Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - First Day

Sonic and friends escape from the circus and our favorite speedster and his pals become spellcasters at a magic school.

Chapter 1 - First Day

Chapter 1 - First Day
The next morning, Taffy woke up the youngsters bright and early. He first approached the boys' room and knocked on the door before letting himself in.

"Rise and shine," he said cheerfully, "don't want to be late in your first day of school!"

Everyone woke up, except for Sonic

"Sonic," Tails poked his friend, "wake up."

Sonic just made a whining noise and fanned Tails away with his hand.

"C'mon," Knuckles said, "we don't have time for this." And he pulled Sonic out of his bed, while the hedgehog grabbed onto his blankets, trying to cling with no success, and he dragged the blankets with him. Forced to the floor, Sonic sat up and rubbed his eyes. 

"Can't I stay home and help you bake cookies?"


"We've got to catch the train on time," Taffy said, "so let's get going, up and at 'em!"

He then went to the girls' room and knocked on their door.

"Rise and shine, girls! It's time for your first day of school!"

In a moment, a sleepy-looking Amy opened the door, and Cream followed her from behind holding her chao companion.

"Morning already?" Cream asked.

"Yes," Taffy said, keeping his cheerfulness, "now get ready, because I'm driving you to the station today. Don't worry about breakfast, I'll take you out for it on the way. Irrika isn't joining us because she has an important meeting this afternoon."

"Why do we have to take a train?" Tails asked "Isn't the school nearby?"

"It's in another town," Taffy explained, "another region, possibly, but this train is the best way to get there."

Taffy drove them to a nearby café, which was shaped like an igloo called Mable's Maple.

"For a place that looks like an igloo," said Cream, "it sure is warm in here." 

"But Irrika said this was the coolest place to take you for breakfast."

"She definitely didn't mean it literally," Tails said.

"Let's see if there's anything you'd like on the menu," Taffy said, looking to lighten their spirits. 

"Let's see," Amy said, reading the menu aloud, "Maple Bacon, Maple Toast Points. Maple, Maple, Eggs, and Maple... that sounds... disgusting, actually. Isn't there anything on this menu that isn't swimming in maple syrup?"

"I'm sure you'll find something you'll like," Taffy assured her, "anything you don't finish, I'll take it back with me."

After breakfast, Taffy drove the bunch to Queen's Cross Station, which is the station they had arrived at the other day.

"Now according to the brochure," he told them as he fanned it out for them to see, "you should wait at platform 9 ½ for your train. And that's right between platforms 9 and 10."

"Alright," said Tails.

"I hope you youngsters have a good time," Taffy said, "I'll miss you."

"But you've only known us for one day," said Sonic.

"I know," Taffy replied, "but still."

They disembarked the car and Taffy wove to them as he drove off. 

"Good luck!"

They passed by the platforms of other numbers and saw platform 9 and platform 10, but the one they were looking for was nowhere in sight.

"But Taffy said it was right here exactly," Cream said.

"Maybe the brochure had a typo in it," Sonic said as he leaned against the wall. But in a split second, he fell through the wall, as the wall was just an illusion set up to conceal the platform.

He looked up and saw the station and the train headed towards it. The others just walked right through now that they knew they could. 

The sign above the shiny black and red train read "Majorka Express".

Despite their slight disbelief, they stepped on to the train.

As the train started to move, they decided to take this time to gather their thoughts before their stop.

"It's funny," Tails spoke up, "we've taken a train to civilization only to be sent away by the people we met there on another train."

"Do you think our luck will turn bad again?" Cream asked.

"I'm sure we'll be fine" Sonic said, as calm and confident as ever, "I'm sure any thing we get into, we can get out of it just as easily. Just like it's always been."

Everyone sat in silence as the train kept rolling along the track. 
In about 30 or so minutes, the train stops at their destination. When the gang disembarks, the train moves on and looks as if it had literally disappeared into a tunnel.

"Welp, there goes our ride." Sonic says with a nervous laugh.

They got off the train and walked into the station. There were signs directing them to where the school was located, which was conveniently across the street from the station.


They then saw the campus to their North. It seemed to match the description on their cards, with the exception of a dark forest at the other end of the school.

Cream stumbled over what appeared to be a pit. "Whoa!"

The others stopped as they heard her. "Be careful," Cream told the others, "I almost fell in that deep hole." 

"Chao!" Cheese insisted.

Everyone gathered around to look into the gaping hole in the ground. "How deep do you think it is?" Tails asked. He picked up a pebble and chucked it in.
The pebble continued to fall until it disappeared into the darkness.

"I'd sure hate to find out any other way." Sonic said.

The campus was large, and had equally large grass fields and paved walking paths. Taken in by the scenery, they walked on to those paths.

"Hi," said a girl who was standing on the lawn. She had long blonde wavy hair, a large head, plump pink shiny lips, bold green-and-pink eyeshadow, a short torso with thin legs and big feet. She was wearing the school uniform, but she seemed to have alterted it, by tying the bottom of her shirt so it exposed her midriff and hiked the skirt above her knees.
"You must be new here," she continued, "I'm Caterina Diff. And since I'm so generous, I'll show you what to do on your first day. Follow me!" 

There was something off about this girl, as well as something off-putting, which may have been the patronizing tone she used with them, but they followed her.

They walk closer to the school and see group of kids playing keep away with glass orb while a boy is trying to get it back from them.

"Hey, hey!" Sonic shouted at the kids who were picking on the boy.

"Just let him handle it on his own," Caterina said.

Sonic then turns into a whirlwhind and swirls the kids into it. The orb falls and the boy it belonged to caught it.

They approached a flat, square stone with a sign that said "directory". Caterina poked the button, which looked like an eye, and an image that seemed holographic appeared from its flat top.

"Now, this is where the Deputy Headmaster's office is, where you'll need to go to get registered, if you aren't already," she told them. A girl walked by with her hair up in two pointy buns.
"Hey, I like your hair!" Caterina called out to her, "Who's your hairdresser?"
"Thanks," the girl said, "I got inspiration from a Japanese fashion magazine!"
"Ooh, exotic," cooed Caterina. But as soon as the girl walked out of sight, Caterina changed her tune.
"That is the stupidest hairstyle I've ever seen..." She then looked at Amy and said in a chipper tone, "I like your dress, where'd you get it."
Amy just stared at her.
"We're going to go to the Deputy Headmaster's office, now... thanks for the tutorial."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment