Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The awakening

My first English fan fic ever! Woohoo! The events could happen between WCIII and WoW. A romance between an undead girl and a demon

Chapter 1 - The awakening

Chapter 1 - The awakening
wokeup... I couldn’t open my eyes, but I was awake. Shouldn’t I be dead? I hazilyremember a battle, the clang of weapons and battle cries, but then…. Darknessall around me… What happened? Maybe I should try to get up, but why? I didn’thave a reason. I felt so empty, like a shell of a dead snail. I had neitherpast nor future, no dreams or hopes. I didn’t know my name, I didn’t know myfamily. Who was I? Who am I? Finally Ipushed myself up. I waited for a moment and then opened my eyes. Why was everythingsuddenly looking so gray? I had never seen this place before. It looked like adark underground cell. Coldness and humidity was streaming from the dark stonewalls. I was lying on a massive stone table with candles put around me. Wherewas I? Had someone saved me from death? I looked around myself in hope so seesomeone, but I was alone. Why did I feel so strange? It felt like my bodywasn’t mine. I took a look on my hands and I froze in fear. Those hands weren’tmine! They looked so skinny and gray. Oh my God! Have I been trapped in someoneelse’s body? With shaking hands and a terrified look I started to search forsomething that could reflect my image. I saw some shreds of glass lying on theclammy ground. I took the biggest one and put it near my face… The glass showedonly a weak reflection put it was enough. Enough to make me shiver only at theglance of the ugly creature that looked at me from the glass. This creature wasme? No, no this couldn’t be… I couldn’tbelieve in what I saw, I braced my arms and felt the sharp edges of the glasssqueezing into my hands, blood splashed out, but I didn’t feel any pain. Thisface was completely unknown to me – the gray skin, skinny face and the eyes –with no life in them. I was… dead… I froze;the shred fell out of my hands and smashed into little pieces against the hardfloor. My eyes couldn’t see anything but misty contours. I wanted to cry, butthe tears held back. I had to get away from this cursed place… I didn’thave an idea where was I running; in this newly discovered dark worldeverything was completely unknown to me. All I could do was running upstairsand hoping that there will be something better waiting for me at the top ofthis stairway. Finally I saw a beam of weak light coming down to me, which mademe to think that I’ll find what I want there, but I was wrong – at the end ofthe stairway I didn’t find neither sunlight nor the end of this nightmare. I foundmyself in the middle of a graveyard, there were crumbled stone crosses here andthe silence of death, the only life I could find here were some rats that fledfrom me into their safe hidings. I collapsed; I had lost all of my last hopes -About time you woke up. – A voice tore me out from mysorrow. I sounded like it’s master had long forgotten how to use it. It wascold and it didn’t know any mercy or kindness, I heard anger within it. I summonedup my courage and turned to see the speaker. He was just like me, only evenscarier. The gray skin didn’t even cover his bones in some places, the clothingwas tattered. He held a lantern in his hand which lit up his face making itlook even more terrible. His lower jaw was broken and it hanged from the upperjaw, but his face looked like a skull. I shiveredand started to step back. - You’ve awokenright in time – He continued like he wouldn’t be disturbed by my fear.We wereready to toss you into the fire with the others, but it looks like you made it. Then henoticed that I’m afraid. He screwed up his face and tried to come closed, but Ididn’t allow him to, I ran away. I ran, not knowing where, but at the momentthe most important this for me was to get away from that terrible creature thatstayed behind and laughed about my panic fear. My feet tripped over turf,bones and skulls which served as a hiding place for cemetery rats. But I didn’tgive up. Then I raninto a village, which looked abandoned at the first glance, but I was wrong.Soon the inhabitants of the creepy village noticed a stranger in theirterritory and silhouettes started to appear is the tipped doors of seeminglyempty houses, but I didn’t stop to find out whether they are just like me ornot. I saw skeletons wandering in the empty streets. They rattled their chainsand make sounds that cut me to the bone. I took a dark lane so that must notcross the way of the terrifying creatures. I ran and ran till I saw a forest, Ireached the first tree and collapsed with any strength. I didn’t know which wasmore terrible – heading forward into the dark forest with glowing red eyes inshades, or going back to the possessed village… What was happening to me? - Don’t beafraid. I won’t hurt you and nor will the villagers. – This strong voice scaredme, I sit up and took a look on the talker. He wasn’t dead, but his appearanceshocked me as much as the living dead in the village. He was very tall and sinewy.His bat-like wings, demonic tail and hoofed feet made me believe that he was ademon. His pale face didn’t resemble any emotions. The black markings aroundhis eyes streamed out evilness. There were two huge, arched horns on hisforehead. The strong body was covered with shiny metal armor and the wings werefolded and made the impression of a cape. I clung tothe stem of the tree trying to get any further from him. He saw my fear.- It musthave been terrible to make up in the Shadow Grave all alone with only the coldMordo to greet you… Iunderstood only a part from what he said, I wanted to flee, but my fear hadparalyzed me. Though I couldn't deny that he calmed me down. His voice soundeda little bit friendlier.- What… - Itried to ask, but my voice didn't serve me well.- This isthe beginning or a new life, or should I say death? Because you’re not aliveanymore. – He told me like he would have heard my question. – Now you are oneof them – he showed to the village. I couldn't believe what I heard…- They arecalled the Undead, because they are not alive anymore, but they are also notdead.- So Idied? – I asked him so quietly that I even wondered how he heard me.- Yes, youfell in a battle. But that makes no difference anymore. This is another life –an immortal life. We have awakened you from your slumber, because we need you.Come with me and I explain you everything. He reacheda clawed hand to me and I took it with trembling fingers, I felt myself gettingup. I lost my balance, but he caught me. I followed him, though I knew he’sleading me back to the village.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment