help of any sort.

He snaped out of his trance and went on his way. For a while his mind was empty....sort of. It was more less the fact he had so many thoughts going through his head he couldent focus on one thing.

Sure he respected her. And of course he liked her as a person and crime partner. Then of course.....

His thoughts came to a pause as his gaze drifted down to his own flippered hands as he remembered how he lived without any one to really be considered parents except the penguins that had found him when his real parents left him in the sewer. (why there were penguins in the sewer he still yet to figure out) As a matter of fact....there was really no one he felt he could honestly completly trust. All because of what he was. Because he was diffrent. With that his previous thought continued.

She was probably the single person who had any idea what it was like. What it was like to be diffrent. To be rejected. To be hated by everyone just for existing!

He became enraged and swung a fist arround behind himself blindly and in the process shattered an old vase. He hated the truth. He hated Gotham. He hated Batman......Everyone in Gotham.....and mostly Bruce Wanye. The one that had everything he couldent but should. No....there was one person he hated more then Bruce. More then his parents. More then every other soul in Gotham. He hated himself.

No one wanted him arround. It was getting to the point he didnt want to BE arround. He reached for his umbrealla and snaped out the sword blade that seemed to be the weapon he had been using more then the others of late.

"So easy" he muttered to himself so quietly that at first he wasnt sure if he said it out loud or was just thinking it as he grabed the blade with his open hand but not putting enough pressure on to actualy cut himself. He stared at the point sticking out from his flippery fist. The blade seemingly calling out as he became discusted at the sight of his mutated hands.

"so quick" he muttered in the same quiet tone. Then as if ment to stop him a large black raven swooped in through a broken window and landed on the ground trying to get back up but obviously had an injured wing. Seeing this seemed to snap him out of his daze.

He snaped the blade back into the umbrella as he walked over to the injured raven picking it up and trying to get it to stop thrasing about to keep it from harming itself.

"No....at least not until you know why Oswald" he said to himself in a still fairly quiet tone as the bird finaly stoped squirming arround.

So ok he admired her but that was all. He didnt like her. Far from it.....no....it wasnt far from it but he still didnt like her like that. He never would like anyone in that way. He learned where that got you with Selina already.

With that he walked on to teh avairy to tend to the injured bird....and to get some tylonal for his still splitting headache.
---
I know short (wrote in spanish class) but it was sorta a filler and really wrote its self. Only real point was to 1-show that he sorta is relizing that he sorta has a thing for her and 2-claryfing that hes semi-unstable in this story. Ummm ok the version im using of him is the The Batman version (the newest one i belive) but im just using the movies version of his history cause even though its the most inaccurate its the one that sorta goes best with this story.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment