Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Coded Messages

Ok this is a story about none other then PENGY! yes i know but dont kill me before you read the story i know it may sound stupid but please read...its actualy really good. It gets better as it goes on this is mainly Puffins entro.

Chapter 6 - Coded Messages

Chapter 6 - Coded Messages
Of Penguins and Puffins-Chapter 6-Coded Messages

There are no author reviews sept it may be a while cause my damn social studies teacher told my parents im failing cause i missed on assigment and i didnt even miss the damned thing so i may not be able to update soon.
----

It was near an hour after Oswald had finished splinting the ravens wing did he notice something strange about the bird.

On its left wing was a black band. The only reason he noticed it was because there was a barley visible slip of paper concealed behind the band. He tried to reach for it but the bird kupt on snapping at him every time he got close to it. He could tell it not to be one of his own birds.

"Ronald your back!" Puffin ran in snatching up the raven she was obviously excited about the apparent return of the bird that Oswald figured to be hers as the bird calmly let her remove the paper from its band.

"Well trained" he muttered to hisself. A raven trained only to let her and who ever it was who sent the note near enough to get their message. Even he had to admit that as being quite the accomplishment.

After scaning over the message she left the note on the ground and went to tend to the raven else where in the avairy.

When Oswald was sure that she was out of sight his curiosity got the better of him. After seeing the note though he wished he hadent bothered.

'OWLS KOMES MIDNIGHT FROM MAIN NIGHT BE ON A PLINE TONIGHE IT WIGHT PRYICE
3,2,1,2,3,3,3,2,-4,-6,-1'

"Even if someone did get this no one could make sense of this!" he grumbled, grabing his head as his headache began comming back out of his utter confusion.

"Oswald come here!" she called out still as excited as ever.

He started back when suddenly he remembered something. He had never told her his real name! He had introduced himself as Penguin not his real name, but she'd been calling him by his real name scince they went to steal the peacock. There was something up. She knew something about what happened to him. She had to.

"OZZY!"

Ozzy? What the heck!? He went back to where she was at the same time trying to get his eye to stop twitching.

He finaly found her. She was hanging upside down from the huge tree near the back center of the avairy.

"Guess who took the blame for it!" she said pulling a muffin from her pack.

Where the muffin came from was unknown to him because asides the food for the birds the only food in the house was fish. (wich technally went to the raptors and penguins and such but he had to eat too)

"Even if I knew what you were talking about I wouldent know"

He was really to lost in his own thoughts wondering if she realized that by hanging upside down the way she was it caused her shirt to fall revaling her waist to of even of heard what it was she was talking about.

"Remember that thing......that set off the alarm.....at the museum?" she asked munching down into her muffin.

It took him a moment to half-snap back to the real world and realize what it was she was talking about.

"Welllllll it was Man-Bat and he took the blame for trying to steal the Peacock!"

She finished her first muffin and pulled out another one as she hoped down out of the tree and went over to the water edge where all the aquatic birds were loacated.

"Then again.....they thought he didnt get it.....cause they bought the fake one" she finaly added in.

"yeah" was all Oswald said still staring at her.

Most people who saw the moment would of thought he just wanted her muffin. What he really wanted was a chance to clear his mind....to be able to stop thinking about her and...and ok so mabey he did want the muffin but that wasnt the biggest priority!

A small macornnii penguin with the same band arround its flipper as the raven had arround its wing jumped out of the water and right next to Puffin. It had no note but looked rather proud of its self as it droped a few coins from his beak next to her.

"Hi Chester....more coins for your little collection?" she asked the penguin as if refering to a small child. "Wheres Chelsa?"

No sooner did she ask the second question did a Tuffed Puffin swoop down and land ontop of Puffins head. This bird did have a note.

Puffin lazily glanced over it as if it were information that she was already aware of before standing up and turning to Oswald. (the puffin still perched on her head) "We go after the Bronze Owl tonight"

"Do you even know where it is!?" he tried to stay focused as she pulled out a third muffin.

"The Cematary"

"How the heck do you know that!?"

Puffin sighed and retrived the first note and pulled a pen out of the band arround the penguins flipper.

She proceeded underlining specific parts.

OWLS KOMES MIDNIGHT FROM MAIN NIGHT BE ON A PLINE TONIGHE IT WIGHT PRYICE

"So? Bad spelling whats your point?"

Oswald was completly lost at this point.

"K should be C, there should be and E at the end of "Maine" , N is M for might, I should be A because we knew it would be inported by plane, E should be T, "It" is "At" so it should be "A" not "I", "W" should be "R" and there is no "Y" in price. Take that and you have the letters C-E-M-A-T-A-R-Y.

His eyes shot wide in amazement. So obvious yet infigurable. "Would you happen to kn-"

"If your going to ask about Riddler the anwser is yes i worked as partner with him for a week or so" she intrupted.

"So whats all those numbers about?" he asked staring at the muffin that she had yet to begin eating.

"Gravestone count....its being used as a gravestone head piece.....the second note is just telling which gaurds are on duty for the next week....it would be best to go tonight."

She ate the third muffin and pulled out yet another muffin.

"Ok where the heck did you get all the muffins from!?"

"When you got lost when running from Bats I darted into a bakery real quick to loop arround to get infront of you and i grabed a few snacks on the way" she replied with an innocent smile.

"But......you didnt tell me!?" he asked after a akward pause in a tone of utter shock.

"There MY muffiiinnns" she whined sounding rather childish as she bit into it eating half of the whole thing in one bite.

She paused and her face went paler then it already was before spitting it out and tossing the other half to him.

"Yecshk Strawberry....you can have it"

The half eaten muffin struck him in the forehead but still he caught it.

"I Dont want it after you bit into it!"

"LISTEN YOU! YOUVE BEEN STARING AT MY MUFFINS ALL MORRING SO EAT THE DAMNED THING BEFORE I SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT TUXEDO-BOY!"

"NEAAAAHHHH Yes dear!"

WAIT! What the heck did he just say!?

Puffin had a look of utter shock and terror.

"What the hell did you just call me!?"

"I.....I....I dont know...I mean...I gotta go!" with that he ran out of the avairy up the stairs into his forbidden room and stayed there to think things out.

-----
Completly wrote its self folks and yes....this chapter practially revolved arround a muffin.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Cannon on March 1, 2006, 8:10:26 AM

Cannon on
CannonCOOOL!!! Heh..... poor Peng. ^^ I hope the next chap is as good as this one. GO BIRDS!!! *random ness* ^^