Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The friendship

just a story i started writing for an English class, but i liked it.

Chapter 1 - The friendship

Chapter 1 - The friendship
It was a perfectly calm moonless night. I packed up my fishing gear and made my way down to the jetty that was 2 bays down from my shack. When I got to the start of the jetty I saw a figure sitting at the end. As I got closer I could see it was a girl. I got to the end and put down my bucket and rod. “Hi” I said to the girl in a casual voice.She looked up at me with a very artificial looking smile and replied “Hello” it a quite voice. I could see that she looked sad. I sat down next to her, taking of my thongs and dangling my toes in the water.“My names Felix” I said, introducing my self while starring into the ripples on the water. “What’s your name?”“Samantha” she replied in the same quite voice. “Where you from?” I asked as you commonly do when you see new people down the shacks. As I finished asking I saw her lip curl slightly and a tear escape from her eye. “What’s wrong?” I asked hesitantly, feeling bad that I had done something wrong. “Nothing” she replied firmly, wiping the tear from her eye and looking away. We sat there in silence for a moment then I said “I’m staying in a shack 2 bays that way with my dad for the holidays” pointing down towards my shack.“I’m in that bay just there” she said pointing to the next one up. And as she finished a mans voice boomed from the darkness “SAMMY!”“That’s my dad” said Samantha getting to her feet and making her way down the jetty. “Bye” I said and she stopped and looked at me with a smile that looked a little more realistic.“Bye” she said as she continued to make her way of the jetty. As she disappeared into the darkness I baited my rod and cast it effortlessly into the water. I fished for about an hour but did not catch anything. I packed up my gear and made my way home.That morning I woke up feeling fresh to the sound of waves crashing lightly on the shore and the sound and smell of my dad cooking bacon and eggs in the kitchen. I ate breakfast and stepped outside, it was a warm clear day already so I put on my bathers and sunscreen and headed down to the jetty for a swim while the tide was still up. I had barely remembered the previous night’s events when the jetty was in sight. At the end I saw a skinny figure lying on a beach towel that was way to big. As I walked closer to the end the girl looked up. She was much prettier in the light now I could see her clearly. She was lightly tanned with a hand full of freckles on her cheeks. She had long brown hair tied back, two round bright greenish- hazel eyes and a small button nose. She was lying there in a two piece bathing suit. “Hello” she said cheerfully. “Hi” I replied and we swam around for the morning splashing and playing. Finally the question had grown in me so much I had to ask again. “So where are you from?”This time her face turned series but she did not look upset, finally she said “I lived in a small town with my mum, my dad and my little brother, but my little brother has fallen ill and needs to be in the hospital, so we are staying with nanna and pop”“Oh” I said under my breath, lightly shocked.“His names Ben, he’s only 6” I didn’t know what to say, I was only 14 and I wasn’t exactly train to interact with sad people, So I gestured a Hug. She stared at me for a moment and then hugged me with a firm grip, she was crying again. I felt bad for bringing it. 15 seconds had passed and she finally stopped trembling. She let go and stepped back. “I’m sorry” she said wiping her face and pulling her self back together. After that we continued to swim for the rest of the morning, once the tide went out we went searching for crabs under rocks, she enjoyed it but I continued to scare her by pretending to throw the crabs at her.She knew no other people down the shack, so when she wasn’t in town visiting her brother she was down the jetty and I went down to meet her seeing as most of the usual summer shack goers where not down. 2 weeks past of playing together and talking, we where getting along great and having a good time, both us where lightly red with sun burn.It was Friday night and the moon was as bright as could be. I was making my way down to the jetty to try and catch some squid. When I arrived the jetty was bare. I took out my squid jag and cast it into the water. It was really warm and there was no light except for the bright light at the end of the jetty, it was cloudy which covered the stars and there was no moon. I had barely sat down and reached into my bucket when I herd foot steps coming up the jetty. I turned around and it was Samantha, she was wearing a blue mini skirt and a short sleeved top, she looked so pretty in the bright moonlight. She sat down next to me and said “Hey”. “Hi” I replied. We when we where looking in away from each other she gently placed her fingers on mine. As she did my heart leaped, I was not expecting it. It was great, I didn’t want her to move, and we just sat there staring into the moonlight water for about 20 minuets not saying anything. Then we looked at each other, staring into each others eyes, she was blushing heavily and by the amount of warmth in my cheeks I’m sure I was to. After what seemed like forever she leaned in towards me her mouth lightly open and her eyes closed. This was all new for me and I wasn’t sure what to do, but I knew what needed to so I kissed her, when our lips met it was the best feeling of my life, I felt like I had never felt before. After that we just sat there, hand in hand staring into the moonlight water. After about an hour or pure bliss a booming voice sound came from the shadows. “SAMMY!”.“Well that’s my dad” said Sammy standing up.“Yeah” I said and I walked her to the end of the jetty.“Well bye” she said still very red in the face.“Good night” I replied and she walked on into the shadows.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BlueAngel7 on March 4, 2007, 4:45:05 AM

BlueAngel7 on
BlueAngel7I LOVE IT!!! WRITE MORE!!! MORE I TELL YOU!!! would you believe it, before i cut my hair so short, it was also long and brown...and i had freckles, and hazel eyes, randomly!!! buuuut i was a bit on the...curvy side shall we say! lol. tammi in my story's real name is...SAMMI!!! THE ONE WHO STOLE ROSS!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!! *with teeth and claws*