Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter one

This is a fantasy story with exitment(hopefully) and a fun adventure

Chapter 1 - Chapter one

Chapter 1 - Chapter one


CHAPTER 1





There was once a girl who lived among the highest branches, the biggest rivers and the widest range of animals you could ever imagine. She was only a young girl, but she had power. She had more power than even she knew about. She had the ability to fly with the flocks of forest birds, or swim with the river creatures in the depths if the waters by which she woke up every morning. She would open her ears before her eyes and listen to the burble of the water next to her, and then she would open her eyes and see the lush green grasses surrounding her and the tail of fish that had been drawn towards her as had so many others. When she got up, she would feel the soft gentle breeze bringing with it smells from all around her fantastic home. Her senses would carry her to the water's edge to bathe, then to the burrow where she would find the nuts and truffles from the day before. A squirrel or maybe a chipmunk would then follow her into the burrow. Drawn to her powers, as the fish had been earlier. She would turn to see who was watching, the rodent would come to their senses and run from her as fast as their little legs could carry them. She would laugh and smile, then go about the day's work.

But on this day, she opened her ears and heard chattering, confused, she opened her eyes and saw crabs, trout, salmon, frogs, newts and other river dwellers looking at her. She sat up and felt no breeze but perfect stillness. She looked around her. Not just chipmunks and squirrels this time but rats, snakes, hogs and all the other forest dwellers, surrounded her. She looked up and saw a bird in every branch looking down at her. Owls were glaring with their wide night eyes, starlings cheeped at her, an eagle sat among the top branches of an oak and looked directly into her eyes with a look that pierced her thoughts and made her cry out.

“What do you want?” She asked, just to voice a thought.

“We want what only you can give us, Isa bellsonclaw” replied the Golden Eagle, each word pronounced as clearly as if it were spoken by a scholar. Isa shrieked but could not move, they had her.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Nemya on April 8, 2005, 6:42:02 AM

Nemya on
Nemya*glomps you*

Eep, sounds freaky.... but awesome story. Yay!!

Tillyenna on March 21, 2005, 3:52:14 AM

Tillyenna on
Tillyennawhat is it only she can give them, ooh that sounds bad, it sounded alright in my head, but then again alot of things do...