Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Of Brains and Blobs

The powerpuff girls disappeared almost 30 years ago and evil reigns supreme. There's always a good guy somewhere but where?

Chapter 4 - Of Brains and Blobs

Chapter 4 - Of Brains and Blobs
        When Belle awoke, she could easily tell she was not in her front lawn any more. In fact, she was quite certain she wasn’t in Princesstown for that matter. She seemed to be in a large chrome covered room that seemed to have once been a laboratory of some kind. The entire place seemed to be the definition of dilapidated, broken beakers and test tubes were strewn about. Electronics were gutted and lying on the floor, and, to top it all off, there was a huge hole in the wall.
        Belle floated though the hole into a much larger room. This one, however, seemed to have been cleaned recently and was in excellent condition, save for a few broken windows. Belle flew over to look out one of the oval shaped windows. She could tell she was high up due to the spectacular view. From there she could see the clean, pristine buildings of Princesstown and the Dark foreboding towers of old Townsville
        “Good evening and greetings, Belle.” came a voice with a strange accent Belle didn’t recognize. She spun around, looking for the source. It seemed to be coming from a chair in the middle of the room. Sticking up from behind it was a strange glass bulb Belle originally took for a lamp.
        “Who are you!” Belle demanded, readying her eye beams, just incase.
        “Who am I?” the chair spun around dramatically, and the glass bulb was revealed to be floating just a foot above the seat. On the bottom of the turban-like bulb there was attached a series of electronics and a pair of robotic arms.
        “I am the one who’s power brought many to their knees, the one who’s name would strike fear into the harts of men, the single simian mastermind who’s deeds still live in infamy, even now, many, many years after the deeds that were done were done by me! The most intelligent, powerful, hansom awesome, coo-”
        “Give it a rest Mojo.”
        Belle had let her guard drop as the floating device rambled on but now she was back on full alert when she heard Princesses. She turned to see Princess and a large amoebae wearing a gangster-style hat coming up an elevator.
        “Yeah, give it a rest.” the large invertebrate retorted.
        “Princess!” Belle shouted, As she dramatically hovered a few feet off the ground, “Why did you kidnap me?”
        “Well, Blossom, I mean, Belle, wait, uh, oohhh! Sometimes I hate Chemical X!”
        “Chemical X?” Belle questioned.
        “Yes, Chemical X!” Replied Mojo, in a very spooky tone, I might add, “Named because of it’s many unknown factors. X being used in mathematics to express the unknown and chemical referring to the substance itself. Therfo-”
        “Anyways,” Princess continued, leaving Mojo rambled on it the background, “I wouldn’t say we kidnaped you, more like picked you up.”
        “Huh?” Belle said returning to the ground.
        “You see Blo- I mean Belle, you are one of three superheroes called the Powerpuff girls.”
        “The...Powder puff girls?”
        “No, Powerpuff girls, three little girls powered by Chemical X. the same stuff that lets you fly and shoot lasers from your eyes.”
        “But, I’ve never even been in the school chemistry lab, how could this Chemical X give me powers.”
        “Like the floating lampshade said, chemical X is very mysterious, but we do know that it’s indestructible and carries regenerative abilities for whatever it’s attached to. In this case you.”
        “So, I’m this Blossom? A superhero?”
        “Yup.”
        “So, where are the others?”
        “Huh?”
        “The others, you said there were three.”
        “Well, uh-” Princess said looking embarrassed.
        “We only have one other here.” The large Amoebae stated.
        “You do?” Princess and Belle said in unison.
        “We do?” The anthropomorphic microbe replied.
        “Yeah, that’s what you just said, Mr. Boss.”
        “Oh, yeeeaaaah, Roach Coach called me and said he’d bring her by. Said they’d be here by three.” Boss said
        “Well it’s two so,” Princess turned to Belle, “if you’re any thing like the Blossom I know, you probably have, like, a million questions you wanna ask so you have about a hour to do so.”
        “Okay, first of all why are you all doing this and secondly,” Belle looked over to Mojo who was still rambling and floating around dramatically and Boss who was sniffing a light bulb, “What’s with those two?”
        “We are what you’d call ‘the resistance’. We’re the ones trying to take down ‘Him’. Before you ask, ‘He’ is a very powerful being who wants to rule the world. The Powerpuff girls were the only ones to ever defeat ‘Him’. As for your second question,” Princess also looked over at her two unhuman partners, “Well, the robot was in a weird explosion while testing Chemical X, which didn’t really change him that much, come to think of it, and other, well, he’s just an idiot.”
        “Another thing, you said you knew Blossom?”
        “Oh, uh, yeah, I uh, went to school with them.” Belle was about to comment on the suspiciousness of Princesses’ answer when a very loud and very annoying alarm went off.
        “Computer,” Princess shouted glad to be out of an uncomfortable situation, “Bring up Puff Finder 2000.” at her command a huge holographic map appeared in the middle of the room.
It was a lot more complex than the maps of Princesstown Belle had seen. On it there was a small flashing ‘X’ in an area marked in red.
        “Please tell me I’m reading this wrong!” Princess shouted.
        “No I am afraid you are not.” Mojo said just having snapped out of his rambling, “‘He’ has the third Powerpuff.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment