Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Rich Folks

Sonic and friends escape from the circus and our favorite speedster and his pals become spellcasters at a magic school.

Chapter 0 - Rich Folks

Chapter 0 - Rich Folks
The train had been making its way on the track for a few minutes. 
"So now what?" Amy asked.
"We just sit back and see where this train takes us," said Sonic, reclining in a calm pose.
"We've had that attitude before we crash landed," said Knuckles, "and look where we ended up."
"At least we're away from Lerich and his circus," said Tails.
"If he even has one anymore," Cream pointed out.
The group was silent for a few seconds as a reaction to Cream's comment 
"Let's just ditch these costumes," said Sonic, removing his helmet and cape, while the others took off their costumes, with Amy and Cream having worn their original dresses under theirs.

As soon as they were sure that the train had stopped, they jumped out of the cart and found that they were at a train station with a sign that said "Queens".

The station had red bricked floors. There were restaurants and shops inside, similar to a shopping mall.

In the cafe, a man was ordering from a café. After he paid and walked out, he spotted them and looked at them as if he hadn't seen creatures like them before.

"Good afternoon," he said, "what brings you around these parts?"

The gang was slightly stunned. They figured he probably wouldn't believe their story.

"We're from out of town," Amy said.

"We got on a train coming from the carnival," said Tails sprinkling some truth inside, "and we ended up here."

"Oh," the man said, "do you live nearby?"

"Actually," Sonic said, "we're a long way from home."

"And have no way back," Knuckles added.

"I'm sorry," the man said, "tell you what, as soon as my fianceé gets here, she and I can discuss what to do with you youngsters. By the way, the name's Motta. Taffy Motta."

In about a minute, the marquee that displayed all the trains arrival time announced the arrival of another train at the station.

"Hello, Irrika," Taffy said to a tan, petite woman with short, brown hair coming from the train's stop port. When she got closer, they could see she was wearing a sequin track suit. She and Taffy embraced each other in a hug.

"This is my fianceé, Irrika Vexus," he introduced her.


"Yes," the woman said, "here's my card." She pulled out one of her business cards from her jacket pocket and held it out for them to see. It read:

Irrika Elizabeth Vexus
Financial Advisor

Underneath was her address and phone number. Cream took it from her just to be polite.

"Does 'fianceé' mean you're married?" Cream asked.

"Almost." Irrika replied "We recently got engaged," she said as she showed off her engagement ring.

"Doesn't that strike you as a reminder of what you should be doing soon, Sonic?" Amy asked the blue hedgehog, "Get the hint?"

Sonic just rolled his eyes and looked away from her. He didn't have time for her talk of marriage, especially at a time like this.

"We could always take you back to our house and you can try to contact home there," Irrika offered.

"Do you have a radio telescope?" Tails asked.

"No," Taffy chuckled, finding what the fox said to be adorable, "but we can help you see what you can find."

They got into their car, which looked like it was an old model, but still shiny and new. With Irrika in the front seat, and the other 5 taking the back, which was roomy.

"What are your names, by the way,"  Taffy asked.

"Sonic the Hedgehog."

"I'm Miles Prower, but everyone calls me Tails, which is what I prefer."

"Knuckles. Knuckles the Echidna."

"I'm Amy Rose."

"And I'm Cream. I'm just a rabbit. And this is my chao, Cheese."

They left the station and drove down the street. 

"You've heard what they say about getting into a car with strangers," Tails whispered.

"They never said anything about rich strangers," Cream whispered back.

When they arrived in a city much like Station Square, but with a more cultural aestethic. It seemed that there were modern buildings, but keeping some of their old world style. The car parked into a garage of a square, stone building with steps leading up to the front door.

They followed them up the stairs. They looked around and saw the house was nicely furnished, with furniture and decorations that must have cost quite a fortune.

"Welcome to our humble abode," said Irrika. 

"'Humble' sounds way off; alot of these things do look pretty pricey," Sonic said.

"You all must be thirsty," said Taffy, "Let me get you something to drink." Taffy walked out of the room and walked back in carrying a tray of glasses garnished with citrus fruits such as lemons, limes and oranges.

"I've noticed that you've given us water with fruit at the edge of the glasses," said Amy, "which was pretty nice of you, and I've read in magazines that it's actually a more healthy, natural way to flavor drinks instead of artificial flavors."

"While that may be true, Amy," Taffy said "but Irrika thinks plain, unflavored water is boring and 'uncool.'"

"So," Irrika asked the mammals, "where are you from, and what brought you out here?"

"We're from the Mobian Galaxy," Tails explained, "and we we're flying in our spacecraft and a wormhole sucked us in."

"Oh my," Irrika said, "you're a long way away from home!"

"That's for sure," Sonic added.

"And how old did you say you were?" Taffy asked.

They all stated their ages all at once.

"You're all just kids!" Irrika marveled, "so you must be a very long way from your school!" 

"We never went-" Cream started.

"I'll enroll you in one," Irrika interrupted, "until you can find your way back home. And you'll be given your own rooms while you're staying with us. We have two rooms to spare, but boys and girls should sleep in separate rooms, no exceptions."

"Looks like we're rooming together, guys," Tails said to Sonic and Knuckles.

"I said 'no exceptions'," Irrika said firmly.

"But I'm a boy," Tails explained.

Later that night, when the boys and girls were in their separate rooms, they pondered the situation.

"I don't see why she decided to put is in school," Tails said, "I know as much as any professor and can drive."

"And everything you need to know you can learn on the streets, anyway," Sonic added.

"Maybe they just want us out of their hair during the day," Knuckles said.

At that moment, the doorbell rang and they all rushed downstairs.

"I wonder who that could be?" Irrika asked out loud. 

"I'll get the door," said Taffy. He got up from his seat and opened the front door. Standing in front of it was a postman.

"I've got letters for the Vexus family."

The five mammals took a look at him.

"Thank you very much," Taffy said as he took the letters and waved to the postman as he waved back and got back on his truck.

They all gathered around Taffy in anticipation of their letters. Each of them read a bit of it out loud.


We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Majorka's School of Magicry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,
Seth Penders
Deputy Headmaster

"Although you're a bit of a late enrollment," Irrika said, "I was able to have you penciled in. And we'll be able to cover the expenses of your required materials."

"Magic, huh?" Tails questioned, "you know that's just a bunch of smoke and mirrors."

"But I'm sure you'll still have a fun time," Taffy said.

"But there's nothing science can't explain," Tails said.

"You're a critical thinker," said Taffy, "I'm sure the professors will like that."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment