Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - And they call her Buttercrush

The powerpuff girls disappeared almost 30 years ago and evil reigns supreme. There's always a good guy somewhere but where?

Chapter 2 - And they call her Buttercrush

Chapter 2 - And they call her Buttercrush
        Both sides of the fist were fairly confused. The giving end realized that it’s fist was now inside a large bespectacled single cell organism. The receiving was wondering why some one had randomly punched him. Junior look at the owner of the fist that was now embedded inside him. It was a girl and not a Gangreen, he pleasantly noticed. She had a messy head of black hair, large green eyes and, like most people at that time, she wore no shoes and old, filthy clothes that had either been stolen or hand made. Unlike most people, however, she did not seem to have any fingers or toes. Junior didn’t give this much thought as he himself didn’t even have a real head.
        An uncomfortable silence was growing so Junior decided to state the obvious. “Well, this is awkward.”
        The strange girl pulled her hand out of him with little effort.
        “Who the heck are you supposed to be?” she said, walking over to a bag lying by the garbage can.
         “Oh, uh, I’m Junior. W-what about you?”
        “They call me Buttercrush.”
        “Why do they call you that?” Junior’s question was about to be answered in a very interesting way.
        “There you are, you little brat!” Junior recognized the voice as that one that had called after her earlier and now he had a face to go with it. It was an elderly man, who was almost completely bald.
        “I’m sorry sir,” Buttercrush said in the sweetest way a little girl could, “I was just so hungry, but if you need it more...” She then held up the sack for the old man to take. He, not being immune to the charms of a little girl walked up to take it. The moment he did the hand holding it snapped forward and grabbed the collar of his shirt. Like a jackhammer on caffeine the other hand pounded him in the face with unnatural speed. Then, with a little jump, she planted a foot in the man’s face, sending him flying.
        “That’s why they call me Buttercrush.” Junior could no longer hold in his excitement, and began asking Buttercrush all sorts of questions and verbally replaying the event over and over again. She tried simply walking away, but that didn’t quite work as he followed her. After a while she had enough.
        “Hey, just how long were you planing on following me?” it was then that Junior realized a few small things like broken windows and graffiti. He suddenly realized the danger he was in.
        “We’re in Gangreen Territory.”
        “So?”
        “SO?! So, look at me! I’m an amoeba!”
        “And your point is?”
        “My point is WE GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!”
        “Yur boyfriend’s got a point, Buttercrush.” came a voice from one of the dark alleys. With a few steps the owner revealed himself. He had green skin and a slim build. His black hair was slicked back save for a few strands that fell in front of his sun glasses. To add to his obvious tough-boy attitude, he wore a large leather jacket, covered in chains.
        He was soon followed by other green-skinned delinquents. A scrawny, greasy boy with hair covering most of his face and wearing grungy clothes. Also a girl with her green hair done up in a Mohawk dressed exclusively in clothes bearing spikes, the final was a very short one sporting a crewcut and one eye in the middle of his head.
        “Ready for another beating, Duke?” Buttercrush said to the jacketed leader of the group as she took a defensive fighting stance.
        “You’re gonna take on the Gangreen Gang?” Junior asked
        “Wow, nothin’ gets past you does it?”
        “Oh, Buttercrush,” Duke said, “why don’t you meet our new friend, Little Bobby.”
        “Little Bobby?” Junior and Buttercrush said in unison as the single eyed midget approached them.
        Little Bobby closed his eye as if he was trying to think really hard. After a few moments of this there was a sort of WHUFUMP! As his arms suddenly grew to be several feet long and heavily built.
        “I don’t like where this is going.” Junior said, cowering behind Buttercrush.
        “Thanks for sharing Captain Obvious.” just as she said this the rest of ‘Little’ Bobby’s whufump’d to match his arms.
        “Well,” Duke began, “any last words?”
        “Actually, yes.” Junior said, “Do you hear that?”
        Everyone present was silent as they listened. A strange clicking and hissing seemed to be coming all around them. Then something totally unexpected happened, cockroaches began poring out of everywhere they could fit and gathered into a passive pile between the now Big Bobby and Buttercrush. The shapeless pile formed into some sort of giant bug which wasted no time in grabbing the Bobby formerly known as little and tossed him into the closest building. It then turned it’s attention to the other members of the Gangreen Gang.
        Junior and Buttercrush were well to stunned by this to notice the large garbage truck pull up behind them.
        “Hey Junior!” called the driver, a fat aging man shamelessly wearing grease-stained underwear and having a pair of antennae coming off his greasy head.
        “Roach Coach!” Junior responded eagerly to his father’s number one hit man.
        “Get in!” the children didn’t have to be asked twice. As soon as they were in the front seat of the truck Roach sped off back to Amoeba Boy’s headquarters.
        “Dad’s probably furious at me, huh?”
        “No, if fact he’s very pleased.”
        “Why?” the tiny blob asked, confused
        “You found something he’s been looking for.”
        “What’s that?”
        “You found a Powerpuff.” Coach said pointing to Buttercrush.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment